Lost

The Economist

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 14, 2008 on ABC

• OK episode, great ending

7.8
    Of the season 4 episodes we have been treated to so far I found this the least enjoyable. That is by no means to say that it was not good, the other episodes have just been exceptional. It is Sayid-centric and follows him, post-island, as he befriends the ill-fated Elsa whose mysterious employer - an economist by profession - is of great interest to Sayid or rather, the man Sayid is working for.

Of all our island-dwelling Losties I find myself drawn to Sayid the least. The lack of empathy for him may be down to our differences in culture, character or even gender but I find myself less absorbed by his flash-backs and now his flashforwards. The storyline was sound. I liked the building of tension caused by the persistent and cryptic references to the eponymous 'Economist' and suspicious phone calls. I did, however, find the chemsitry between Sayid and his unfortunate female aquaintance a little unbelievable putting it down to a general lack of chemistry. On a positive note this episode was rescued by an amazing final scene which left my head (adorned with jaunty 'I Love Lost'cap) spinning.