Lost

The Incident (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 13, 2009 on ABC

• Lost season 5 goes out with a bang. Literally.

The Good:

Jacob: Aah, we hardly knew ye. The Messiah of Craphole Island. The reason the Others are so hostile. He looked weird. I thought he was going be this Yoda-like old man who spoke in riddles. And he turned out to be this regular dude. Who has a nemesis (all the great stories do). His last words were "they" are coming. Did he mean Sawyer, Jack, Kate and the gang? Or are there other, other, other Others? Wouldn't surprise me.
    Jacob's enemy: You think you know the bad guy, but you really don't. There's always a man behind the man behind the curtain. A man who made Charles Widmore look like a wimp by manipulating Ben (Ben! of all people) in the form of John Locke. This brought back the Good vs. Evil/ Black and White theme. The whole time I was thinking about Backgammon.
    John Locke: Dead is Dead even for the Man of Faith. I hope this doesn't mean we will never see him again. The man has a destiny, I'm sure of it.
    Flashbacks: It was cute seeing Little Sawyer and Little Kate (who has always been a criminal). Little Kate looked a lot like Adult Kate. Good casting. And Nadia and Sayid. Wow, that was so harsh. Nadia died in the exact same way as Juliet's husband. Coincidence?
    Rose & Bernard & Vincent: Yay! They're alive, and happy. And retired. Smart folks!
    Sun:found Charlie's DS ring. Nice touch.
    Jack and Sawyer Fight: Had to happen at some point. They really beat the crap out of each other. It was awesome!
    Sawyer and Juliet: The heart-wrenching moment of '09. "I love you so much!". "Don't you leave me!" The acting was brilliant. Thank you for ripping out my heart. How the triangle can be resurrected after that is beyond me.
    Elizabeth Mitchell: RULED this episode! Juliet: The heroine of Lost. I'll miss her. At least she got to go out Charlie-style. Best style one can go out in.
    Miles: saved his daddy. Aahh. And now we know how Chang lost his hand.
    Sawyer: second time he lost his family. If the bomb didn't reset everything I hope he goes completely dark next season to avenge Juliet's death.
    Ben: Michael Emerson was amazing! And I felt kinda bad for Ben. Even though he had it coming.

The Bad (it did have a couple of flaws):
    The reasons for nuking the island. Juliet changed her mind because Sawyer looked at Kate. That was completely out of character for her. She was always the only stable and mature person in the quadrange (Okay her last moment more than made up for it). And Jack's, I liked the fact he kept a distance from Kate ever since they came back to the island. It would be so much better for his character if he did. Too much relationship-crap while Sayid was dying in the background.
    No Desmond. Jin didn't have anything to do (this entire season). He didn't even ask about his child!

Favorite line:
    Rose: We traveled back 30 years in time, and you're still trying to find ways to shoot each other? Heh, I've missed her.

Favorite exchange: Sun: what happened to the rest of the statue? Ben: I don't know. It was like that when I got here.
    Sun: Do you expect me to believe that? Ben:... Not really.

Favorite moment: "Come on you son of a b*tch!"... Boom!!!!

What will happen? No one knows.