Lost

The Incident (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 13, 2009 on ABC

• It's not just you, it's me. What the heck was THAT?

Wow, this felt rushed, poorly acted and cheesy and I hoped it wasn't going to play like it did after the last few episodes - where it felt like the wheels were starting to come off this show. I was loving this season, it had a lot of neat moments that really seemed they were tying up nicely over the course of the season arc. The time travel / parallel timelines twists and constant back references and nods made this season really enjoyable and compelling viewing, until... We see Jacob and now all of a sudden he's EVERYWHERE, and he kinda always was, see? The Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet thing finally got on my nerves, and Jack and Saywer have a argument while Sayid is bleeding to death in the van?! Seriously? What happened to Ben? He's a bloody big sook! Locke's a reincarnated a-hole and that shoehorned-in bunch from the new plane turn back up with his body... Jacob, someone who I've really only just met gets stabbed and I DON'T CARE! Also, 'they're coming...', Who is it NOW? Don't tell me the Jack/Sawyer/Kate bunch are suddenly going to appear on the beach with the Locke/Ben/Ricardus mob. Either that or it's another freighter, or aliens, or the OTHER others. Tragically a lot of the characters just seemed to be making a cameo appearance, and making really dumb decisions. I could go on but I'm pushing the number of question and exclamation marks I can use in one review. Certainly this was the one of the worst Lost moments for me, even more than some of the early episodes of Season Three.

I love Lost, even when most people I knew had given up watching it a long time ago, I'd always cite it as being one of my favourite shows. It's only been getting better & better, with that wobbly bit in Season Three, but I'm worried that its just Jumped the Shark - maybe two at once.

Roll on Season Six!