Lost

The Lie

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 21, 2009 on ABC

• Spoiler Alert: Watch This Episode!

I fully expect this episode to get higher marks than the first hour, mainly because of the surprise ending, but to me it was a little worse. I hate using that term because this was still an incredible hour of television.

I did not like Ms. Hawking upon her arrival so I'm not a fan of her playing such a big part in the future of the Losties, but I am objective so I'll give her a chance.

But the Hurley stuff here was great. Cheech Marin is still entertaining as Hurley's father, even if the comedic icon makes you laugh at everything he says.

This episode gives me high hopes for Season 5. Let's just hope it does not disappoint.
  • What if we can't bring LOST back to it's original glory? Then God help us all...

Ok...This episode was BAD and will probably be the worst this season.

First of all, it has no standalone value. It picks up right off from last week, and everything is just to lead up to next week. Next, we have Hurley. He was terrible. He acts like an idiot the entire episode. And then he gets himself arrested. Am I the only one who was reminded of Heroes? That was out of character and stupid.

Also, we have the people attacking the LOSTies. First, they don't both to get closer to the LOSTies for a direct hit, then they don't bother to ask them any questions or give them time to explain. You aren't going to cut a woman's hand off if you need her to answer questions...

Ben, Faraday, and Locke save what would of been a terrible filler episode. Not only did very little happen, but it was extremely chaotic.

I watch LOST because I like the characters and storylines. So why are they destroying the characters to become one dimensional tools? And why do the storylines feel like Heroes?
  • A great conclusion to the opener.

First, let me say how thrilled I was to see Ana-Lucia again. That scene was hysterical and I LOVED the little Libby comment. Hurely just takes everything in stride, doesn't he? It was interesting to see that Hurley was really against the rest of them when it came to the lie. I think he's always been a very moral character and I love that the writers continue to show that. I was a little hesistent to believe that Jack would go along with Ben so easily but I guess he's just that desperate. The re-introduction of the time-woman was interesting. I can't wait to see what role she'll play in the rest of the series. All in all, a great start to season 5...but I still miss Claire :( .
  • Rev.

Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops. Hurley confesses that the Oceanic Six have been lying. The island survivors are attacked by armed men. Ben learns that he only has seventy hours to reunite the Oceanic Six and return them to the island. So one episode down time for another review of Lost season five. I think this waqs a Hurley centric episode, I love Hurley episodes.

So from the way the episode was edited when I watched it Im guessing this episode starts with Hurley fleeing the crime scene with Sayid, he is stopped by Ana Lucia (WTF) yes you know it he's seeing dead people again, it was a awesome guest appearence from the the character that everyone hates to love. I liked Ana Lucia but oh well it was nice to see her again. Its just a matter of time before Libby shows up I guess.

Hurley was really funny in this episode I loved the part where he got scared by Ben and he threw his food best scene of the night. The part where he told his mother everything was great but I fear his poor little mum will tell everyone and then Hurley will get in trouble. The Kate and Sun scene was pretty sad when they where talking about Jin, that part got me.

Now I think I have talked about all the off island stuff so here comes the on island stuff. one word AWESOME. Poor Frogurt, I mean Neil, I mean Frogurt RIP dude. I thought that whole scene with the fire arrows was amazing it was really exciting as was at the edge of my seat in fact I fell off (Scrap that that didnt happen). And good old locke saved poor Juliets hand from those mean Dharma boys. Ok so I found this episode to be slightley slower than the first but it was still a great episode of Lost 9.0 out of 10.
  • Not sure which lie they meant, but their starting to cost the six

One thing the regular viewer of Lost should accept is a given is that everybody lies. Whether they're from the plane, the freighter, the island or off it, everybody is lying about something. Titling the episode 'The Lie' could make the casual viewer wonder which lie they're referring to. We, however, know that they're talking about the whopper the Oceanic 6 have been spinning since their rescue. In the opening bit, we see that there was some division even there. Jack was the most eager to lie. Kate seem more than willing to go a long with it (but we're going to find out that she had her own motives for lying. Sun seemed willing to participate, too, but my guess is she was still going through the shell shock of losing Jin to go along with it. Sayid was resistant to the idea initially, but finally allowed himself to be persuaded --- given all of the horror that was in his life even before he came to the island, he's used to putting bad stuff behind him. (Apparently, he doesn't realize that the worst is still ahead of him.)

The most objective person was Hurley. He didn't think it made any sense to lie, and from the viewers standpoint, I'm inclined to agree. How does telling a lie protect everyone on the island who was left. No one knows where to find the island, and it's just disappeared. And if the person to protect it from is Charles Widmore, we know for damn sure he won't believe it either. Hell, their very presence will expose them to him, and it's clear that Sun is more than willing to enlighten him. It is more likely he agreed to go along with the deception, because of the other key phrase--- people will call him crazy. We all know how sensitive Hugo is to this (how many times did he wince on the island when someone even implied he wasn't sane?) and considering where he's going to end up not long after the rescue, it obviously was a major concern to him. So he goes along with it, but it's clear he had major objections.

Now he's on the run from the police, the people from the safehouse, and God knows who else is chasing him. It probably doesn't help when a cop car pulls over and Ana Lucia, in her uniform, emerges. She's trying to guide him and keep him safe, but I'm still not sure how much she can be trusted. (And that throwaway line about Libby at the end? Cruel.) So he goes to the one place he thinks there might be some safety --- his home. There are those who would say that David Reyes is openly hostile to his son's story (saying he's crazy or lying probably doesn't help him) but look at it from his perspective: Your son emerges carrying an old friend who can't be revived no matter how much effort they put into it. The police say he killed three people, and your son just won't tell you what this is about. He was willing to lie for his son, and take Sayid to a doctor, and then very clearly tells him to keep away from Hugo. He may not know the situation, but Jack doesn't have his best interests at heart --- how can he if he's just made a deal with the devil?

His mother, on the other hand, wants answers. And considering that Hugo had the best relationship with his mother than just about anybody on the island did, it's not surprising that he finally, after what have been years of torment, finally unburdens himself. The scene borders between absurdity and pain-- as Hurley manages to sum up everything that happened on the island for the first 100 days in less than a minute --- an accomplishment in itself. It's not clear how much Carmen understands, but she does something no one on this show seems willing to do at all--- and that's listen. When she finally says: "I believe you," those three words mean more to her than just about anything else in the episode. Jorge Garcia is a revelation in this episode, and this may be his finest hour.

Jack seems to be willing to drink the Kool-Aid, but it also seems that he just likes being able to treat Sayid--- finally, a problem with something he can fix He thinks that finding Sayid makes his job a lot easier, but I saw the look on Ben's face when he heard that Jack had found him. Given what we heard in the last episode, it's pretty clear there's been a major break between these two--- we just don't know how horrible it is yet.

Kate is on the run herself, but she seems to be finding that it's lot harder to be a fugitive when you've got a toddler in tow. Then she gets an unexpected call--- and we see it's from Sun. Talking to her should be pleasant --- Sun and Kate were pretty close on the island, after all--- and Sun does try to be gentle, but there just seems to be a hint of cruelty in her pleasantness now--- especially in the way she seems to bring up her husband. There's definitely bad blood, and it's not clear what she hopes to be gained by calling on Kate. (Hell, initially I even thought that she might be the one behind the call to the lawyers.)

Back on the island, the time travel seems to have stopped at least for awhile. everyone seems to be more concerned with surviving now. One guy seems a little more worried --- Daniel. We don't know what he read in his journal, but when Charlotte starts telling him that she's starting to have memory lapses and a couple of headaches, he seems way too worried. He knows something, we're just not sure what yet.

Things then get worse in a hurry--- as the survivor are besieged by a hail of flaming arrows that kills a good deal of the extras that were still left. (Why they used arrows when it was clear that they have guns is a question I don't think we'll ever have answered. Eventually, Juliet and Sawyer manage to find safety, but are taken hostage by three very unpleasant Others. They seem doomed when bullets ring out and a knife flies through the air --- and out of the jungle comes Locke. They're safe, but for how long? Not for much longer, though they don't know it.

Back on the mainland, Hurley is confronted by the man behind the curtain--- Ben, who (after narrowly avoiding a Hot Pocket) makes his pitch to him trying to tell him that he'll be safe and won't have to lie anymore. Hurley then decides to follow Sayid's advice over that of 'Ana Lucia', and runs right outside and gets himself arrested. But the biggest shock of all comes in the last scene where we see someone using a Foucault pendulum, a giant map, a chalkboard, and a computer that looks rather suspiciously like the one we were forever entering numbers into back in season 2. She comes out and reveals herself to be Ms. Hawking, that creepy old lady, who appears when Desmond traveled back to 1996, and told him he couldn't marry Penelope. She is similarly dismissive to Ben, which is very odd, considering everyone else seems to defer to him, and tells them that they have a 'window' and that it closes in 70 hours, and if he doesn't get them all back, "God help us all." We're still not clear on what Hawking knows and how Ben knows her, but we're going to soon find out that, like everybody else, she's been lying about who she is, and where she's been.

'The Lie' has a far darker strain of comedy than the ones were used to when we have Hurley-centric episodes, but then, the closer we get to the end, the less jolly Hurley has a reason to be. Hurley seems to be ignoring the will of the island, which definitely wants him back. We still don't know what his final role on the show will be, but it's clear that something wants him back, even more than the others on the Oceanic 6. Dark times are afoot.
    My score: 8.8
  • Hugo: Thanks, Ana-Lucia. Anna Lucia: Oh, yeah. Libby says hi.

Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops. Hurley confesses that the Oceanic Six have been lying. The island survivors are attacked by armed men. Ben learns that he only has seventy hours to reunite the Oceanic Six and return them to the island. Another great episode from LOST, wasn't better than the episode before but still very good. I loved the fact that Hurley is seeing dead people again. I also loved the scene where Neil started shouting at everyone and dies, I love that scene it was so good. Another awesome episode from LOSt like I said but it was abit slower than "Because You Left". All in all I can't wait to watch more!
  • waste of an episode

now, i gave a great review for lost episode 1: because you left, because it was a killer opener, a few questions were answered while MORE reinvented themselves into the figment of our imagination.

Only the ending of this episode was progression through the storyline, the rest of it seemed like a sort of trick the producers were using to draw out the series. Maybe they're teasing us, maybe they need each episode to, slowly, reach a certain course for the right LOST mood to kick in...

but seriously, the mood was slow and very delightful, next second... BOOOM, fast paced action..

I hope next week does not disappoint, but this episode was good.. but not awesome. Doesn't go down in history of LOST like constant or theres no place like home.
  • great scott this show is electrifying

The Oceanic 6 has to get back to the island and ben is trying to help but it seems like its going to be a very hard task because Sun wants him dead and Hurley is in jail most likely. LOst continues to be the best show on television because of the amazing writing that has made it what it is. I love that Ben is pretty much a good guy so far this season because hes attempting to get the Oceanic 6 together in order to save the people that are left on the island. Of course there are personal benefits to it such as possibly getting back on Jacobs good side and taking over the island once again. Lost is an amazing show and this season looks to be yet another spectacular one.
  • A great episode centred around Hurley but with plenty happening elsewhere too.

What a great episode! It was based on Hurley's story when he gets back home and how bad he felt about lying to everyone about what happened. When he talks to his mum in the kitchen after she asked him what happened, he gave one of the most powerful speeches I have ever heard him give. It so happens that he neatly summarised the whole of seasons 1-4 in just a few minutes, how good is that? Meanwhile, Ben is up to his old tricks and Sayid is shot with a dart and comes to while Jack is trying to revive him. Also Locke finally manages to meet up with Sawyer and Juliet. I just can't wait until next week.
  • Hurley feels guilty about lying about what happened on the island.

All things considered, I absolutely loved this episode. I thought that everything that happened on the island was extremely exciting. I have to say that I'm absolutely loving Sawyer so far this season. It was also great seeing how lying to everyone is effecting the Oceanic Six. I really enjoyed seeing Kate and Sun together in this episode. I'm really intrigued by what's going on with Charlotte. I was so shocked by the fact that the writers seem to be hinting at the fact that she's pregnant. I can't wait to see what happens with her. I really hope that Charlotte doesn't die because she's such a great character. Hurley was great in this episode. I loved the scene where he tells her the truth about what happened on the island. I absolutely loved the ending of this episode. It was absolutely mind-blowing. In closing, I thought that this was an extremely well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved, and I can't wait to see the next episode of Lost.
  • A wonderful follow-up to the premiere, with a return to Lost's format while maintaining pace. Superb!

This episode had a lot of different reasons to shine:

It was great to see Kate and Sun together in this episode. Kate has been limited in post-island contact to Jack, and Sun hasn't really been in contact with any of the other O6ers. This segment reminded the audience of Jin's death, but confirmed that Sun does not blame Kate.

On island, it was nice to see Rose, Bernard, Frogurt and some redshirts acknowledge that this is NOT what we've come to expect on Lost. Some very shocking and mysterious moments were overshadowed by the violence in the episode. Miles finding the boar and Charlotte's memory problems will probably come more to the forefront in future episodes of the season, as their backstories are further explored. Jeremy Davies (Faraday) and Josh Holloway (Sawyer) both continue to put out solid performances in leading island roles.

Locke and Richard in the jungle were both very interesting, and gave more confirmation as to how this type of time travel works.

The feeling I got from the flaming arrows and the British Dharmites was that we witnessed events in the ongoing battle between Dharma and hostile, first alluded to in season 3's "The Man Behind the Curtain." Interesting to see how this develops.

Also, the ending scene with Ben and Desmond's time-guide Ms. Hawking was shocking and raised a ton of questions, as did Ben's visit to the butcher shop. VERY surprising stuff!

Despite all these wonderful points, the most interesting aspects to the episode came from Hurley. The visit from Ana Lucia was a pleasure, and confirmed all the more that the ghosts are manifestations of the island, trying to get the Oceanic 6 back. Nice to see a traditional flashback, even if momentary, from the perspective of one character. Hurley's dealing with the Lie throughout the episode led to his being backed into a corner by the end. He dealt with the Lie and came to terms with his desire NOT to return to the island. Hurley does not want to go back, and so the police are the only place to turn. Hurley has always jumped to rash decisions, so this seemed to be in-character after everything else Hurley has been through. This should present a major obstacle in the O6 returning to the island; I was beginning to think it would be too easy.

Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz deliver another absolutely funny episode (Frogurt, Expose, and hot pockets), while maintaining the momentum of the premiere and adding a new emotional dimension to Hurley.

Good to see Lost return to a centric-character format. Hurley was obviously the strongest player in the episode, despite the numerous other things going on. Very solid, very shocking, and very great.
  • Amazing!!! Epic!!

It feels like an extension of the pilot because of how it was aired. I can't really separate it, but yes, the focus what on Hurley. This season feels more like a movie than a TV show. It's so well acted and shot.

The creepy elements of Mrs. Hawkins from season three's 'flashes before your eyes' was great, as well as all the stuff on the Island with Richard and Lock. I simply cannot wait for the rest of this season to unfold and so far I think that it has the potential to be the best and most expertly executed season on the show! It just feels epic!
  • Truth and consequences

When a series is structured around a phenomenon like time travel, it's very important to set down how that time travel will work. Are events effectively pre-determined, with free will being an illusion? Or are events fluid, so changes to the past create a "new" reality in the present? Most of the problems emerge when writers try to work their magic in some middle position. It almost never works; shows like "Heroes" suffer from that fast and loose treatment. Time works in a very specific way on "Lost", and that makes things a lot easier for the audience and, from a certain point of view, the writers. In essence, events are fixed. Everything that happens was always going to happen, including traveling through time. There is no such thing as unintentionally changing the past and thus changing the future. Even so, the nature of time does allow a small measure of fluidity; events will happen as they must happen, but the circumstances might shift and change. Desmond seems to be the one with the most "fluid" connection to time, and that might have something to do with his unique experiences in "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant". As such, Desmond must remain an important character, because if he is Daniel's "constant", his unique nature is probably a means to a very specific end. Daniel was definitely trying to head off the effects that Desmond suffered in "The Constant", but it's odd that Charlotte seems to be the only one experiencing the problematic effects. The obvious difference between Charlotte and the rest of the tribe is her origin: she comes from the island herself. That runs counter to expectation; one would expect those born on the island to be safe. This does, however, bring up some interesting questions about Desmond, and whether or not Charlotte's reaction suggests a similarity of origin. Oddly, the editing made it seem as though Desmond only remembered his unusual conversation with Daniel, back during his Swan Station days, after Daniel actually had the conversation. That appears to violate the rules, but it could be the result of the juxtaposition of two events outside of the context of their time. In other words, that suggestion could be deliberately false. On the other hand, it could point to Desmond's unique nature as someone with more "fluidity" in time than most. Overall, it would appear that the tribe ultimately arrives, as anticipated, in the 1980s Dharma Initiative era, right in the middle of their little war with the Hostiles. Being unknown to both sides of the conflict, they are naturally seen as a problem by both. This makes things a lot more difficult and dangerous for them, to say the least, but it also helps to explain why there were so many subtle hints that a third group had been around on the island at some point. Back in the future, the Oceanic Six is not having an easy time of it. Setting aside the focus on Hurley for a moment, Kate's meeting with Sun is definitely going to be a problem. This alerts Sun to the fact that someone is using Aaron to manipulate Kate, and that means Widmore is likely to gain advantage against Ben. That's a problem, because Ben is apparently working on a very short deadline. Never mind that Mrs. Hawking from "Flashes Before Your Eyes" makes another appearance, thus reinforcing the notion that Desmond's part in the story is rather important, but she seems to have a method of tracking the island in space and time when it has become "unstuck". That short timeframe strongly suggests that the race to get to the island and the concurrent battle against Widmore's organization will not take the entire season. The bulk of the Oceanic Six action, however, involved Hurley and his crisis of conscience. This was good to see, because the season premiere and the new format threatened to undermine some of these character-centric elements. Instead, despite all the various plot threads and implications at play, Hurley's psychological anguish is front and center. In fact, this adds to the explanation for his mental breakdown. The writers did a great job of setting up the major complication of Hurley's pending incarceration over the course of the episode. Should Ben have expected more cooperation than that, under the circumstances? Probably not. But combined with the 70 hour deadline, this adds something of a "Prison Break" plot twist to the Oceanic Six segments. There's little doubt that the writers have what it takes to make that work.
  • The second episode of the new season continues on strongly from the first.

So we start off on Penny's boat seeing a scene that was meant to have happened during the "one week later" from the season 4 finale. The conversation would seem to be treading old ground a bit, but actually works as a great set up for the episode with Hurley being against them all lying. So "The Lie" could be argued as being a Hurley episode as most of the screen-time goes to him.

And unsurprisingly Hurley was great throughout. With Sayid in bad shape after the premiere Hurley had to drive him to find help. A very special guest appearance from Anna-Lucia talked a bit of common sense into him about keeping under the radar which thankfully got him out of his dressing gown. Speaking of it was very surprising to see Michelle Rodriguez back on the show (or it would've if it hadn't been announced ages ago), although I would've liked to see more than just a few seconds of her. Either way it was cool and great to visually show Hurley continually seeing dead ex main characters rather than just being told about it.

As with many Hurley episodes there was a good bit of humour which balanced out the heavy drama nicely. His mum's line "why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch" was brilliantly delivered and pretty much encapsulated the episode's theme by being frightening (for the thought of Sayid being dead) and funny at the same time. The other main comedic part was Hurley's long-winded summary of what had happened during the first four seasons which was clearly the writers poking a bit of fun at themselves and so nice to see they can take a joke. The brilliance of it was that despite how ridiculous it sounded when spelt out like that it led into a very emotional moment for Hurley as well as a great reaction to it from his mother.

Elsewhere Jack and Ben were continuing to try to get everyone back to the island with a few pieces seeming to come together, mainly that Sayid is now with Jack. It was also interesting to see that Ben still had contacts who seemed to be working for him (and are presumably also "Others"). So were they off the island when it disappeared and also can't return or what? Only time will tell, but it was a nice little touch regardless. There was also Kate and Sun meeting up where Sun pointed out that Kate did promise to get Jin, although didn't. Sun admits she doesn't blame Kate for his (apparent) death, but methinks she has a slight resentment about it. Also we got to see Jin for the first time this season, albeit in stock footage despite his name still being in the opening titles.

On the island we didn't see any bright lighted time-travel, but they were all still stuck out of their own time. A good job has been made to ensure that the fact they have nothing hasn't just seemed like a retread of the initial first season storyline. This has been due to the fact that they now have even less than they had when they first crashed and of course everything else that's going on. We finally saw Neil "Frogurt" in the previous episode, after having been mentioned a couple of times and being in the "Missing Pieces" webisodes. It was good to have an extra guest star castaway allowing the extras to have a voice in a way. And of course it also allowed for someone to get killed in a very Star Trek manner.

The scene with the flying arrows was pretty awesome, and looked fantastic, but wasn't perfect. It felt a little out of place, which kind of worked. What was weird though was that Frogurt's line "we don't even have fire" just before he got hit was hysterical, however seeing him run around on fire in agony wasn't. If he'd died instantly from the impact it would've worked better. The rest of the scene was very exciting though, especially as the Buffy fan in me kept expecting the castaways to turn to dust when they got hit (the flaming arrows were very reminiscent of the Buffy season 3 finale).

It all then culminated with Sawyer and Juliet encountering yet another group of people on this island. That they were about to slice of Juliet's arm meant that whoever was going to stop them had moral free range to take them out by whatever means. And of course that person was Locke, attacking in a very Other type manner by taking them out from his hidden position in the jungle. All awesome! As an aside just a season ago I would've been worried that the writers would have actually cut off Juliet's arm or had her hit by a flaming arrow, here that never occurred to me which is a strong testament to how strong the show has been for a long time now.

And to finish the episode had another great trick up its sleeve; the reveal of none other than Ms. Hawking helping Ben! Is she an Other, a time agent, Daniel's mother? Who cares it was awesome (Although they did hold off on the reveal of her face for a bit too long). As I was worried she'd never appear on the show again it's awesome to see her again and that we will most likely get a strong answer to the origin of her character. And it was a clever touch to leave the actress' name out of the opening titles as I'm sure that would've jumped out a me and ruined the surprise, so kudos all round!

So yet another strong episode of Lost. Although a bit more about setup than payoff here, that was kind of expected and it worked nicely. I guess time will tell if the flashbacks/forwards are done with for good but on this show at this point anything goes and I don't think I'd have it any other way!
  • Just as good, if not better then Because You Left.

The storyline revolved mostly upon Hurley, and the Oceanic 6. A typical Hurley episode in my opinion, although expanded, easier to tell it, and with a lot more humor then expected. I loved how in this episode you felt a moment of emotion for one character, and then felt humorous about the next. The balance of feelings were well put. The island story time decreased a bit, although expanded suspensefully in my opinion. The relationship between Jack and Ben, Kate and Aaron, Hurley and Sayid expanded tremendously in my opinion. I can't wait to see what the writers are going to think of next.
  • Second Episode of the Fifth Season.

Hurley and Sayid are being tracked down by the cops because Sayid killed some people, but people think it was Hurley because he was caught with the gun. Hurley takes Sayid who got tranquilized to his parents house, then the cops come and surrond the house and then Sayid starts to not breathe so, Hurley tells his father to take him to Jack, he can trust him. Hurley is overcome by the lie they told about it and tells his mother and she believes him. Meanwhile, an unknown number called Kate that they are in town and wants to see her. We later find out that it was Sun who called Kate and they meet at her hotel room. The people on the island are attacked with fire shooting down on them. Ben comes to Hurley's house saying that the cops don't know that Ben is here and to come with him, but Sayid told Hurley to not trust Ben, so Hurley runs out of the house and confesses to the cops even though he didn't do it. And we learn that Locke may not be dead.
  • Weaker than the opening hour but still not shabby...spoilers...

It was nice to see Anna Lucia again and it should be pretty awesome to see how Ben and the others are going to get Hurley out of jail (presuming that is where he is going) in order to return to the island. I would really like to learn more about Miles and his uncanny ability to know where dead things are and how long they have been dead. When I first saw the episode I was thinking OK it would be possible to find a dead boar but how the hell could you know how log it was dead? In the next episode we see Miles walk over a grave of US soldiers and know the cause of death as well as how long they have been there. It would be cool if he was near Nikki's grave and revealed that she was buried alive. I guess I would like to learn a little more about Jill the butcher and how she got involved with Ben. The end again proved for us that Locke is one bad dude...the mysterious woman at the very end has to be Daniels mother. I am only basing that on in the next episode when Charles Widmore says that Daniels mother is a very private woman and is located in Los Angeles.

Tangent:

For some reason I really wanted to know what the name of the beer was that Frank Lapidus grabs out of the fridge...it is Jekyll Island Red Ale. A fictitious beer but it is however a real location in Georgia, USA. Where on the web site (http://www.jekyllisland.com/activities/historicdistrict.asp?tab=0) they claim it is a place where "people have come here to be different, and they still do." Which seems to fit very well...I can imagine that the producers named the beer for that reason or at least it would be cooler if they did!
  • Weaker than the first episode, but still a good episode.

Spoilers.
    The episode focus on Hurley, who is a good and funny character, but still I guess this episode was... well, a few important things actually happened, and we had almost none revelation, I guess. It was kind of disappointing for me, but we had some "Oh My God" moments, like Ana Lucia showing up, or to see Ms. Hawking in the church saying they only have 70 hours to bring the oceanic 6 all back to the island or something bad was going to happen...
    But the best moments keep being on the island. See Juliet almost lose a hand was exciting, see one of the coolest deaths ever (the death of Neil, the douche bag), see the old "thrower of knifes" Locke saving Juliet and Sawyer... these scenes were very cool.
  • With the opener, establishes the threats of the season pretty well.

The first episode this season was unusual in that it didn't have a central character focus. Clearly at this point of the game plot has caught up to character in importance. However, one of Lost's strengths is the diverse characters, and a formula is helpful when making a weekly TV show. Here they tweak the formula to accommodate the difference in time. Unlike previous seasons' centric episodes, the focal character doesn't have a flashback or forward storyline to establish their motivation, with the exception of an establishing one in the prologue. This angle works both for the character focus that makes up many episodes as well as the plot.

The Oceanic Six's lie has been a growing burden for them, but it has affected no one greater than Hurley. Hurley always had a problem with lying about where they were, especially after the island disappeared. Of the castaways, Hurley's moral compass is the most stable. He'll do something bad only to help those he cares about, and lying about the island and going on without those he left behind was too much for him. That guilt reached a critical mass when he got in the high speed chase last season, and here it turns again as he tries to avoid capture by the police.

In his panicked pursuit, he either hallucinates or envisions Ana-Lucia. It was cool to see Ana-Lucia again; I didn't hate her as a lot of people did. It was also appropriate that she pop up in the vision of Hurley being pulled over since she was a cop (not because of the legal trouble that some still insist was why she was killed off). We're going to see a lot of old faces this season with the time jumps, and returning to things and people from the past works well as a narrative closes.

So the only place he can think of to lay low at is at his parents' place. For all the parental issues of most of the cast, it's nice to see one of them have loving and supportive parents. While his dad was absent for more than half of his life and returned largely motivated by Hurley's lotto winnings, he still cares about Hurley a lot and is willing to lie to the cops for him. Mr. Reyes' behavior again brings up the question of why he was such a bad dad in the first place.

Then Hurley's mother arrives and discovers that Sayid, who neither of Hurley's parents recognize despite being a major celebrity connected to their son, is barely breathing and needs medical attention. The Reyes certainly deserved an explanation before they got to this point, and Hurley's mom got one as he recapped the previous four seasons in 30 seconds. Of course condensing all the bizarre occurrences of almost 90 episodes is going to sound unbelievable. It's a wink to fans, who Hurley has always been the voice of. Despite her confusion, Hurley's mom believes him and it's sweet on top of being funny.

With all the dark material off island, Hurley has moments of comic relief that don't distract from the story. From his remark in the first hour that Sayid should eat more comfort food to calm his life down to his choice of T-shirt at the gas station and propping up Sayid Weekend at Bernie's style to the laugh out loud moment of him throwing the snack at Ben, they haven't forgotten that Hurley is the heart and soul of the show and he can't be perpetually suffering.

As expected, Ben's plan to convince Hurley to join them fails. Ben is likely right, but his history will always bring his side into question, something he seems uncharacteristically naïve about, although that may point to him being so convinced that he's right that any skepticism is unfathomable for him. The big contradiction here is that Jack, who crossed into cynicism with his belief that faith was a waste of time, is now Ben's best friend.

On the note of getting the rest of the Six to return, why Ben doesn't just shoot each of them in the neck with a tranquilizer and take them? OK, that's a little tough for someone like Sayid as we've seen, but Ben doesn't have the resources with the Others extended off island network. Is returning to the island the way Ben plans something that they need to be conscious during? This is probably just a plot hole, as taking away their choice takes away from the drama.

As Ben maneuvers some, Sun makes a power play of her own towards Kate. The obvious reason is because Kate's raising Aaron, who is very important. Of course Sun is manipulating Kate by guilt tripping her over not getting Jin as she promised, and then asking about Jack. She talks to Kate in the tone people use when they say the disclaimer "I'm not bitter", but they clearly are.

There's been a lot of discussion over Sun's photo of Ji Yeon. Ji Yeon is around two years old, yet the only picture her mother has is of her as a newborn? If this was her niece she only sees on Christmas I could buy that. Anyone who knows anything about new parents knows they're going to take more pictures than what could fit on the largest SD card. Is Sun that consumed with revenge that she's not a presence in her daughter's life?

Back on the island, there aren't as many recognizable faces left on the beach from the crash. So what better time to bring Neil "Frogurt", who has only been seen in a mobisode, onto the show? He was obnoxious in that, threatening to steal Libby from Hurley, and continues to be here. Of course, that doesn't last long as he is struck by flaming arrows and engulfed in flames. Someone had to die for the threat to be considered real, and so the red shirts finally live up to their role.

The time jumps are being used, among other things, to "course correct" the background survivor cast. Unlike Battlestar Galactica's minor pilots, the writers never developed the background cast beyond Rose & Bernard. They tried with Nikki & Paolo, but it was too late. Since then they haven't done much besides take hits from the mercenaries and the flaming arrow squad, so the death count, while high, isn't as brutal as if major characters were killed.

The survivors scatter, but before they can go too far from the massacre, three men accost Sawyer and Juliet. One of whom prepares to cut off Juliet's hand before Locke intervenes. Of course, "Jones" calling it "their island" is a clear hint that these are Others, who are the only people who claim possession of the island. Without going into future episodes, seeing them initially reminded me of stories about World War II soldiers found in the South Pacific who thought the war was still going on long after 1945, albeit the people here are in better shape.

On top of their dilemmas, Charlotte is showing averse affects from the time travel and Daniel seems to know what it is, namely temporal displacement as her symptoms mirror Desmond's and Minkowski's, except she only has some memory loss. While the result is the same, her time travel is different since she's physically jumping back as opposed to only her consciousness.

The final scene sets the stakes high for the upcoming episodes. Confirming that she is a real person, Ms. Hawking intensely scrawls calculations about the island, determining that there is only a 70 hour window to return the six to the island. While I originally assumed that the whole season would revolve around getting the Six back, the tight deadline implies that it won't be that long. Perhaps this was in anticipation of fans who didn't want to wait a whole season to bring them back.

There was a good amount of criticism about the off island events. With the inevitability that they would return to the Island, it takes something out of the stakes, whereas the on island stuff was deliberately not explored since the flash forwards first came out. I didn't mind it, as the shifting Oceanic Six interested me.

Another complaint about the premiere was its over reliance on not showing certain characters faces at first. Sometimes it works like with Chang or Hawking, but it's unnecessary for Frank. Putting the two episodes together made this more evident. Lost is a show with a lot of mystery, so surprises and teases can be great, but devices like this are best in moderation.

This episode, coupled with "Because You Left", does a good job of setting up the stakes for the season. As the gap between answers and questions closes, the formula had to be altered, but luckily they did so in a way that doesn't totally throw out what we knew and loved about the show in the first place.
  • Expected more for the second episode of a season premiere, but at least, wasn´t a bad episode.

Plot Details/Objective -» Like the past seasons (2,3,4), Lost Producers and the writers create a introductory arc until episode 8 or 9. This is what is happening with this season too. The real history will began to happen in episode 8 or 9, until there is all about making the Oceanic Six back to the Island. Until that happens, we are seeing what happened in the Island with Saw and Co. This time the focus is in Hurley.

What I Like/Disliked -» I think that this episode had to many borings moments, with any type of scene that justify it.

Overall:

Presentation -» (6/10). Nothing spectacular, but it is fair.

Complication Phase -» (7/10)The episode continue with setups, only the Island situation it is interesting.

Climax -» Didn´t Notice.

Cliffhanger/Ending -» (7/10). Nothing too strong, but not bad either.

Time and Scenes Management -» (7/10). You can notice scene that are there to buy time, but was not a bad management.

Dialogues -» (8/10). At least, the dialogues continues to be Lost quality.

Action /Adventure -» (8/10). The little action was interesting, with nice deaths.

Drama/Emotions -» (7/10). If you are a Hurley fan, you will like it.

Suspense/Tension -» (8/10). The island scene provide that.

Mystery/Curiosity/Doubts/Hints -» (7/10). Can maintain you curiosity, but not for very long.

Surprise/Twists -» (7/10). The last scene was not bad, it is a nice surprise.

• Comedy, action, psychological ennui and kooky temporal agents in Sith hoods.

Okay... eh? Just... what the hell? What in the name of Alvor Hanso was that? Well, a church with a big underground pendulum swinging backwards and forwards across a floor and making indents in it, I suppose. With the added bonus of a cloaked Ms Hawking writing some complex looking equations and calculations onto a chalkboard and entering figures into an old school Apple computer. Yeah, that'll be it. I'll say it again... what the hell? For those of you who don't pay attention to every single detail of every single episode, Ms Hawking is a vaguely familiar face: she's the woman from the season three Desmond-centric spazout 'Flashes Before Your Eyes'... you know, the one that told him he couldn't buy the wedding ring from her because he wasn't ordained to do so and then proceeded to accurately relate the minutiae of future events. We haven't seen the batty old 'temporal agent' (as show creators Cuse and Lindelof refer to her) in two whole seasons and now she crops up at the very end of the episode, warning Ben that he only has 70 hours to gather the Oceanic Six (why?!) and get them back to the Island or, and I quote, 'God help us all'. Well... there's something of a pickle, right there. Goodness only knows quite why the timeframe is so short or, indeed, exactly what it is Hawking is doing down in that basement with a bloody Star Wars/Lord of the Rings-esque cloak over her head while she does her maths, but one thing's for sure: it looks damn cool. And the air of off-kilter, sinister mystery that the whole thing is imbued with provides a stark contrast to the somewhat lightweight nature of the remainder of the episode. It's an unequivocally fantastic cliffhanger because it comes out of nowhere and, therefore, completely derails you from your 'comfort zone'. And as an aside, before we go on to pick apart the rest of 'The Lie', I will offer a logical theory, just for kicks: if Ms Hawking is a 'temporal agent' and it is her job to ensure that the 'timeline' of the Island (and those whose destiny is tied up with it) remains on the correct course, then if Locke is correct and the Six should never have left, it would be her duty to assist in getting them back. And given that she seems to have a rather special relationship with time, it would seem that the best way she can achieve that is to map out its minutiae and, perhaps, determine when there is a moment (or, possibly more accurately, an alignment) that will allow for the Six's return without disturbing the Island's fluctuating timeline. The words 'event window determined' flash across the computer screen, which would seem to give weight to this interpretation. Although, there again, I could be barking up completely the wrong pine tree; unpredictability and Lost come hand in hand and really, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Aside from a brief dalliance with temporal physics then (and a rather nifty scene in a butcher's shop in which Ben talks with a woman called Jill about the Oceanic Six, seemingly hinting that she is an Other of some sort and that there's something deeper going on here), 'The Lie' is a far more traditional episode of Lost than 'Because You Left'. Kitsis and Horowitz's episode is effectively a character piece for misunderstood old Hugo Reyes, whose continual, unfortunate position as a (rather large) fish out of water makes for compelling, and often rather amusing, entertainment. Take his haphazard, amateur attempts at covering his tracks and remaining 'off the radar' as an example: he returns home for God's sake, which is the first place any self-respecting law enforcement officer would think to look. And then there's the pulling over when he hears a cop car's siren - which, thankfully, is all in his head and is accompanied by a neat little visit from a very much dead Ana Lucia - and, of course, the completely inconspicuous T-shirt that he buys in the store. Priceless. The script contains a significant amount of wry humour and it's a testament to the calibre of the cast involved that it comes across so successfully. Watch Jorge Garcia showing up at his father's door with Naveen Andrews slumped across his back and tell me you didn't at least raise a smirk. Witness Hurley's mother exclaim "why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?" and I challenge you not to laugh. The episode doesn't let the comedic elements obscure its point, however: as we reach the climax, there are some wonderful, introspective emotive sequences that open the viewer's eyes somewhat as to the extent of Hurley's plight. The scene in which he confesses to his mother that the O6 have been lying for three years is of particular note, as Garcia is unquestionably wonderful throughout. He exudes defeatism: his bodily position, broken delivery and tears successfully convey a man worn down by the need to do something he so vehemently disagrees with. And then there's his confrontation with Ben, which has an entirely different outcome to what the narrative appears to telegraph and is all the better for it. Michael Emerson is predictably amazing in this scene, conniving and manipulating Hugo with his words and demeanour in order to achieve his end.

There is much else to savour in 'The Lie' too; Kate and Sun's scene turns from mild-mannered friendly pleasantries to dark, introspective soul-searching with the click of a finger, which makes the trajectory that the two characters are on all the more disturbing (although it's arguably Ms Quon we should all be worried about). The Islanders get a fair slice of the action as well, although this episode is arguably the counterpoint to 'Because You Left', flipping the balance between the two narrative 'parties' almost completely. The flaming arrow ambush is excellently realised; the horror of the situation is starkly conveyed by the relentless nature of the assault and the constant cutaways to unfortunate souls being pierced, and then set alight, by the oncoming weaponry. The DHARMA (I think) people's abduction of Sawyer and Juliet is nicely sadistic too: for a brief second there, I actually believed we were going to have a handless Elizabeth Mitchell for the next 46 episodes. And then there's poor Charlotte who seems to be being rather affected by their jolts through time. Curious that she is the only one thus far: could this have something to do with the hints in season four that she was born on the Island? This doesn't necessarily run counter to the theory that the reason why Richard and co. are not 'skipping' through time is because they are natives (i.e. they were born there). It has been suggested that she has been separated from the place from a long time; perhaps the bond she once held with it has been severed. I dunno, I'm merely conjecturing... but it's fun to think about, nonetheless. And that's a good way to summarise the episode, really: it's damn fun. Comedy, action, psychological ennui and kooky temporal agents in Sith hoods. Perhaps not as mind-bendingly engaging as 'Because You Left' but another fine, fine episode all the same.
  • Hurley tries to save Sayid, while those that were left behind on the island try to save each other.

The second episode of the season acted nearly as a second part to the first, continuing both the on island and off island stories immediately. With most of the screentime devoted to the Oceanic Six's story, and a specific focus on Hurley, this episode included a lot less twists and turns and a lot more character development. A really solid episode, with an unforgettable island attack and some very tense off island scenes, as the Oceanic Six come to terms with the prospect of going back to the island. Definitely the slower of the two episodes, yet this episode made me realise how much I had missed the show's characters, who we have come to know and love, over the break. Seeing Ana Lucia again was nice, and the long-awaited return of Ms Hawking was as mysterious as I had hoped.
  • the island continues to spurtle ina nd out of time, whilst back home the oceananic 6 continue to realise they should not have left the island

at first i was not sure if i was liking this series but i have now come to the conclusion we are going to get a ton of answers from it, the dharma initiative, the others past, plus others stories can be revealed. we are going to vbe confused along the way but it will be worth to get the answers we have been waiting for,hopefully the writers are going to bring in some characters, jacob, christian to explain their stories as such. i thought the whole hurly getting arrested thing was a bit annoying, a little like prison break in my opinion as they will now have to break him out. I am loving the whole island story though, we will get some good answers from that concept. hopefully we will get a few more flashbacks as that is partly what makes lost great.
  • A great compliment to the first hour which answered more of our questions.

Whilst most reviewers will say that Because You Left is the stronger of these two episodes, I firmly believe that The Lie is a far better episode. First of all this episode focuses more upon one character rather than the entire litter. The story focuses upon Hurley's efforts to save Sayid after he was injured at the safehouse. I loved the scenes between Hurley and his family as it was both frantic and also thrilling to see these characters again. Also Carmen Reyes delivers another killer when she asks why there is a dead Pakistani on her coat. This woman is hilarious. Elsewhere in the episode the beach camp is attacked by some crazy people with flaming arrows which leaves the survivors scattered around the island, lost and afraid. Whilst Neil was an annoying character and on the scale of Nikki and Paulo, it was kind of sick to see him writhe in agony as he was hit with the arrows and one of the most nail biting action scenes Lost has to offer (well except maybe for Sawyer running through the Barracks amid a shower of bullets). For a long time it has seemed that the extras at the beach have held the story along, giving the survivors pointless reason to return to the beach when the fans would rather they just disapeared. And with the island timeskipping it seems that this could finally pan out. About four of the extras were killed during the flaming arrow scene and more will undoubtly be slain when these strange soliders follow them into the jungle. It seems that the stakes are extremely high for the survivors this season and I am slightly concerned for people such as Rose, Bernard and Charlotte. Off the island an old face returned in the form of Ana Lucia. When I heard that Michelle Rodriguez was returning I wasn't over the moon. Her character was hardly the most loveable and we didn't get enough time to invest in her before she was killed. However he appearance was actually quite funny and interesting and definately a highlight of the episode. Lets hope we get to see more dead people as the series progresses (*crosses fingers and chants Mr. Eko*)
    This episode also provided an emotional moment, which would naturally seem sparse in an action packed episode such as this. However the moment were Hurley's mother said that she believed his story was heartwarming as too many people have failed to believe in Hurley all through his life. I had emense respect for both of Hurley's parents in this episode as even though David Reyes is a bit of a tool, he still seems to care for his son enough to tell Jack to stay the hell away from him. However it wasn't enough to save his son in the end. Like most things in Lost I thought that Ben would rope everyone into going back to the island by using more of his mind tricks but for only about the forth time in the series Ben makes a mistake. Instead of recruiting Hurley, Hurley refuses to believe him and hands himself into the police. It was a great moment for Hurley and even if it turns out to be the wrong thing, it was still good to see Ben get his comeuppance. I was slightly freaked in this episode by the scene with Kate and Sun. For a while Sun has ceased to be the passive wife of a Korean hitman and has evolved into something more but it seems that this transformation has turned her into something she may regret. The moment were she told Kate she didn't blame her for Jin's death was oddly chilling, as if she wasn't being entirely truthful, and it was made worse when she asked about Jack. This seemed a bit smug as if she was implying that while she didn't blame Kate, she certainly blamed Jack. And finally i'll wrap up this review by saying that the final scene was the most shocking of the two hour opener. I never thought in a million years that Ms. Hawking would be in cahoots with Ben and the fact that Ben is now on a timelimit just reveals that the Oceanic 6 are going to get back to the island a lot sooner than we have anticipated. Will they take Walt? Frank? Ji Yeon? And will they learn to trust Ben long enough to get back? Only time will tell. On the whole this episode complimented the first hour perfectly and the fact that it focused upon one character instead of all of them helped, as it seemed more like the original Lost formula. Next week is a Desmond episode so we're bound to get more info on Faraday at Oxford and who his mother is. God this season is amazing.
  • Actual Score --> 8.90

This review will likely be shorter then my last review. This episode was a bit of a change from "Because You Left" - settling into a much more chill tone then the opener, which we all knew to expect considering they were written to be two seperate episodes.

The Oceanic Six - Hurley - takes up the main portion of the episode which ultimate is the reason that the episode comes up short in a lot of ways. I like Jorge Garcia as an actor and I think he plays Hurley very well - but the writing in this episode is just not good for him. Let's begin with the opening scene of the episode. It's a flashback to the days when the Oceanic Six were on the boat, coming up with the lie. Hurley tells Sayid that one day he is going to need his help and that he won't give it - classic flashback / flashforward technique. Say something a long time ago and then it makes sense sometime in the future. This one didn't make sense because the entire episode is about Hurley telling Sayid. Maybe that was the point - but I just didn't see the purpose for Hurley to call out just Sayid out of everyone in the group, it made it seem too forced and the writers were trying to make too much of a conneection between something that happened three years ago and something that is going on right now. The Sayid / Ben twist in "The Economist" was done perfectly - Sayid says he will never work for Ben, but we find out he does, and then some episodes later there is a good reason why. In this - Hurley singles out Sayid and blames him and it fails to connect to the rest of the episode. Very poorly done.

Continuing with Hurley - the conversation with Anna-Lucia comes up short as well. Didn't like it. The entire scene could have been okay, but the thing is the writers tried to make the scene "funny" and failed in doing so. Anna-Lucia tries to joke on Hurley for his clothes and the entire thing kind of comes off like Miles' "3.2 million dollar" request back in "Eggtown". The tacked on "Libby says Hi" line at the end of the conversation just made me happy that the scene was finnaly over. In summary --> The first 5 minutes of each episode was done very poorly, which is likely why I was put into this midset for both episodes because I did the best I could to seperate them and judge them as their own episodes. Continuing with Hurley - the scenes with his Dad were all pretty poor. I don't like Martin as an actor and I didn't think he did a very good job in this episode. Sitting down to watch Expose was a nice inside joke, but the minute it took him to make a sandwhich was just like - okay. Hurley's Mom shows up a little bit later. I did like the scene where Hurley gives the summary of lost in about 30 seconds, I should try that out sometime. She doesn't understand it, but I still thought the scene came out really well and it was one of the highlight scenes of the episode. Continuing with Hurley - the scene with Ben was the most humerous scene of the episode. Loved the hot pocket through. The look Emerson provided was beyond amazing. Shocked the writers had Hurley run into the cops outside of his house, I would have thought they would have gone a different route with that. Hurley has always been one for doing what people tell him - so standing up to Ben out of everyone seemed a little - heroic and out of character? Like I said - Hurley took up a big portion of the episode. I didn't like Frogurt's apperance in the epsiode. I like his character but the "We can't even get fire" line followed by a flaming arrow was a roll of the eyes moment. Juliet and Sawyer seperate from the group and run into some island inhabitants, likely thise who started the arrow war with the rest of our survivors. There wasn't a whole lot to talk about island wise in this episode, it was more about the Oceanic Six and Hurley. Oceanic Six breakdown - Jack gets tossed Sayid, but nothing really gets accomplished. Sun invites Kate for a visit - I thought it was cool that we got to see that. I liked the Kate / Aaron elevator scene, another scene that seems to be coming under some scruntiny. Ben had a good part to this episode and had the best scene of the episode. The ending scene with Hawking and the "70 hours" was really well done and I liked that one a lot. Overall - I think the two-hour opening failed on several levels. I think it was the worst 1-2 combination that the show has ever had to start off a season and ever since "Through The Looking Glass" the show has been on a razor to deliver in the final 48. This is not final 48 quality and I hope to see that change in the next episode. Somehow.
  • What is Ben really after?

So, this one was mostly around Hurley who has unconscious Sayid and has to figure out what to do by himself. So, it was great to have a guy who is usually not leading, leading. And the whole way his family got involved.. great story development there.

And Ben Linus... at the start of this episode I was so sure that he is up to good but the things we saw turning the episode - another mystery. You think you figure that guy out but no.

And on the island - those flaming arrows.. those new people.. what is going on with the island.. and the ending with Ben and Hurley.. he giving himself up to police.. that's a trouble hard to get out.
  • The Lie

Well, this was a more traditional episode of Lost, but still pretty damn weird. Ben and Jack collecting the O6 was awesome, and of course, the ending... Mrs. Hawking... Didn't see that one coming.

But let's not jump there. The raid on the camp was THE AWESOMEST thing ever, I almost rated this episode as high as the first one because of that.

Unfortunately some of the Kate/Sun scenes just dragged on and on, which is why I rated this a notch lower than the premiere. However, still amazing, and I cant wait for next week. Lost is back, and its different, but still awesome.
  • Hurley finally blabs, Jack saves Sayid, and Juliet looks pretty good all sweaty and stuff.

I enjoyed this episode better than the premiere precisely because it's more focused. I've always found Hurley's stories cumbersome and silly, but here he truly was hilarious. (the Hot Pocket bit in particular).

Bonus points for seeing Ana Lucia again!

I find Kate's story the most interesting of the Oceanic Six right now. Her lie to the media is the most obvious, and the key to taking the whole 6 down if you ask me. Because of that, and her genuine love for non-son Aaron, I can't wait to see how she handles the people that are after her.

Sayid got the cool fight in ep 1, but here he makes quite a great prop as a strung-out, nearly dying, throw pillow! I also really liked red-shirt Neil (frogert guy) getting nailed with a flaming arrow. How about the wtf moment at the end when we see Ben working with the Desmond's creepy old precog from season 3?
  • Lost is BACK -- more confusing, suprizing and exciting than EVER! :)

Omgggg this was a terrific second episode.
    The end scene was worth it. Woooo....breath taking!
    I knew that women had an important role in the show. I think she's with Jacob or something? Can't wait to know and can't for the next episode.

This was Hurley-Centric but it was good. He cracked me up with that t-shirt -- Hahaa!!! And Ana Lucia, aww I miss her. She lost alot of weight. lol!

Next weeks preview looks even better than tonight's episodes. It is just begining.
    I wanted Jack and Kate to see each other in this whole 2 hours but oh well, we'll see them together next week.

Season Premiere Event Overall grade from me: 10/10

I had a very enjoyable 2 hours. We have our Lost back. Yeahh!!! =))