Lost

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 25, 2009 on ABC

• The curious case of Benjamin Linus

What's with this Benjamin guy and his extraordinary high body count, anyway?
    Now he prevents dumb Locke from suicide, only to kill him with his own hands and stages a suicide afterwards... wow, that's what I call sportsmanship.
    Is this the moment where I supposed to feel shocked or something? Well, actually I felt a little shocked because of the fact, that I spent time on this show again, but hey.. I get it now! I mean, it's so obvious now with all the black somke and polarbears gone and Jack's growing a beard and Hurley never loses a pound, it makes total sense, doesn't it?
  • I think the writers slept through writing class.

Don't get me wrong. I love this show. But this episode was terrible.

Locke's conversations with each character were, with the possible exception of Jack, exceptionally boring and trite. The conversations basically were all Locke saying, "You need to come back," and the other person saying "No thanks," and that was that. Also, why didn't any of the O6 ask what happened to the island, what with it disappearing and all, or how Locke got back? And when did he tell ANY of them that his fake name was Jeremy Bentham? I realize that the writers couldn't show us everything, but they picked entirely the wrong things in this episode. Utter. Disappointment.
  • The last 5 minutes saved this episode from being a 3 to a 5.

BORING!!!!! I hate Locke. Ben saved the episode, for sure! I felt like nothing interesting happened. There was like, two cliff hangers.... I'm used to one before everyone commercial! It was an episode they had to do, but I just hate Locke so it made it very boring for me. Widmore seems interesting.... but Ben's still my favorite character. Killing two people in one episode is priceless :D So my guess is that in last weeks episode, he killed Penny and then Desmond starting beating him up but Ben got away, and then Desmond and Widmore will team up to get back to the island to start this "war"....
  • Great acting, too many "loose ends"

I am catching up in hopes to watch Season 6 on tv so am a little late in reviewing.

As many of the other reviewers have said - this had some great acting but the logic is growing very thin for me (and I'm great at suspending disbelief).

Two bad things:

1) People keep wondering why Ben talks Locke off the ledge only to kill him. Ben kills Locke immediately after Locke reveals the name of Daniel's mother. That's all he was looking for - a way to get back to the island that is now jumping through time.

2) Daniel's mother said something that really baffled me. "Why do you think that no one was able to find you?" implying that they had been jumping through time the whole time they were on the island. That doesn't make much sense. She helped Whitmore get there and both the Dharma and the Others have been traipsing back and forth to the island for decades. So there has to be some other explanation NOT that it's been moving through time. Also, if it were moving through time when they were on the island, wouldn't their stuff appear and disappear as it's doing now? I can only conjecture that it's so hard to get to get back NOW because it's stuttering through time and the proper bearings have been lost.

3) And the whole recreate the scene as best you can. Really? Why? Any real reason for that? Ben wasn't there before nor were all the other passengers. They weren't in 1st class before. I could go on. And then the 6 go to some other point in time while all the rest who weren't the Oceanic 6 go to the present. Huh?
  • Could have been much better which is a shame

Another one of those episodes where you have been waiting for a while to see the answer and when it comes it's a major disappointment (just like Michael and Walt's story in season 4). This really should've been so much better. As has been said before, the chats were just dull. Sayid "no" Kate "no" Hurley "no way dude" (not bad) Jack "no" and storms off. Surely after that bombshell you'd ask a few questions. Not one of them asked a single question. My reaction would have been "Oh my God!! You're off the island. How? What happened to Sawyer?" (Or whoever) etc etc. But they ignored those bits. And the Walt thing, could've been great but a major cop out. Perhaps the actor won't come back. Still, he'd have been a bit more shocked to see a guy he thought was dead? Not a 10 second conversation and then "got to go" A shame but having said that, still enjoyable to an extent and interesting new characters who I look forward to seeing.
  • Nothing happened until the last 5 minutes! It felt like a road trip that we've already been on before.

I'm sorry to say, despite being a die hard fan of the past 6 episodes, which I could have rated each a 10, that this episode was the first below par episode out of the past 10-15 previous ones. So now Locke's alive again on the island and the new plane crash people become the new survivors? Okay, okay. I guess this is going to become clearer later. What I didn't get was the slowness to which Locke was driven around by Abbadon to Sayid, Hurley, Walt (why???), Kate and then Jack. Talk about using previously aired footage for like the 3rd time. I don't know, I just felt this was FILLER to the max. Nothing much happened until Abbadon gets hit. That was about 9:40pm. Then he starts writing the note, and preparing for suicide, after talks with Jack go sour. Then we learn Ben is behind the whole thing with Abbadon. The conflicting story is no help either... seems like it's Widmore against Linus or something. Then Ben kills Locke, I guess b/c he said he would die... a promise kept I guess, but still weird.

Back on the island, it appears thew new flight has birthed new "Losties"?! Why? Why did Locke end up there and not with Jack, Sayid, et al. Why did the captain (Lepidus) leave? ... People said it answered some questions, but really, we just learned that Locke visited 4 of the 6 Oceanic 6 and tried to convince them, something which wasn't as entertaining as it sounds. Why do they kill off Helen? Bah... this episode was just not doing it for me.

I absolutely love the writing in this series. I think it's one of the most original and thought-provoking series ever, but the writing here was not up to par. It was sloppy unfortunately and could have been much better. I was preparing for an amazing episode but I felt like I'd seen it all coming already. I'm probably going to get 50 thumbs down, but I just had to say this was not the "magic" we've seen in previous episodes.
  • Decent episode, but the worst of the year....

I don't see how everyone is rating this episode so high. We learned a few things, but lost is starting to derail. It is starting to become boring to watch and is getting away from what the show is truly about. I have gone from being an avid viewer to just watching it when I have time. Each episode makes me enjoy the show less and less, and I no longer long for Wednesday nights except to watch Lie To Me. I need more from LOST, I need clarification as to where the show is going, and how it is going to get there. As of now, I am not sure if I will make it to through the rest of the season
  • I'm a little confused as to what everyone is clamoring about. Was this episode a good episode? Yes. However, it was not fantastic and defintley not a series classic.

I'm a little confused as to what everyone is clamoring about. Was this episode a good episode? Yes. However, it was not fantastic and definitely not a series classic.

First off, the acting was phenomenal. I'll agree that Terry O'Quinn definitely nailed his part as John Locke. In most of his scenes you are totally invested in his character especially in the later scenes, but I'll get into that later. (Although, I would have like a little bit more emotion at the cemetary, but I think I'm just nitpicking now) While Mr. O'Quinn did a fantastic job, it was Michael Emerson who brought the episode home. While I'm on the subject of Ben, the only real standout scene in the episode was the dramatic scene between Locke and Ben. And the rest of the reviews on this site will reflect this. As the scene begins we see Locke preparing his suicide note; "Jack, I wish you would have believed me. Locke" But as John prepares to take the fall, Ben rushes in to save the day (or so we think). And Emerson (as well as O'Quinn)completely and entirely nails this scene. We are so ready and willing to believe that Ben has saved Locke that we are shocked and appalled when, out of nowhere, Ben violently strangles John with the extension cord Locke was about to hang himself. Aside from this, there weren't many other compelling scenes. Although, the Jack scene was pretty good too (mainly due to Mathew Fox.) Also I quite enjoyed the confusion that Charles Widmore and Ben have created. Just who is the bad guy? Although they had better answer it quick because if the producers keep rubbing our faces in it, it's gonna get old real quick.

A couple of the reviews on this site said that from watching this episode, we now know what Locke said to the oceanic 6. Well, I have a question to that. Who gives a rat's ass? Aside from Jack, the others didn't really matter. We already knew that Locke had talked to them and they had said they weren't going back, what he had said to most of them was irrelevant. It changed nothing! (Again aside from Jack.) I wish I cold have been as captivated as everyone else but the truth is, had it not been for the now infamous Ben-Locke scene, the episode would probably just be average.
  • The story of Locke's death.

It was great to see Lance Reddick return to Lost. In the brief time we got to know him last year we knew he was part of a mysterious team working against the Oceanic Six, and now confirmed for Widmore. While Agent Philip Broyles, as he is known on TV's second most compelling sci-fi drama Fringe, was entertaining, this truly was the John Locke show.

People who read my reviews know that I have been clamoring for some episodes devotely mostly toward one character, and we certainly got that early Lost throwback tonight. Terry O'Quinn put in his best performance of the season, and while I am reluctant to say that he might win a second Emmy for his role of John Locke, I do know that he kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire hour, hoping for that OMG moment.

And we got that jaw-dropping, water cooler moment with Ben killing Locke. Lost is still able to go from a dull discussion and in a trice to an epic conversation or event that makes the last five years of dedicated watching and studying all worth it. For that fact alone I'm giving this episode a high score.

On a much smaller note, Matthew Fox was excellent in the very short scene tonight. He showed a lot more intensity and emotion than he has in a long time. Maybe that Family Guy crack about his heavy breathing got to him.
  • Like the previous episode, this episode was interesting, but had better dialogues and interactions, and had the type of strange mysteries that is usual in Lost. Overall, another superb episode about Locke and his psychological State.

Plot Details/Objective -» Was a clever move making us wait to see what happened in 3 years to Sawyer and Co. This episode is highly focused in John Locke and his mission to bring back the Oceanic Six.

What I Like/Disliked -» This is another episode that surprises me. Because the episode is nothing over the top and fast enough, it is just good interaction and reflections, with some surprises inside.

Overall:

Presentation -» (9/10). If you didn´t saw the trailer, than it is a great surprise and a intriguing one.

Complication Phase -» (9/10). Locke mission was difficult, but what was more interesting was Locke dialogues with every characters.

Climax -» (8/10). The writers already told us that Locke committed suicide, but they save a surprise about how that happened, which was nice.

Cliffhanger/Ending -» (9/10). This is the type of ending that was well delivered because of the Storyline built and the Climax phase. Now things will be interesting.

Time and Scenes Management -» (10/10). There aren´t a single interaction that seems to be forced to buy some time.

Dialogues -» (10/10). Locke talks with everyone he needs. Was nice to know what happened to Ellen. Also the strange guy in the first episode appeared here and have nice talk with Locke too. Even Wildmore, Kate, Jack, Sayid, Walt and Hurley had good interactions with Locke.

Action /Adventure -» (8/10). Wasn´t a episode for this, but had some shooting, accident and a murder.

Drama/Emotions -» (9/10). Wasn´t perfect, but you have good emotions there. Locke psychological state was very interesting, even when he tried the suicide.

Suspense/Tension -» Wasn't a episode for that.

Mystery/Curiosity/Doubts/Hints -» (9/10). Walt dreams, how Locke is alive, what the two new survivors of the AJira flight objective, Why the pilot disappeared etc, the usual structure of Lost series.

Surprise/Twists -» (9(10). Locke is alive, this is enough. But Ben delivered another surprise, even the appearance of that strange guy.

• There's something to be said for the quality of an episode that engenders such unprecedented excitement.

As if one week of exaggerated platitudes wasn't enough, now online forums are awash again with the sound of voices hyperactively screaming from the rooftops. "OMGLOLZ best episode EVA!!!", they tend to bellow, clicking the '10' button on the 'rate this episode' poll and sending the average score to an all-time high: at the time of writing, it sits neatly atop the pile with a remarkable 9.7. Doubtless this will change, and probably decrease, as the hours and days roll on and a more considered semblance of sanity creeps in, but there's certainly something to be said for the quality of an episode that engenders such unprecedented excitement. It's not the greatest hour of the show - in fact, it's not the best this season either - but it's unquestionably something a little special. It doesn't reveal a great deal (although there are a couple of huge explanations) and essentially, the story coasts along at a leisurely pace, not doing much that hasn't already been inferred elsewhere. However, the important factor here is engagement, which is not the exclusive property of unpredictability. It can also be sustained through strong writing, characterisation and acting, all of which 'The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham' has in spades.

This is Terry O'Quinn's chance to shine and boy, does he. From his emotional reconciliations with Kate to the pre and post aborted suicide attempt sequences with Ben, every word, every sentence, every nuance of his performance is nothing other than pitch perfect. More than any other cast member, O'Quinn is the character he is portraying, so much so that I find it hard to believe that I have ever watched him in anything else, let alone engaged with him as a recurring character on Millennium for three years. Just check out his body language when he's talking about Helen: something as simple as a persistent gaze towards the floor or a searching, irritated set of minor gesticulations sells the psychological enormity of his feelings to the viewer. The dialogue is barely even needed; so much is said in his external reaction. Then there's the marvellously executed scene with Jack, in which our central heavyweights duke out the science vs. faith dichotomy one more time, only, on his occasion, Locke actually gets a chance to sucker punch his counterpart with something concrete. The writing is astonishing here, building logically and tragically towards John's ultimate suicide attempt. With each and every encounter the man is pummelled further and further into the ground by those that he so clearly cares about and Jack's vocalisation of the sort of internal doubts and self-loathing that you just know run through Locke's head ("you're just a sad, lonely old man", "you're not special" etc.) is the final straw. However, it is certainly rewarding to see the beginning of Jack's comeuppance and descent further into darkness when Locke reveals that Christian spoke to him. Matthew Fox is brilliant here, subtly demonstrating the conflict that clearly now resides within his character.

And then, of course, there's Ben. Hats off to all involved in this one: it is a strong contender for best scene of the season. In fact, I'll throw my towel into the ring and say yeah, this is the greatest thing I've seen Lost spew at us so far this year. Perhaps the most effective and well written piece of character interplay since Mr. Linus squared off against Mr. Widmore in 'The Shape of Things to Come' last year. Inevitably, when you throw O'Quinn and Emerson together in an emotionally charged situation, sparks are going to fly but just look at how brightly they burn. O'Quinn sells Locke's self-doubt and frustration amazingly well and the juxtaposition of this, the man at the end of his rope (literally) with the man desperately trying to piece everything back together for his own endgame, works wonders. There are so many levels to the scene: first, you have a concerned individual trying to prevent another's death. The viewer sympathises with Locke and clearly wants him to survive, so is rooting for Ben's words to ring true. Second, the paradigmatic dramatic irony established at the culmination of the previous season, and qualified last week, keeps us questioning the outcome: we are certain that Ben won't convince Locke because we know he commits suicide... or do we? Could there be some other way in which he dies? Pretty soon, once he begins to step down from the table, we're questioning whether the bloke was ever dead at all and wasn't just put in a deep coma and bundled into a coffin for show. The awareness of Locke's inevitable passing casts additional aspersions onto the scene and has you searching for answers, mistrusting the course of the narrative that is apparently unfolding before you. And finally, you have Ben's motivation, the viewer's understanding of his duplicitous nature which feeds into the dramatic irony and ensures that you're questioning his intentions as he's speaking, contesting the validity of his words. In effect, the scene co-ordinates something of a brainstorm in the viewer's mind, ensuring that the variously ambiguous features of the narrative are bounced off one another and therefore generate a great deal of thought and, crucially, engagement.

There's certainly pause for thought elsewhere too. The revelation that Widmore is the vessel through which Locke catches up with his old friends is hugely intriguing and both reinforces and strengthens the prominence of the Ben/Charles binary, the question of whose side is 'right', if either, in this mini-characterial war. On this theme, Ben's shocking execution of Locke ensures that the possibility that the previously established 'evilness', if you will, of Alan Dale's character is a misinterpretation is given considerable validity. There seems to be a large amount of debate online regarding Linus' reasons for doing away with the Island's supposed leader and while I will reserve judgement for now and see what Lindelof and Cuse deal out later, my suspicions err on the side of concern about the depth of Widmore's knowledge of Elouise Hawking. As Ben's recruit, he would wish to protect her from Charles as she provides the only way back to the Island. Still, this is merely conjecture and it's rare that I'm ever right about these things... what I will congratulate myself on, however, is knowing exactly what was going on in the opening scene from the get go thanks to recognising Cezar's face from the airport scene in '316'. Nevertheless, this narrative structure is a wonderful way of weaving the story together and, thankfully, prevents the episode from simply being one giant flashback. There's much to ponder in all of this too: the unresolved nature of the boats, Lapidus and 'the woman', the fact that it appears that the flight came down on the other Island (supported by the fact that Locke can see an Island from his vantage point)... you know, the one with the Hydra station on it. I'm of the belief that this new bunch of Losties are in the Island's present, wherever that may be in the world (somewhere near Guam!), while the Oceanic Six are in its past, in a time when the DHARMA Initiative is active, as the boats that appeared in 'The Little Prince' are here and these have already been established as part of the Sawyer/Juliet etc. Losties' experiences in the future. Thus, the scene from 'TLP' will occur soon, in which we see whomever was in the boat that appeared to be shooting at our heroes. Probably.

'The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham' is clearly an important stepping stone in the arc of Lost's fifth season. It solidifies the return of all the key players to the Island (or, at least, somewhere near it) and removes the question mark that was hanging over just what Locke did when he 'became' that other English philosopher. It throws a number of fantastic scenes at us that perfectly illustrate the depth and breadth of the acting and writing quality on the show and offers up more than a few shockers too, from Widmore's involvement with Locke to John's apparent resurrection (I'm going to enjoy seeing this one explained) to, best of all, Ben murdering the guy. And in amongst all of that, there's a flurry of questions regarding the survivors of the Guam plane's crash and their presence in the timeline to ponder as well. Oh, and the return (and summary execution) of creepy Agent Broyles from Fringe and, shock of shocks, Walt. It isn't the best episode ever, no matter what the forums might have you believe: there are a couple of small moments that drag slightly, but it's fantastic all the same. Just like last week. Damn, I need some new material.
  • The last few episodes have been entertaining but not particularly gripping. This episode restores my faith that the writers know their characters and how to write stories for them.

I was gripped by this episode, as others have mentioned the encounters with the Oceanic 6 (except Sun) are basically 'No' from everyone. However, each character in saying No does react differently. Kate looks down on him, Jack is apprehensive, Sayid has reached a place in his life away from Ben and is happy so why would he, and Hurley just acts plain scared. The inclusion of Walt is a nice little touch as well, we may never see him again but if he does show up then that 3 year gap has nicely given him time to grow up, so not as many problems with the actor ageing.

The main culprits all pop up as well, with the re-introduction of Abbadon as employee of Widmore and Chauffeur to Jeremy Bentham a.k.a. John Locke. Widmore in fact is the first person John properly meets when he first comes out of the Exit, which once again is located in Tunisia. These scenes give us the fact that his Alias was chosen by Widmore and that Widmore was tricked out of control of the Island by Ben. At this point I didn't know if I should believe him or not, especially with the whole War is coming thing. I still don't 100% trust the guy but Ben's deception was truly shocking compared to Widmore.

Abbadon gets a bit of fleshing out but not much in this episode at least we are far clearer on who he is now. He wheeled John around in his wheel chair (nice little bit there considering he was crippled before the island and he needs to be wheeled here) and took him to see Locke's dead girlfriend but nothing completely meaty before Ben executed him. Ben is once again the complete and utter villain and it's clear now that him coming off the island had a purpose. He obviously doesn't want to give up leadership and I'm not entirely sure that Jacob even appointed him anymore. In other words he used the name because it got him the power and the respect of the others once he chucked Widmore off the island. Tricking John like he did was strangely unexpected by me, which says something about the character of Ben in all honesty when you think he is being sympathetic he's actually being a complete and utter ruthless b*****d.

Lastly is the New Losties who seem interesting additions for now. Did anyone realise that the Plane crashed perfectly intact almost as well. How did it do this when Oceanic 816 didn't?
  • John Locke back and forth. Some interest/intrigue in this one.

I haven't been a big fan on the John Locke character since day 1, here again he is pushed as the island's key saviour, I don't buy it and he'll end up when all is said and done as the putz who is manipulated by all. Speaking of which, with the winds of war blowing whose side to be on: Linus or Widmore? Both seem like bad news. The timeline of this episode is a little funny, slotted in just before Jack starts going loopy. The new guy Caesar seems like the next Jack, nice safe looking plane crash there on the Lost Alcatraz. All in all better than some other recent episodes.
  • Some Very Good Scenes, Some Very Bad Scenes

This was the episode. If you looked at all of the episode titles (like I did) before the season began your finger landed on this one and this was the one we were all waiting for. A mystery built on since the end of Season Three Finale and then continued in the Season Four Finale. The episode had high expectations and they were not met, at least not for me. The beginning of the episode was very good. We get to meet Ceasar and Illana and we have a little bit of an extended scene before the show transfers into the flashback mode of the episode. My favorite moment of the episode was when Illana was talking to Locke and when asked what he remembered he answered "I remember dying." I do find it weird that Locke was pinpointed as "never seen on the plane." I thought that was a bit of a stretch. I'm positive that if I were on a plane I would never be able to tell you who was on it and who wasn't when I got off. I understood it in "The Other 48 Days" because that was right around the time they were trying to pin the traitor to the group and at least you had people frantically searching for a face on a plane and in order to agree they were like "Yea, I don't remember him being on the plane." It all worked out because he was on the plane - which actually kind of proves the point. This plane crashes and as soon as Locke wakes up he is questioned as to why he wasn't on the plane? I thought it was a really big stretch. Into the flashback itself, it started off with great promise. Widemore being there when Locke woke up was a great scene. I also liked how Widemore knew what Locke was going through, even getting Locke to tell him that it had only been 4 days since he had seen him. Great stuff. Continue with Widemore, more great stuff. Widemore finding out that Locke left the island on his own free will basically gave Widemore the notion that he might be able to return to the island. I wouldn't be surprised if Ceasar and Illana end up being Widemore's people. Matthew shows up, which was good to see. Locke then goes on a rough patch of people. The Hurley scene was not that good, the Sayid scene was very poor, and the Walt scene didn't even make any sense. He didn't even mention that he was Jeremey Bentham so I do wonder how Walt is able to make the connection when a man in Los Angeles dies under that name. Walt telling that he saw Locke in his dreams was the only real thing that saved these three scenes. Skip ahead to Helen. First of all, love that he at least shows that he still cares about her by asking Matthew to hunt her down. A lot of people say that the gravesite was a fake, but personally I think they just needed Locke to see that there was nothing left for him in the real world. I do believe that she is dead and that we won't be seeing her character anymore. Matthew dying - not a big fan of this but with his commitment over at Fringe I guess they only had one real epsiode to use him. I loved the mystery surrounding his character in The Beginning of the End and the visit in Cabin Fever was amazing but I was not a fan of his role in this episode. I wanted him to have a much better, more important overall role in the show. Locke and Jack. Worst scene of the entire episode. Correction, worst written scene of the entire episode. Terry and Fox did a great job acting in the scene, but this scene was so poorly written. Jack stated in s4 "He told me that a lot of bad things happened. He said it was my fault, for leaving."

Where? Where was any of this mentioned? This killed the episode for me and I was taken aback. Go back to your old scripts, look at them, and say what you were supposed to say. In fact, Jack said that Locke told him that Ben was off the island. He didn't even say that. Poor execution for the most hyped episode this season is going to have. I have a very strong feeling that this episode is going to fall on rewatch even more then it has all ready fallen for me.
  • The rise and fall and rise of John Locke

It's now abundantly clear why the producers chose to air "316" before this installment. Arranging the episodes as produced would have been too jarring, particularly in terms of the framing events set after the Ajira crash. It just wouldn't have made much sense. It doesn't erase some of the other problems with the previous episode, but it does confirm that the rearrangement was the right choice.

If the previous episode failed to deliver on the promises of the long build to the return to the island, then this episode is its polar opposite. This episode managed to tell John Locke's story with a keen eye to continuity, yet at the end, there was a delicious and lethal twist, defying expectation. (This is precisely what was missing from "316", where the story seldom deviated from its anticipated course.)

Revelations abound from the first minute of the episode, where it is revealed that the return to the island (including the small satellite island where the Others used to live, apparently) has resurrected John Locke. He doesn't appear to be anyone other than himself, so this could lay to rest the "possession" theory. How John Locke was brought back to life is a matter to be revealed, just as it remains to be seen if he has the same otherworldly abilities as Christian Shepherd and Claire.

The resurrection could also be a function of leadership of the Others. Ben mentioned, in his off-island confrontation with Widmore, that the two of them were unable to kill each other. This could be more than just some arcane rule between them; it could be tied to the island itself. Richard appears to be immortal, after all, and he appeared to be the leader of the Others back in 1954. (Could every leader be asked to perform a sacrifice? And was Ben's sacrifice the Purge?)

At any rate, the opening sheds light on source of the Ajira canoes back in "The Little Prince", and who the mysterious shooters from the other canoe might have been. While the remaining survivors from the Oceanic Tribe are still unstuck in time, and the returning Oceanic Six members appear to have joined them, Locke and Ben are now in 2008 with the Ajira Tribe. This sets up an interesting three-way conflict on the island. Richard is still protecting the remaining Others, who have a questionable relationship with the Oceanic Tribe, who is probably going to be seen as "others" by the new Ajira Tribe. Nothing like a little healthy competition!

Most of the episode focuses on John Locke's time off the island. Locke has always struggled with his sense of destiny, and no matter how often he's told that he's important, his own insecurities and doubts get in the way. It's not enough for him to believe in himself; he needs others to believe in his importance and his belief in the island. This is exemplified by his endless struggle with Jack. As the poster boy for strident denial, Locke wants to convince Jack more than anyone.

But before Locke has his moment with Jack, his resolve is tested and he is found wanting, time and again. It begins with his decision to trust Charles Widmore on his word, despite knowing full well that Widmore's desire to find the island is not a good thing. Locke even brings up the small matter of sending an execution squad to the island. While it's clear that Widmore wanted Ben out of a personal grudge, he wants to take back control of the island even more. Tricking Locke into revealing the way back to the island is just par for the Widmore course.

It's great to have confirmation that Matthew Abaddon has been working for Widmore all along. One can also assume that Widmore's knowledge of Charlotte's research and investigation into Ben's presence off the island led to his decision to monitor the "exit". There's even the hint that the Oceanic crash was engineered by Widmore himself. It may simply be more manipulation designed to prop up Locke's sense of destiny, but it does fit the long-standing theory that the Oceanic crash was intentional.

All of this plot is actually tangential to the true story, which is the slow but steady desolation of John Locke. He begins his mission to bring back the Oceanic Six with passion, and it quickly falls apart around him. Sayid is probably the most gentle with Locke. He tries to explain that he's lost everything he ever cared for because of the island, and he wants to do something good and useful with his life. (The fact that he's also probably hiding from the authorities doesn't hurt.) He offers Locke the same, but Locke is still bothered by the refusal to believe.

The wound is compounded when he looks up Walt, and he lacks the resolve to demand that the young man return to the island, particularly in light of Michael's fate. It's good to see Locke remember Walt, but it makes sense; Locke has seen Walt in here and there in a vision-esque form (perhaps Cerberus or Jacob?). Walt's warning was certainly ominous, and that may have put Locke off whatever game he had.

Hurley, despite seeing things that aren't necessarily there, sees quite clearly that Locke is being manipulated by Widmore and Abaddon. Kate, however, cuts to the heart of the matter by attacking Locke's psychological need to return to the island. Kate exposes part of the equation: Locke has nothing and no one in the world that he loves, and he's transferring all of that need and lack to the island itself. After all, Locke has nothing that brings him fulfillment. From Kate's point of view, for whom fulfillment has often been sought in another person, it's a logical conclusion.

All of which does little more than underscore what Locke is beginning to realize: that everyone he talks to has found something they can't bear to lose off the island. This all culminates in his encounter with Jack. Jack is literally his last chance, and he pulls out all the stops. Ironically, this becomes the turning point for Jack, who has already been on the brink for quite some time. But Locke doesn't see that; he only experiences yet another failure.

More to the point, Jack slams Locke for believing that he's special or destined for something more. That sort of thinking is the antithesis of everything that Jack believes, so much of what he says is transference, based on Jack's weakening resistance. But those earlier rejections have been adding up, and Locke takes everything that Jack says to heart.

If all of this ended with Locke's suicide, it would fit the continuity and would explain Jack's personal reaction to Locke's death. But that's when the episode delivers its most unexpected twist. Ben stops Locke from committing suicide out of a belief that he can convince Locke to do the right thing in opposition to Widmore. His assurances to Locke sound very sincere, though it's clear that he wants to use Locke for his own purposes.

Things change dramatically when Locke mentions that he won't go to Sun because of his promise to Jin. Considering all the warnings that all of the Oceanic Six had to return to the island, it's not hard to understand why Locke's promise was such a non-starter for Ben. The promise was clearly a signal to Ben that Locke could not be allowed to live. The fact that he already knew Eloise Hawking suggests as well that Ben knew someone would have to serve as "proxy" for Christian Shepherd (which makes it even more telling that Christian was the one who told Locke he would need to be a sacrifice, doesn't it?).

Perhaps it was simply a matter of interference. Ben knew that everyone would have to go back, and that Locke wouldn't be willing to make that happen. Thus Ben could use Locke's death to his advantage. Alternatively, he may have taken all the information about Richard saying Locke was supposed to die, along with Locke's promises, and taken action accordingly (in essence, correcting his mistake of stopping Locke in the first place). Ben takes such a clinical approach to being "one of the good guys" that killing Locke is hardly out of the question, especially if he believes it very likely that John will be resurrected.

Now that most of the Oceanic Tribe has returned to the island, the true motives of Ilana and Caesar are open to debate. They appear to be working together, so the logical conclusion is that they were assigned to accompany the Oceanic Six by Widmore. At the same time, they don't trust each other, or Caesar wouldn't have lied about the gun. Since the Ajira Tribe is clearly going to be important in the future, their story has plenty of time to unfold.

But for now, they will need to contend with a John Locke who has returned from the dead, and is very well aware of it. And as such, the man who doubted himself so much during his mission to bring back the Oceanic Six can now feel justified in his sense of destiny. This should be a major turning point for Locke, which will hopefully be reflected in his future dealings with Ben and the rest of the gang.
  • The writers keep tossing us back and forth about what/who we should believe in.

This episode was a good example of what LOST is capable of doing to us.

(SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT)
    I myself purely hated Ben from the moment he appeared on the show. Then we got to know him a little better, we got to see more sides of him, and at that point, my views of him changed entirely. He was the brutal kind of "good guy". The next couple of episodes later he strangles Locke after just hearing a name. And then, suddenly we see that he is actually cared about it. He is a lying bastard, but he is also human. Both of these facts were shown in the same scene.
    Charles Widmore was supposed to be the evil one, and we get to see another side of him as well(or the lying one?).
    Now the question is raised, who should we trust?
    (SPOILERS ENDS HERE)

This isn't the best LOST episode ever. But it's a perfect example of how powerful the show really is.
  • Wow.. I liked it..

This episode was stunning.. like in back in early seasons where I really was looking forward any Locke episode.. that excitement is long gone but the way they find his such a stunning episodes.. brilliant. The title sounded promising but the way the episode carries from the way he starts to be Jeremy Bentham to the death of that person.. and again being Locke.. continuing with that plain crash storyline from previous episode..

I think the most surprising thing was the death of Jeremy Bentham.. he is there, ready to kill himself.. all that music and the expressions.. the thoughts he had.. and then comes Ben, talks him out of it.. to kill him himself. What a turn.. I really was expecting everything else than that.. Anyway, a really good episode.. deep and touching story.. episode needs to have story.. without it there cannot be good episode.. and the way it all comes together.. lovely
  • Terry O'Quinn might get some Emmy consideration for that emotional segment before his attempted suicide.

It was a stellar scene. Now let me be clear- in the "man of science vs. man of faith" debate (my favorite of all the themes on this show) I am strongly in Jack's corner. That's just the way my mind works, and I like to find the scientific or practical explaination for everything. but there's no denying some of the ammunition John has backing him up. Destiny is a funny thing.

In the Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham, we see the work Locke was put to after returning to the real world; the task of bringing everyone back to the island- which proved more difficult than he would imagine. It's interesting that Whidmore, Ben and Locke all want everyone to retun to the island, yet all for different reasons. unfortunately, it seems Locke might only be a pawn in Linus and charle's deadly war. This show is always great about playing who's good and who's bad.

Locke's scenes with each of the 06 (Sun is replaced with Walt here) are interesting and welcome. (Sayid turing "extreme home makeover" on us was a bit funny to me.) We learned the fate of his only love, Hellen, and the annoyingly and unecessaryly cryptic Matthew Abbadon finally bit the dust! I should say that the Jeremy Bentham alias was handled much too lightly, considering how important it was everyone call him that in the S3 finale.

Save for the confusing resurection business with the new plane crash survivors, this was a well-crafted episode. I was thinking to myself the ep could have been even more exciting if we didn't already know how Locke died- this would have given us the chance for a bit of a guessing game (The car crash, Hurley believes it happened when he broke his leg, etc.) But the pay off was john with that noose, in a scene more out of desperation and despair than destiny. (Jack why were you so mean to him?)

But I'm a little confused: Why would Ben go to the trouble of saving John from killing himself, only to kill him himself minutes later, and make it look like John killed himself? I'm sure they will explain that redundancy in a future episode. They better...
  • Raise from the death Mr John Locke you are in the island!

So now the island doesn't only cure Locke it also brings him back from the death, maybe this is some kind of clue to Jack's father appeareances in the island. This was a very interesting episode and very informative above all for example we find out Ben actually killed Locke he didn't commit suicide.That scene I didn't get. Why Ben kills Locke when he alone was going to go along with it and instead leaving possible prints? Maybe it has something to do with Eloise Hawking's mentioning. I liked very much the hospital scene where John and Jack were arguing.I think we saw great acting by two wonderful characters trying to defend their beliefs. It's more than clear why Walt couldn't be in the show anymore , I mean he looks like a 20 yeard old! and the writers did a good job bringing him back three years into the future. So now it all comes back to the island , everyone is there now and I am excited to see what other plots and character development are in this wonderful season , so far it was one of Lost's greatest.
  • This is less of a review, but more of an answer to the questions I read from people that really "didn't get it" (not understanding something, doesn't make it stupid).

I really liked this episode.
    Yes the dialog part with the O6 Locke met were "low action" scenes. That doesn't make them bad.

Some people noticed that he doesn't mention his new name to all the people. Well not mentioning on screen, doesn't mean not mentioning at all. Also goes for the other things that they say are missed. Or the questions NOT asked by O6. Maybe they did ask them. Esp. for Jack, Jack knows the new ID of Locke since Locke was submitted to the hospital with his new papers.

We do learn things, even from the little dialogs he has with the O6 people. Esp. Michael's son, I find his reaction pretty normal. Remember, he went through A LOT plus he is one of the "special" people (so he might already know more than meets the eye). I am not sure if this role is faded out just yet.

As for Lockes old love. She could be dead or not. We cannot be sure. Even if she was alive, people that try to guide Locke to do what he is supposed to, can easily fake a tombstone (they can do more than that - even THEM killing here for real). So no problems in the plot there either.

I am not convinced on which of the two "war fronts" (as seems clear now) is good and which is bad. If you ask me, possibly both are bad and we need to get a good one from our original Lost team (Locke, or even Jack) to be the next to take over and clean all the mess.

I cannot forget what Widmore did when he first met Desmond, or his 17 years old character, or the camera where he hit a guy with his bare hands. Not a "good person" by standard measures (but what is standard in Lost?).

Ben could know that Locke is gonna return from the dead, but on the other hand, he says "I'll miss you" so maybe not.

Maybe everybody is a pawn for the guy in the cabin. ;)

Talking about Ben, I am not sure why people find it strange that he first saved Locke then killed him. It's BEN people! He heard what he wanted to hear (I don't say "expected" or "not expected", that remains to be seen), then put things back on track.

Abbadon dead. Interesting. This doesn't mean it's the last we see of him. I am not saying the (now usual) resurrection but he was much involved in people's "past", let's not forget.

The... bravest thing of all though, was for the writers to keep the NEW flight people (not just the O6 and the two new guys, but the whole flight) in the show. Brave. ONE MORE Losties team, with all the implications this could have. I wonder where Lapidus went. I never expected he would crash the plane, it was clear from what he did with the helicopter too ("what? crash it? I didn't say I crashed it"). After all the plane was just struck by the inter-dimensional movement, not by electromagnetic forces that Desmond crashed the original 815.

The two new guys (what's the name of the male? Ceasar?), I am not sure if they are ok. Certainly look like Widmore personnel. We'll see.

People saying "nothing happened" or "filler"... erm... did you really see the episode?
  • Awesome

Wow. Lost just keeps getting better and better. We learn a great deal about John Locke and his alias of jeremy bentham. Not only do we explore old characters and their backstories, but two new characters, the mysterious caesar and ilana? I love it when lost introduces new characters because its always for a good reason and ever character is interesting anfd brings something new to the story. The only bad thing im gunna day about thsi episdoe, is the parst when john goes to visit the oceanic 6. I thought they were just a little dragged out, but overall it was amazing. Terry O'quinn desrves an emmy :)
  • The best episode so far, and a sad end... or is it?

This was the episode that a lot of Lost fans were waiting for since the Season 4 finale (probably earlier) and unlike a lot of the other episodes that promised solution, this one, for a change, delivered. And did so in grand style. How did Locke end up off the island? When did he visit the Oceanic 6 (plus Walt)? Why was he using the name Jeremy Bentham? How did that obituary that everybody in the Season 3 finale freeze framed their VCR's for, end up in the paper, thus guaranteeing the return trip to the island? We get a lot of answers, but as always we get a different set of question.

When Locke moved the donkey wheel, he ended up in the exact same place Ben did when he moved the island--- the deserts of Tunisia. Only this time, there were cameras watching that spot. We know who put them there, because the same men who confronted Ben in 'The Shape of Things to Come' arrive and take him... to safety. Locke then comes face to face with the man he's been told is the islands sworn enemy --- Charles Widmore.

Widmore seems more friendly than he ever has to anyone. This has to do with the fact that the man he saw walk into his camp in 1954 is now here (in 2007, like Ben, Locke has traveled through time) without having aged a day. The picture he paints is a much different one than the one we got from Ben --- Ben exiled him from the island after three decades (though again, we never find out how or why) and he has spent the last twenty years or so searching for it. He knows that the Oceanic 6 have been lying, and has been keeping watch on them. Understandably, this is something of a hard sell, and Locke doesn't know why Widmore has decided to help him. He claims that a war is coming, and unless he's back on the island when it happens, the wrong side is going to win. (Widmore is right, but because of his meddling, the wrong side triumphs anyway)

Locke is given money and the false name Jeremy Bentham. (Widmore than delivers one of the episodes few laughs when he explains the name: "Your parents had a sense of humor when they named you, so why can't I?) The man who is going to guide him through this journey is none other than Matthew Abaddon, and Locke just manages to hide his recognition. Perhaps he is more distracted by the fact that Abaddon brings out a wheelchair for him to travel in. Yes, Locke has a broken leg, but he could've hobbled about on crutches. This seems deliberate, as if Abaddon wants Locke to fail at his journey.

One by one, we follow Locke as he travels the world making his visits. When he finds Sayid in Santo Domingo, doing humanitarian work, he treats Locke with barely veiled contempt. He seems to have gained some kind of equilibrium, but one wonders just how polite he would've been had he known who was financing Locke's trip. Locke then goes to New York to visit Walt. I'm still not sure why he went there (maybe he thought of using him to substitute for one of the Oceanic 6) but Walt was the only one who wasn't surprised to see him, and actually seems glad that he's here. He tells him he had a dream, and on it Locke was back on the island, in a suit, and people wanted to hurt him. Now we all know Walt is special, and maybe he had a bit of foresight here, but Locke, who wanted for Walt to embrace it on the island, shrugs it off, and can't bring himself to bring this young man back into the madness that is sure to ensue.

Locke than travels to California, where he visits Hurley at Santa Rosa. AT first Hurley just thinks he dead, but even when he sees that Locke is alive he's indifferent, and he goes positively haywire when he sees that Abaddon is guided him. Even when tells Locke that Abaddon is not to be trusted, Locke ignores it, and Hurley just walks away, convinced he's evil. Abaddon then admits that he was disguised as an orderly when he saw him at the hospital right after Locke was paralyzed. He claims that his role is to get people where they need to be. That may have been why he assembled the team on the freighter, but they sure as hell weren't there to help anybody other than Widmore. We trust this guy even less.

When he visits Kate, the contempt is no longer being veiled--- she's openly hostile, and has no interest in saving anybody. She then asks Locke if he's ever been in love. When he tells her the truth--- he was, but his obsession cost him everything--- she's even more aggressive, telling him he hasn't changed at all. Locke has been mulling this over for awhile asks if they can find Helen. Abaddon does --- she's been dead for the past two years. (Locke apparently doesn't realize that if he'd been rescued, he would probably have been reunited with Helen, just as Sayid was reunited with Nadia. They would've had time together, and maybe that would've been enough to keep him away.) While leaving the cemetery, Abaddon is assassinated, and his terror trying to get away, he's involved in a collision.

He's ends up in Jack's hospital, but when Locke tries to cease upon this as fate, Jack calls it nothing more than probability. Jack got a slight growth of beard, and is slurring his words, but apparently he's still able to hold it together to chew out the man who opposed him every step of the way on the island. When Locke tells him that Christian says hello (unwittingly putting into action the events that will lead him back to the island) this a major blow to Jack, but he manages to keep his poker face (barely) until he's out of the room.

Having failed in every respect, Locke goes to a rotten hotel room, buys a length of extension cord, writes his suicide note, and prepares to hang himself. But just as he's about to jump off the desk, who should pop up but Ben? (Okay, we did see him in New York, so it's not a total surprise.) He then pleads with Locke not to do this, that Jack has bought his ticket to Sydney, and that somehow he reached him, and he can do it with the others as well. The scene is extraordinary as Locke finally allows himself to be talked down from killing himself. Then he tells Ben that Jin is still alive, and that the woman he needs to see to get back to the island is Eloise Hawking. The instant he hears this, Ben grabs that same extension cord, and uses it to strangle Locke (not unlike how Sawyer killed Anthony Cooper) He then takes Jin's ring, leaves Locke's body to look like a suicide, wipes the room clean of fingerprints,, and leaves Locke behind, with the words: "I'll miss you, John."

Why did Ben kill Locke is a question we're never going to get a real answer to. Did Ben think that it would be easier to get the Oceanic 6 back knowing Locke was dead? (Perhaps he was the one who wrote the obituary) Did he do it because he got the information he needed, and then Locke was expendable? Or did he really do it because he thought Locke was the Chosen One, and that when they brought his body back to the island, what appears to have happened would happen? For on the island, it seems that John Locke has come back from the dead.

A more pertinent question is what has happened on the island. For it appears that the plane somehow manage to crash on Hydra Island. (Was that really its name? Oh well, it seems to be canon now, so let's go with it. The passengers appear to have survived and seem a lot more organized than they did when Oceanic crashed. Two of them, Caesar and Ilana (the woman escorted Sayid on board) seem to be a lot more certain of themselves than people who have just been involved in... what? Because it seems that Ajira didn't crash. There was turbulence, a flash of light, some of the people on the plane disappeared (we now know they time traveled) and somehow the plane landed. This seems even more extraordinary than the circumstances that brought Oceanic 815 to the island. And the fact that Locke seems to be alive and well that seems to be the least shocking thing about it.

Locke says that he remembers dying, who the Dharma Initiative was, and that he spent a hundred days on the island. This is probably as good a time to start lying, and yet, contrary to the Oceanic 6, he's apparently more honest than ever. Which makes us wonder what kind of fireworks are going to erupt when Ben regains consciousness.

All the episodes about Locke are among the most fascinating Lost did, yet this episode is a little more special than others. For one thing, this is the last time that we will see the confused, worried, beaten-down man John Locke we've come to know and (doggone it) love. Terry O'Quinn has always given some of the most extraordinary work on this show (and he will again, but with a different subtext from now) but this performance shows him at the top of his game, particularly in the last long scene at the hotel, before and after Ben reenters. He always felt like a failure, and this episode shows that he had literally reached the end of his rope before he showed up. The expressiveness of his face is that of arguably the most versatile actor in a brilliant cast.

'The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham' does seem to live up to the title, even if it makes that whole period in the finale of referring to him as Bentham seem, you know, like bad writing. We want to know what happened and we want to see what comes next, but we're not going to get answer for awhile. Lost is about to begin another part of the journey--- this time thirty years in the past.
    My score:10
  • Quite possibly the best episode of LOST to date.

The life and death of Jeremy Bentham is as good as the all time best episodes of lost such as The Constant, Through the Looking Glass and The Shape of Things to Come. The episode explains exactly how Locke got the Oceanic 6 to believe him and want to come back to the island as well as explaining how he died. This episode is special for very many reasons such as Terry O'Quinn does a fine job of getting the viewer sad and feel badly for him. I could not believe that Ben was the one that killed Locke. Lost continues to get better and better through this season and i cannot wait til next weeks episode!
  • This was Amazing. I loved it. Ben's a lying bastard.

I enjoyed every second of this episode. If you notice it took place during the season 3 with the flash backs. i hated when the middle eastern man got shot, he seem pretty tight. Ben is annoying though. I seriously want to know know what exactly he wants. His helpful but why? Why does he do bad things? But over all it was very enjoyable. And the next weeks episode looks amazing. As you notice the main characters are all back together. I wonder what happened to the plane crash or the flash when Oceanic 6 disappeared. So much running in my mind. I want to also know more about Christian, Jacks dad. now we know why Jack was obsessed with going back to the Island back in the end of season 3 when he said We have to go back.
  • OMG! What the heck did i just watch? Well, I watched quite possibly the BEST breath taking episode ever!!!

Seriously I was gasping the entire episode. The real breathtaking scene was Ben killing Locke. Ow my god, I didn't dream that scene right? Theres no sleeping for me til the next episode. Ben murdering Locke will not get out of my head. :D

I'm begining to think Widmore really is the good guy. Wow, actually he is the good guy. He's just after Ben and tries to bring him down, which he deserves. :P

This was the only and most anticipated episode of the year and it was well worth the wait. The only thing I found very useless was Walt's scene. What was that for? I thought he would have a bigger role this season but I guess I was wrong. Oh well, whatever I didn't mind it -- he got SO BIG. Can't wait for the reunion next week. Sawyer looks like he saw a ghost in the previews. It's gonna ROCK!!!
  • Locke's journey off the Island, with mysterious characters coming along to get even more mysterious.

This might just be the most confusing episode of Lost this season, but when it comes to Lost, confusing isn't bad. It's actually very thrilling. And thrilling, 'The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham' was indeed. After seeing this, it becomes hard to tell who is the good guys and who is the bad guy. And I feel it will be a long time before we know. In the review I made for '316', I said that each time I say to myself that they can't do more than this, and finally they do. Well, they did it again. Not only was it impressively good, we actually learn a lot. Such as how Locke died, what did he do off the Island, what does Widmore want with the Island (not literally, but at least partly), who is Abbadon (again, partly), what happened to anyone from the plane other than the 3 in '316', and I could go on. But my point is, there is no reason to keep saying now that nothing gets explained. A lot IS explained, the only this is that there are so much mystery in the show that what we do learn is only a portion of what we want to know. But it wouldn't be right to be told everything so early on. This show is about a group of people who get thrown in a situation where they don't know what's going on. And it revolves about those people. So why would we know more than they do? That way, we go on an epic journey in places we never dreamed of, and that's what fiction is about to me. I say let the producers make the show the way they already do. As this latest episode proved, it's perfect this way.
  • Very good episode

This episode was awesome - maybe there wasn't that much action but it was very important for us to know all that thing. It was a huge plot development (as I was wondering - why Lock left the Island just few days after Oceanic Six but they returned after three years). I love Lock, he's the only one that knows what is going on - but he had this crysis. Fortunately his death meant something :) But this Ben guy - what was his problem? Why did he kill Ben after he heard Eloise's name... Well this is what Lost is all about - mysteries :D
  • The Best Episode Yet?

The Best Episode Yet? Anyone noticed how fast-paced this season is going? So many reveals, so many backstory...

after "this place is death" I thought it was the best.... then after "306" I thought iit was the best again.... after this one I am still amazed how amazing, intriguing and PERFECT that episode was.... dont understand how anyone can give this less than nine. BEST EPISODE YET!

that was perfect

LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST
  • FINALLY

This is what I have been waiting for all season. I was starting to get a little nervous because I hadn't gotten the same old "LOST feelings" (of course except for Jin's amazing return but I knew he wasn't really dead) but this brought them all back. Finally things are starting to fall into place. With all the different background stories and the retracing of the footsteps that have been going on - I was almost beginning to think the writers underestimate us LOST fans. Now don't get me wrong I love a good surprise here and there but when the surprises start getting predictable and stop making any form of sense that's when I think its time get your crap together and tonight they clearly did. With the tie-ins of Helen and Walt and C.W. behind the scenes this whole time, the reason Locke took his life altering walk-about... frigen awesome. Call me nostalgic but I love the connections and reunions with old characters. Can't wait for next weeks, and the question on my mind and everyone elses' mind I'm sure is "Who really is the bad guy!!?"
  • WOWWWWW i might not write much cuz i'm still speechless!

Lost does not in any way cease to amaze me, WOWWWWW, it just gets better and better like fine wine. Ben u sneaky doggg, widmore maybe the antagonist after all!!, abadonn's gone just like that!!, HOWW is Caesar (i like him already) seeing Locke if he's dead?!?!!, there just wayy too many questions lingering in my mind, i cannot wait another second to see next weeks episode, i'm still shaken up from this one.Ohh how i'm going to enjoy watching the whole season uninterupted when it comes on dvd later on in the year, And i'm definately going to lose sleep having to wait till next week!!
< 1 2