Lost

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 25, 2009 on ABC

• Locke's journey off the Island, with mysterious characters coming along to get even more mysterious.

This might just be the most confusing episode of Lost this season, but when it comes to Lost, confusing isn't bad. It's actually very thrilling. And thrilling, 'The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham' was indeed. After seeing this, it becomes hard to tell who is the good guys and who is the bad guy. And I feel it will be a long time before we know. In the review I made for '316', I said that each time I say to myself that they can't do more than this, and finally they do. Well, they did it again. Not only was it impressively good, we actually learn a lot. Such as how Locke died, what did he do off the Island, what does Widmore want with the Island (not literally, but at least partly), who is Abbadon (again, partly), what happened to anyone from the plane other than the 3 in '316', and I could go on. But my point is, there is no reason to keep saying now that nothing gets explained. A lot IS explained, the only this is that there are so much mystery in the show that what we do learn is only a portion of what we want to know. But it wouldn't be right to be told everything so early on. This show is about a group of people who get thrown in a situation where they don't know what's going on. And it revolves about those people. So why would we know more than they do? That way, we go on an epic journey in places we never dreamed of, and that's what fiction is about to me. I say let the producers make the show the way they already do. As this latest episode proved, it's perfect this way.