Lost

The Moth

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2004 on ABC

• Lame Salvation

The seventh episode is all about (not) being rescued. Charlie rescues Jack from a collapsing cave and later on heroically rescues himself from drugs. Kate rescues herself from losing her beloved doc, but fails to rescue the audience from her annoying presence. Meanwhile, no one is to be found to rescue Sayid from being hit in the head with a bat. By a stranger. Just on time when he seemed able to detect the origin of the French transmission. Oh, well. -

OK now, this has to be one of my least favourite episodes of Lost of all time. In fact, Season 3's "Stranger in a Strange Land" is the only one that outmatches this one in dreadfulness. It is a pity actually that this one is so bad because Charlie is a really likable character (at least in Season 1). His flashbacks aren't awful, but kinda unintresting. But the really annoyning stuff happens on the Island. Jack is trapped into a cave and everyone hatsen to rescue him, like he's the President or something. Meanwhile, Charlie's silly storyline involving drugs and salvation continiues, with his final "heroic" act of throwing his heroin stash into the fire consisting a MASSIVE clichi. But more irritating than Jack and Charlie together, is Kate, whose extreme eagerness to save her beloved doc from the brick of death is not only unjustified, hysterical and pointless but also extremely annoyning as well. Plain bad writing. On the bright side, Sayid gets knocked out. Don't get me wrong, I really like Sayid, but I liked that scene because it was the only truly exciting thing that happened in this episode.