Lost

The Other 48 Days

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 16, 2005 on ABC

• The shocking story of the 'Tailes"(the people of the flight 815 plane in the tail section)

We get to see the crash from another point of view, a poit of view from people who already wern't like their plane trip and we all know who those kinds of people are because we are sometimes those people, I'm talking of course about the people who sit at the tail secon of the plane, the worst setting area ever!

Now their section of the plane doesn't landon the beach or in taked, it lands in the water close to shore but its deep enpught to sink it. Our Tailes friends must swim up from their sinking broken plane fragment and then swim afew long yards to reach the beach. It is not surprising that most of the surviors end up drowning before they can reach the beach, due to the lack of engery that they used up trying to get out of their fasen seat belt seats, swim upwards to escape reaching the bottom the the sea all of this while getting over the shock of being ripped apart from the rest of the plane and falling i don't know how feet while also dealing with jetlag and effects from turbulance.

the surviors don't know what to do. half of them want to explore the jungle and look for food and suplies but that might take awhile es speaically since their are so few of them. The other half think it wise to light a signal fire and have someone standing at it at all time. The debate is setteled when a flightattended (the only surviving flight attended) informs them that the pilot lost contact so he doibled back over Fiji to get their headings right, so that means that rescue will be looking for them in the wrong location, all the more reason for a signal fire.

As the day goes by the Others constintly attack them and kidnap almost half of them, forceing them to venture into the jungle abanding the singnal fire (their only means of rescue) and into a DARMHA outpost station which we saw as their camp a few episodes back.
    Ana Lucia and Mr. Echo show the most charecter develompent as the leaders of the tail surivors, while struggling with personal issues and past mistakes (like the other main charecters of Lost). Mr. Echo who is priest, which shocked me because i have never known a man ofGod to have the streghth tobeat up anyone on earth (If he was thepriest at my church I listen to his surmans and remeber them word for word like my life depended on it). Mr. Echo says a prayer to puthis fellow passangers who didn't make it to rest, then when the Others show up he kills one without breacking a sweet although he is clearly schock up about it and takes an oath of silence for the rest of the 48 days. I'm really interested in his back story.
    Ana Lucia, blames her self for everything and try's to make it right by helping everyone survie. She did a great job tricking the Other who suck into their camp and prtended to be one of them (Like Ethan Rom) I was so glad she killed him es speially when he was giving her that bull that those who were taken were the good onesand the rest of them were animal who kill mindlesssly (oh really, well mr hippocrit what do you call killing that Tailes guy just to cover your own tracks!).

The last scenes are them finding Sawyer, Michael and Jin and makeing the treck to their camp and ending with the scen were Shannon is accidently shot.

Now I was starting to like Shannon I don't like how the writters killed her off. but i do not blame the Tailes. I mean given that the Others like to move really fast in the dark jungle without making a sound, and given that they are capabe ofkidnaping someone or killing them in a blink of the eye, and given what happened in the last episode where their was definatly something following them and also given the fact that the Others are humans and when Ana Lucia saw Shannon (who shes never meet) appear out of no where, she assumed she was anOther and shoot her. Wouldn't you do the same in her position and if you've been throu what shes been thru these past 48 days, i would.

This was a great episodes one of Lost best, and one where Flashbacks are acually needed.
    One thing i need to point out which has really been eatting at me. The front secionof the plane(First Class) crashes in the jungle completly in taked but everyone inside is dead. the middle section of the plane (middle class) crashes on the beach nearly destroyed with some surviors. the tail section of the plane (Lower class) crashes in the ocean and sinks and only a few survie. Now both survior camps deal with harsh survialissues, the Tail people really got the shart end of the stick here! The other surviors had airplane food to began withafter the crash, they also found a water hole convently close to camp, They also have a hunter who has the skill to hunt the wild boarin jungle plus he's got his own suitcase full of knives!And resectly they also found a DARMH station just like the Taile people did, only differece here is that theres is an underground hatch filled with all the food they need for mouths and their own water supple plus medical equitment!(and a button you have to press every 108 min or world dies or something)
    Not to metion their their Other imposter (Ethan Rom)didn't do anything to them except kidnap the pregnate girl, Claire, only to lose to the psyco french women, Daneil, then he threted them to give Claire back to him and kills one random red shirt to make his point, all which ment nothing because the survior's camp had five loaded guns and they corrnered him into a trap. (of which he is killed)
    Now Ikinda get thatthe reason Ethan and his people didn't attack them eariler was because their were too many of them in the camp, but still I just had metion this because it has really been bugging me that the Tail people went thru a much worse hell then our surviors (and i like those surviors) and no one in first class survied. Are writers trying to tell us that its ok being middle class, or that you should never book a flight seat in first class or Middle class?

Just thought i point that out. great episode.