Lost

The Other Woman

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 06, 2008 on ABC

• A Juliet-centric episode.

Let me just start by saying that all things considered, I absolutely loved this episode. The main reason that I loved this episode so much is because Juliet is one of my most favorite characters on the show. I really enjoyed the flash backs of Juliet's time on the island as an Other. I was really shocked by the fact that she had an affair with her therapist's husband. Another reason that I loved this episode so much was the fact that Daniel and Charlotte were once again heavily involved in one of the main story lines of the episode like they were in the last episode. All in all, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode from everyone involved in the making of it, and I can't wait to watch the rest of season four.
  • great episode

a julietish episode. one of the others is shown in a juliet flashback, it turns out that goodwin is having a relationship with her. there's a love triangle between the two of them and ben. it's a really interesting episode, we get to see what happened in the past. Locke tries to get more information out of Ben, this time Ben offers him a deal that will make Locke release him from imprisonment. The writers came up with a really cool episode, this is what drama must be like. I love the intrigue, the way the scenes were shot, the actors were great.
  • Juliet and her past on the island

In this episode called "The other woman" we learn information about Juliet's life on the island. Juliet and Goodwin had a relationship, and Goodwin's wife who was Juliet's psychologist figured out what was going on. She threatens Juliet but their secret relationship does not end. Another information we learn in this episode is that Ben had a crash on Juliet and that back when oceanic815 crash-landed he sent Goodwin to the tailies on purpose. He wanted him to get killed in order for him to be with Juliet,because as he said to Juliet ,she was his! A very emotional moment of the episode, is when Ben takes Juliet to see her dead lover. Anna-Loucia had killed him.
    Back on the island, Charlotte and Dan disappeared into the jungle going to the tempest,the station which gives electricity to the island. Juliet and Jack go after them to stop them from realising gases which would kill everyone on the island. On the way to the tempest, Charlotte and Dan encounter Kate who was returning from the barracks. Kate figures out that something goes wrong and when she asks to see their bag, Charlotte knocks her unconscious. Afterwards, Juliet and Jack find Kate, but Juliet gets away from them and goes to the tempest by her self. There, she encounters Miles trying to do something on the computer while wearing a mask. Charlotte appears and they have a fight with Juliet. At the end, Dan manages to finish what he was doing,and fortunately he and Charlotte did not have a bad purpose,they were just trying to help.
    Back at the barracks, Ben comes to an agreement with Locke to release him when he shows to him a tape with Charles Widmore killing one of Ben's associates. In addition, Ben reveals to Locke who his spy is on the freighter.
    Wonderful episode,informative with one of my favourite characters being the centric one.
  • This episode was really cool and also shed a little bit more into the life of the others and especially Juliette. (Contains spoilers)

This was another really cool episode. They showed more of how the others fit into the story with Goodwin, which I believe was killed by Anna Lucia, I was trying to think when they were talking about it. They mentioned the kids who were captured from thee tail section of the plane. We have more of who should we believe, that Charlotte loves to pistol whip people instead of finding out what's going on first, that makes me question her. I so called when Kate bent over that she was going to get hit in the head, I saw that coming. The way Juliette gave her a look in one scene and from the flash backs and everything makes me wonder if she isn't questionable. The chick fight wasn't as hot as it was with her and Anna Lucia in season two. I again wonder about Locke, why the hell would he let Ben be free it was only a month or so in their time frame they did that and they saw what happened. Those documents aren't even all accurate Ben even said so.

Now that Daniel Faraday and Charlotte fixed the computer does that mean there isn't any way of Ben using those chemicals to gas anyone like he did before? Is Ben just playing everyone once again?

We will find out next week who the last member of "the Oceanic 6" is. They are sure using those loopholes with people like Ben and people that weren't on the flight so they weren't part of the 6 yet still made it off of the island. I thought Juliette was another one until we saw it was a flashback to when she got on the island. That was also the first flashback it seemed like in awhile they have been doing alot of flash fowards obviously of the people who will get off of the island. Once they announce that 6th person, we will know who won't make it, we just have to wait to find out when they die and how they die.
  • Exellent episode !

This episode had some awesome parts that made me so
    crazy. The part was between Locke and Ben....

I was chocked when i heard that pennys father is
    looking for the Island so despertly. I realy wonder
    why he want the island so much? I never expected
    HIM of all people to be involved, maybe thats how
    penny knows a bit about the island when she said that
    to Desmond, a small connection that penny maybe
    found some files at her fathers office or something
    about the island. I wonder how he will act when he
    finds out that Desmond had found the Island before him.
    That would make pennys father feel he is not the first
    one to get there and sail around the world as he said.

So anyway, the biggest question is... who recorded
    that tape "Red Sox" ? Ben? or someone from his people?
    And what did realy happened when he said to Lock that he
    should sit down when he asked about "the man on his boat".

man i realy cant wait to see the continue of that part.
    Ben just walked out of the house like everything
    was fine and Locke accepted Ben telling the truth of something or what ever.
  • A dangerous mission to a new Dharma-Station, some interesting background story and a lot of character development. All in an old school episode of LOST.

Wow! How can so many people call this a filler-episode? "the other woman" is LOST how it used to be at the begining. Brilliant writing, tension everywhere and some of the best actiong in television. And it that wasn't enough, we get many definite answers. The Juliet story starts out slow but becomes thrilling when focuses more on Ben and we learn more about the intensions of both of them. On the way to a Dharma-station called "the tempist" we alo get a good idea of what Charlotte and Daniel are up to. But the highlights are the scenes with Ben and Locke. Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn are amazing actors and their characters are the most interesting ones on the island. They make a deal, which brings us the FINAL answer to a question we've been asking for a while.

But as I already wrote in a review a few weeks ago: It's not about the answers, but about storytelling and thrilling television. And that's exactly what we get here.
    In my eyes the best episode in the forth season yet!
  • OK I made a mistake in my last review - this episode was way better than the Constant.

OK now many will think that I'm crazy and Jack-Kate fans will be angry with me, but I'm Jack-Juliet fan so... The ending was perfect. One of the reasons that I watch LOST is the relationship between Jack and Juliet. The writers finally did what I was waitng for from the last time Jack and Juliet kissed. Only this time it was much more romatic. There was a hug too. Ahhhhhh....

Also we found out that Penny's father is the one who hired the "boat people" and that he might be the evil, who wants to find the island. I say "might" because that tape could have been another of Ben's tricks. We will just have to wait and see.
  • The plot thickens...

Finally! After a few lackluster episodes, it appears that good old Lost is back. "The Other Woman" is a classic example of Lost, with plenty of action and revelations from the get go. The episode starts strong and never let up the pace and tension, combining exciting sequences with well written dialogue and interesting revelations concerning the nature of the freighter.

Basically, Juliet is tasked by Ben to find Daniel and Charlotte and stop them from doing whatever they're doing. In the process, we are introduced to a new station, The Tempest, and given insight into who owns the boat, who is trying to find the island. The answer makes a nice connection between other episodes, in my opinion. Also, the flashbacks actually make sense in this one, and also contain some throwbacks to season two.

Overall, "The Other Woman" marks a return to form for Lost, with a brilliantly balanced episode which is marred only by a sort of cop-out at the end. I think that an ending which fit in better with the "no mercy" tone (i.e., Juliet completing her mission) would have been nice. But, I suppose, we can't get too many answers in one episode. Keep up the good work, Lost.
  • Why this episode was voted the least liked episode of season 4, I will never understand as this is definately my favourite episode of season 4.

I have to see even on top of amazing episodes such as The Constant, Cabin Fever and There's No Place Like Home, this episode is one of my favourite episodes of season 4, simply because everything seemed to be right about it. We had amazing acting from Elizabeth Mitchell, Michael Emerson and Matthew Fox, we got to see one of the most dangerous Dharma stations yet and we also found out who is behind sending the freighter to the island...and it was an amazing moment. The episodes flashbacks centre around Juliet after she has recently arrived on the island. She begins to have therapy sessions with a harsh and bitter woman named Harper Stanhope but is soon cheered up when she meets Goodwin, who she begins seeing. The plot thickens when we realise two things 1) That Goodwin is married to Harper and 2) That Ben has a major crush on Juliet and will stop at nothing to make her his. Elizabeth Mitchell is able to play the sensitive, naive Juliet that we've come to associate with her flashbacks so perfectly, whilst Michael Emerson delivers one of his creepiest and possibly heartbreaking performances of the show. By the end of Juliet's flashes we realise that Ben sent Goodwin to be the tail section spy on purpose, hoping to get him killed and it seems his plan worked. As Juliet weeps over Goodwin's body, Ben says that he still can't understand why Juliet doesn't realise that she is his property and no-one elses.
    But why is Ben so fixated on Juliet, before he even got to know her? Harper makes a comment to Juliet during one of her sessions that the reason Ben has a crush on her is because she looks just like "her." But who is the "her" to which Harper refers. As most people think, could it be Ben's childhood lover Annie who has possibly died sometime on the island. Maybe Ben still hasn't got over her. Or maybe it could be a reference to Ben's mother who seems to play an important role in his life. In a future episode we see that Ben has a portrait of his mother in his house at the Barracks she he clearly still cares about her, even though she has been dead for so long. Back to the future, Juliet gets a visit from Harper who tells her that Daniel and Charlotte are going to the Dharma station, the Tempest, and that they will release the gas (presumably the same gas that killed the Dharma Initiative in The Man Behind the Curtains), killing everyone on the island. Jack and Juliet set out to stop them but upon their arrival at the Tempest it becomes clear that Daniel and Charlotte are trying to stop the gas from being released, not trying to release it. Apparently Ben, or one of the others, tried to activate it when they heard the freighter was on it's way. Juliet is forced to make a choice as she holds a gun on the two of them. Should she listen to Ben Linus one more time or finally except that he is a monster and capable of anything? Eventually she lowers her gun, allowing Daniel to shut off the gas and it seems that once and for all Juliet has signed over her aligance to Jack and the survivors.
    Back at the Barracks meanwhile Locke is beginning to lose his grip on his group. Claire is questioning his methods of getting information from Miles and Ben seems to know it. Ben eventually agrees to tell Locke who owns the freighter if he will allow Ben to sleep in a proper bed and eat from a table. Locke agrees and the viewers are shocked to learn that the owner of the freighter and in effect, the person who plans to kill everyone on the island is...Charles Widmore, Penny's father and Desmond's antagonist. I have to admit when we saw Widmore bidding for the diary of the Black Rock in the previous episode, I thought it would take the writers another two seasons to admit why he was doing that, but it was basically answered in the next episode. Widmore wants the island to exploit it and was probably hoping that the Black Rock's diary might hold some info on where the island was. In the final moments of the episode Juliet tells Jack that they can't be together because of Ben and Jack says that if Ben wants to kill him than he knows were to find him. Everything seems to have ended happily for Juliet but things are still going to a boiling point as we learn more about the freighter and about why they are on the island. There are some key questions to take from this episode. How did Daniel and Charlotte know that Ben had used the gas previously? Does Widmore have more information on Ben than we think? And how does Widmore even know about the island? Has he heard of it through his connections to the Dharma Initiative or has he been on the island himself? Well, it seems we will have to wait patientally for these answers and heres hoping that season 5 will present them in a timely fashion.
  • Romantic storylines, secrets revealed and a great fight scene between Charlotte and Juliet...this episode is terrific.

Charlotte and Dan disappear into the island. Kate runs into them but then gets knocked out. Juliet gets a visit from her a woman called Harper. Harper tells her that Ben wants her to kill Charlotte and Dan. That made me wonder how Ben could have delivered that message because he was held in captivity. Where were Charlotte and Dan going and why ? They were going to the tempest.The source of all electricity on the island. They were going to disable it so Ben dosen't use it against everyone on the island. Jack, Juliet and Kate think that what Charlotte and Dan are doing is acutally against them so they set out to stop them. Juliet is ahead of Kate and Jack. She finds the Tempest and she also find Dan inside working on the computer so she puts a gun to his head and tells him to stop what he's doing but he refuses. Then Charlotte attacks her and a very rivetting fight happens between the two then Juliet gains control of the situation but they presuade her that what they are doing is for the good of the island, so she lets them proceed. Juliet and Charlotte leave the Tempest only to see Jack and Kate right infront of them. Juliet and Jack share a very sweet kiss which made go AWWWW. On other events. Ben wants to be free so and in order for him to do that he had to get Ben to trust him so he showed him a tape of his enemy. Charles Widmore was seen on tape. I was shocked that Penny's father was the enemy. Apparently Charles wants to exploit the island. Also Juliet has flashbacks of when she has having an affair with Widmore the man who attacked Ana Lucia but was then killed by her. We also find out that Ben was inlove with Juliet and he thought she was his. That freaked me out. I never saw it coming. Claire tells Ben that she wants to talk to Miles because she could use a different approach so they can get the information they wanted. I liked that. It's about time Claire had some development into the storyline other than being Charlie's hearthrob or the woman on the island with the baby. Loved this episode. Fantastic acting. Great scenery, like the setting where Goodwin and Juliet where having a picnic..that was beutiful. Great episode. Favorite character from this episode : Juliet !!! She looked so hot in that bathing suit. Something really funny in this episode was the expressio non Sawyer's face when he saw Ben walking around free. Good stuff !!!!
  • I actually enjoyed this episode a lot.

Ok I admit this might've been the worst episode of Lost season 4, but it was darn good for me. Personally I enjoy Juliet episodes a ton, and this one was no exception. This episode foreshadowed a ton about how Ben will probably use her in a future plot, and in the past how he was over protective and manipulative showed a great deal that we Lost viewers probably didn't know. Great acting on whoever plays Locke and Ben too. I liked the ending between Jack and Juliet, although I am not too sure it will happen I just love Jacket soo much, and the kiss at the end was awesome so yea... I enjoyed this episode, watching Ji Yeon now=)
  • So Funny...

What can I say baout this episode? It was awesome. It didn't beat last weeks episode but it was still very good. I was really dissapointed when Jack and Juliet kissed. But Kate cant have him all to herself. I really enjoyed he episode, it was very enjoyable! I liked the way this episode was mostly on the island I have got to say I have missed the island alot. How funny was Ben? He was so cute, the way he was running around everywhere. I just hope Jack will be okay you know about the Ben liking Juliet thing. I thought that was so funny and him running up the hill was so, so funny. All in all a very good epsiode and a funny one too.
  • a step backwards from the previous episode, but still very good

Quite a good episode, you learn more about the life of the others. The flashbacks where not clearing thins up, we knew everything already. I am happy that we learn how Ben killed the guys from the darma inisative.

Charles Witmore is a very intruiging character, and I want to know how he knows about the island. The fact that Jack has chosen for Juliette don't really interest me. The acting Michael Emerson was again very good, Ben really is a creep. The final scene was also funny with Hurley and Sawyer, but it whas pitty there wasn't a "wow" ending.
  • More of Juliet's past is revealed and future events are set up in this interesting episode. (Spoilers)

The episode after "The Constant", many have had their eyes on this and it was likely that the quality of the previous episode would affect people's opinion of this one. "The Constant" set the bar higher for Lost episodes, so it must be realized that not every episode will get it 100% right like "The Constant" did. "The Other Woman" was an excellent episode with plenty of information and major character development.

Juliet is meeting with her therapist, Harper, who seems a little cold and kind of mean. The session is interrupted by Tom, who leads Juliet outside to find Ben who is greeting her with flowers in front of her new home. Ben explains that she is welcome and that her house has all the amenities, even though Juliet will only be there for six months...Juliet is later shown crying in the medical ward after one of her pregnant patients died, she is met by Goodwin who is looking for medical treatment.It is at this time that Goodwin reveals he is married to Harper, who Juliet had criticized in front of him. The two begin an affair, which Harper learns of and warns her to stop for Goodwin's sake, because Ben likes Juliet and could possibly harm Goodwin if he learned. Juliet then has dinner with an overly giddy (read: scary) Ben after the plane crashes. Juliet inquires about Goodwin who was sent on a mission, but Ben plays coyly with her. Ben later leads Juliet to Goodwin's corpse and harshly explains to Juliet that she is "his".

On the island, Daniel and Charlotte sneak off to carry out their plan which seems to involve gassing the people on the island. Jack and Juliet follow them, with Juliet being encountered by the whispers in the jungle and subsequently Harper herself. Harper tells Juliet that Ben wants her to kill Charlotte and Daniel, and that Ben is right where he needs to be. Jack encounters her too, but she vanishes without a trace. Daniel and Charlotte encounter Kate who sees that the light on Daniel's phone is on after Charlotte told them it was out of power, she also notices the HAZMAT suits and Gasmasks in Daniel's bag-Charlotte then knocks her out. Jack and Juliet find her, with Juliet running off to confront Daniel and Charlotte at the "Tempest" a Dharma power station. Juliet confronts Daniel who claims he is trying to make the gas inert in order to save everybody, she fights with Charlotte as she doesn't initially believe Daniel, but Daniel was being honest and saves everyone on the island. Charolotte and Daniel are held up at gunpoint by Kate, but Charlotte offers to take her inside and show her everything. Juliet reveals her feelings to Jack and how that Ben thinks that she (Juliet) is his (Ben) and that he would not be happy if they were together. Jack then kisses her (yes!!) and tells her Ben "knows where to find him"

At camp Locke, Claire tries to convice Locke to let her talk to Miles in order to find out "whose boat it is". Locke also strikes a deal with Ben, if he lets Ben live at the barracks, Ben will give him info. Ben shows Locke a tape of who is behind the people on the boat, and as many of us predicted (myself included) it was Charles Widmore! The episode ends with Hurley and Sawyer playing a friendly game of horseshoes when Ben walks by.

Juliet's backstory was interesting at times, and then just alright at times. It revealed more info and really enhanced her character dynamic. The beautiful Elizabeth Mitchell did a great job. Michael Emerson can do no wrong as Ben, we really learned much about his character. It was just frightening to see him act so giddy because he is in love with Juliet. The story revolving around Daniel, Charlotte, Jack, Juliet, and Kate was exciting and tense. The information that Ben provided to Locke was pretty good and promises more interesting events. It was great to see Jack and Juliet kiss, normally the romance stuff is hit or miss, but I like these two together.

Dialogue was good, plot was great, pacing was good, direction was very good, cinematography was excellent. Technically speaking, this episode was incredibly good. The story had some slow parts, but overall it was very entertaining.

Overall, great episode. Season 4 continues to be strong. I don't think many episodes can measure up to "The Constant", that isn't so much a comparison as it is a statement. This episode really set up future events and was devoted to character development, never a bad thing, it's role will be seen later, and it is likely to be a big setup to bigger events.
  • the "loving" side of Ben

Well that was a very interesting episode. We got to see plenty of others and how they plan things out, it's so cool to see how they live and work. Once again we get a few answers and have to ask more questions. We learned Ben has a huge crush on Juliet and Jack ain't scared of Ben. Michael Emerson is so good at being Ben it's scary. I love when he was all dreamy eyed for Juliet in this episode. Him trying to touch her by the microscope and woo her with dinner was too good. Then to see how quickly he turns on her and leaves Goodwin out to die is freaky. He is very dictator-ish the way he runs things.
  • Juliet: I'm sure there are things from your past that you'd rather not talk about. Jack: Yeah, you read them all in my file. Juliet: Trust me, Jack, you don't wanna see my file.

Juliet receives an unwelcome visit from someone from her past and is given orders to track down Charlotte and Faraday in order to stop them from completing their mission - by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Ben offers Locke an enticing deal. Not the best episode of the season but also not the worst, as the fourth seasonn goes on we have been seeing Lost at it's best, I really liked "The Other Woman" but it would always be a dissappointment after last weeks episode. The episode was also quite funny, Ben was great in this episode and the ending was great to watch, Jack and Juliet's kiss spoilt the episode abit. this episode I think is a 9.4 out of 10 and Iam already tipping Lost to win a couple of Emmy's this year.
  • In an episode that would have seemed to fit better in season 3 than season 4, we learn more of Juliet's story on the island, of Ben's ability to manipulate and the man behind the freighter.

This was a strong episode but it pales in comparison to last week's brilliant epic. It also fell more in line with the plot/themes of Season 3, with the exception of Ben and Locke and the Charles Widmore reveal.

In the flashbacks, we learn that Juliet's relationship with Goodwyn was an affair. He was married to the group's therapist. Why a therapist? Juliet reveals that it is stressful to be an other. This is true, given that Ben manipulated everyone and has most people living in fear. He kept Juliet prisoner on the island because she is "his". She must remind him of someone from his past, possibly his mother or Annie or another woman. I believe that Ben's past lover got pregnant and died, adding yet another layer of torture to Ben's motives. Afterall, everything he does he does for the Island. The Island, so far, has treated him with an abusive father, haunting memories of his mother and possibly the death of his lover and unborn child. How does Ben react? Be sending Goodwyn on a death errand, courtesy of a revised flashback of the plane crash from Juliet's perspective. We also learn that Juliet has helped tail-section survivors integrate into the collective, mainly Zack and Emma. Juliet then is taken to visit her lover's dead body, who has recently been impaled by Ana-Lucia. In real-time, Jack and Juliet go in search of Daniel and Charlotte who, according to a vanishing Harper (Goodwyn's wife), are headed to the Tempest to recreate the purge. Juliet must kill them, as per Ben's instructions. This is the third person we've seen be ordered to kill on Ben's behalf. First Michael did it to release Ben from the hatch. Second, in a flashforward, we see Sayid murdering by way of orders from Ben. Now Juliet (who, as far as we know, has never killed anyone) is willing to go along and kill the newbies based on what Harper said Ben wants. But who is Harper? How did you rise the whispers and then vanish? Since we know the Monster communicates with Jacob and that is can also read people's memories, perhaps this wasn't actually Harper but the Monster. And the Monster is channelling Jacob (and Ben) to do its bidding. Why would the Monster want to protect the gas-action? Yet another good question.

Jack and Juliet run into Kate, who has been knocked out. As Jack tends to the woman he confesses his love to just a few days ago, Juliet runs to find Daniel and Charlotte about to release the gas in the Tempest station. Only they are not there to release the gas and kill everyone. Rather, they are there to prevent it from happening ever again. Yes, they know about the previous purge and they have ordered to make sure that Ben can't use this weapon again.

In the end, Juliet and Jack kiss. But over at the Barracks, Ben informs Locke that he's always got a plan. He says this as it is shown that Locke is without a plan and his people are questioning his wisdom, including sweet Claire. Ben then makes a deal with Locke. If Locke releases Ben back into the society he will reveal who is behind the freighter and who his man is on the boat. The audience learns that Penny's dad hired the boat and will stop at nothing to exploit the island's unique properties. Locke then learns the shocking identity of the man on the boat, although we (the audience) are not privy to this conversation. We are, however, smart enough to have figured it out. All bets are on Michael. In the end, Ben is at large. It is also revealed that Hurley is better than Sawyer at horseshoes, yet another game that Sawyer loses to Hurley.
  • A superb, though not completetly flawless character driven episode.

I guess most of the negativity surrounding this episode is because of the previous episode, "The Constant". It just set the bar way too high - and it's obvious why can't "The Other Woman" live up to it: simply put, to have an episode like that again, there has to be a setup phase, and this episode enters that phase, but unlike most setup episodes, this one doesn't feel dull... no, far from dull. Using a setup / transitional episode as a character episode is not a new thing to Lost. Just think about "Par Avion". While this episode is a Juliet centric episode, it's more of a Ben/Juliet episode. We learn a new side of Ben, a side that I thought will never be touched upon. He had/has a crush on Juliet...

Ben as a lover - can it get any more awkward? The flashbacks were filled with awkward nailbiting scenes, very well done. Present time Ben finally revealed some secrets to Locke, earning his trust, proving himself to be useful - Ben is not a prisoner anymore.

While it's been speculated since season 2, it's nice to know finally that Charles Widmore is after the island, and it's his boat, not Penny's. I always love, that in Lost, to recreate a certain atmosphere in the flashback, the producers bring back characters who died - and even when they were alive, they had minor roles. That's why this episode we see Goodwin and Tom again, and was it great? It surely was!

As far as negativity goes, there isn't much. The build up to the Tempest was somewhat false and forced, but at least it gave motivation to the characters. A typical Drew Goddard episode too - lots of over the top dialouge that doesn't actually sound corny, and alot of twisted humor. Most memorable quote:

(Ben to Juliet)

You're mine.

Woah. Take that! Overall, superb episode, with more character mythology than island, but that's what Lost is ultimately all about. Kudos to Michael Emerson and Elizabeth Mitchell for delivering the best performances of the episode.
  • "Because he thinks that I'm his. And he knows how I feel about you."

Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.Because he thinks that I'm his. (Crying) And he knows how I feel about you.
  • Another Solid episode.

"See you guys at dinner!" That phrase was so funny. The whole last scene cracked me up, Sawyer and Hugo make such a great duo. How good is Michael Emerson? He just can`t stop getting better. The episode is an Juliet flashback(they did teased a flash forward at start). So no Flash forward, what does this mean for the chracter, it`s too early to say. But the flash back was none less interesting...revealing the one way love story of Ben and Juliet. I love it when Ben says that Juliet is his..smartest man of the island. We saw quite a different side of Ben in the episode.
    The big revelation is that Charles Widmore is the man for whom the people on the boat are working. Well it was theorized before and we got a hint in last episode, so can`t say it was an OMG moment. This surely means that Desmond will certainly remain a major character for a while.
    As for Ben`s spy...am 99% sure it`s Michael. It got to be him...but we never know with Lost.
    And oh....the love triangle stuff is now a love square (not sure about the term here) Juliet is in (would you believe that) and yeah Jack-Kate talking was the only boring moment of the episode.
    It was not a "The constant" standard episode but you can`t expect every episode to be like that. This Season is turning out to be a masterpiece and this was no road block.
  • Forget The Constant and this would have been more appreciated

I dont get why people are so stupid sometimes and just rate episodes like this so low, just beacause it had a much stronger episode before it. One amazing thing about Lost is, that its character development goes as we learn more about a character. They dont actually change i present time. Here we learn about Juliet, although the important player was Ben. His reactions, his face covered with envy over Goodwin and his inner grief, was perfectly excecuted by Michael Emerson. Calling this a filler, is very harsh to say, it's like people decide their ratings by the endings/cliffhangers. The ending was a funny joke, with we had a few of this episode. And its not like it IS a filler, they revealed the boss of the Freighter people. Even though we all suspected it, we all had to see it on the show and not on a forum board. You should really appreciate this little epsiode as it has, A new Hatch, new revelations, drama, action and some jokes.
  • A little step back from other episodes of this season but it's ok.

This episode through a series of flashbacks, we explore the background a little more of Juliet and her time spent on the island prior to the crash of Flight-815. I was really surprised to see that she and Goodwin had something going on but what I was really surprised about was the way Ben reacted to her. That whole "SHE's MINE" at the end of the last flashback was amazing. Then Juliet telling Jack tearfully that Ben is going to win and they can't be because of what happened to Goodwin and Jack just simply saying "He knows where I am" that was awesome. My favorite part of the episode had to have been the last 3 minutes. Sawyer and Hurley are playing horseshoes and along comes a smiling Ben with a "Going to see you boys tonight at dinner" with him walking into his house, that was classic. I am glad to see that Ben and Locke are getting along as they are my two favorite characters on the show, although I know Ben is trying to get one over on Locke like he does everyone else.
  • "Average" by the Standards set by Season Four

Without a doubt, to me, the worst episode of the season but still being able to score a 9.1 overall. Obviosuly not one of my favorite episodes of the show so far, but there were several moments in the episode that I did like.

Lets begin with the old fashioned flashback episode, which was a change in tempo from what we have been wacthing this season. Three of this seasons six epsiodes have been flash forwards, which I tend to watch with a more keen eye because I dont know the outcome. You know watching this episode that Juliet and Goodwin get together - you just dont know how it happens and why a lot of things happen. Juliet reminded me of Sun in this episode a lot. You think you know a character but the more times you get a flashback your opinion of her changes. Everyone felt for sun in "House of the Rising Sun" but by the time we got to "The Glass Balerina" everything about her backstory wasn't what we expected it to be. Same for Juliet in her transition from "Not In Portland" to "The Other Woman". A scene in "One of Us" seemingly so inicent with Goodwin and Juliet turns into this completly other thing that we didn't see coming. Overall the flashback was solid - with a lot of Michael Emerson lending a helping hand to Elizabeth Michell. She held her own in the flashbacks, but I always feel she will need someone else big to make her better. Which is why I think Kate episodes tend to be hard to watch - I feel she also needs a big name actor to help her out and when its centered around Lilly you don't often get that. The introduction of Harper was just kind of random to me. I almost don't want the writers to do anything more with her, but her character seemed so random and pointless to have in there for one episode. I could have come up with a half a dozen better flashbacks if the producers just wanted to stick with "Important Flashbacks" like they said. Scenes with Juliet and Harper lacked anything worth watching in the episode and being caught up in a triangle / love story not involving Desmond and Penny was a big mistake following up "The Constant". Overall - flashbacks were average, didn't feel the big "importance" of them - granted Ben got that much more complex and I like that.

On island scenes were stolen by the power duo of the show - Terry and Emerson. Putting those two together is so unfair and I dont think its just chance that those two often get scenes ranging from 2-4 minutes while everyone else gets the more old fashioned 45 seconds to a minute. A 42 minute episode could be made around those two talking and it would be amazing. The characters personalities mesh so well. Emerson talking about "Has the revolution begun" was perfect for getting inside the head of someone who is very much so new to the leader role. The reveal of Charles Widemore was very good and the spy on the boat - we know who it is, so I hope next episode doesnt hinge on that "big reveal". Juliet and Jacks portions of the epsiode were okay. The trip to the Tempest felt a little too forced to me. Nothing really happened once we got there. We do know now how the entire island can be purged, but other then that it was just Charlotte and Juliet wrestling for a minute and Juliet not pulling the trigger. Nothing much there. Jack and Juliets kiss felt right, I like the relationship between the two characters and I like how the writers waited over a season and a little more for it to really happen. The one in Through the Looking Glass was just kind of random. Overall - solid episode but it just lacked the tempo set up by a rolling season four.
  • Juliet-centric episode doesn't do much to advance the plot per se, but we do learn a lot about her & Ben's relationship and get to see some solid acting all around

Alright, first and foremost, let me say that nothing that happened this week--short of rescue--could have possibly topped last week's moment between Penny and Desmond.

That being said, it was with trepidation that I watched this week as it had all the makings of a let-down episode.

Thankfully, that didn't happen.

While this episode didn't really do much to advance the plot--short of Dan and Charlotte stopping the gas and us finding out who is Ben's direct enemy--it did provide some interesting things to reflect on.

So our boy Ben's got a crush does he? This episode was cool in the way it kind of threw a new twist on some of the events we've already seen take place, and you've got to love the should we trust her/should we not trust her thing they've got going with Juliet's character.

Ben strikes a deal to get free, which is kind of like watching one of those really dumb people in a horror movie go into the dark quiet room. We know this isn't going to end well, but hey, it's a fun ride right?

Something strikes me about Juliet. The more i think about, the more I doubt she'll make it to the finale. Something just tells me she's going to never get off the island, and i mean that in a Paola/Niki sort of way.

Still, with only two weeks left until the big "jaw-dropper", this episode was solid enough to justify spending an hour watching yet not strong enough that my desire to see more has waned. OUT!
  • A good ep!!

In this Juliette focused episode we finally find out about those peschy helicopter people! This season has really been great after season 3 was bad this picks the show back up again! Ben actually becomes part of the group What the hell Ben is totally trickin Locks camp. The Juliette and Jacks steamy kiss was a big shock all that tension FINALLY !!! Now I'm confused as whether if they will start dating even though Jack and Kate are sooo in love. I really thought that Julliete would be part of the oceanic six! I'm really looking foward to finding out who it is. Juliettes past also is fun to have a peek at. Ohh and i now love Rebecca Madar!
  • Interesting

Juliet has flashbacks to when she had an affair with Goodwin while on the island. His wife, Harper, despised her and Ben was jealous, which is why he sent Goodwin to the tail section of the plane.

Jack discovers that Faraday and Charlotte have gone missing. Juliet receives a message from Harper from Ben. Harper tells her where Faraday and Charlotte are going and what they plan to do. Jack and Juliet follow them. Kate runs into them and sees the gas masks. Charlotte knocks her out. Juliet goes ahead and finds them at the Tempest station. It turns out that they are trying to disable the gas, instead of spreading it. Ben makes a wager with Locke. His limited freedom for information. Ben reveals that Charles, Penny's father, is searching for this island and he wants to exploit it. Juliet and Jack kiss.

This episode was great! The ending was funny! Ben is so smart when it comes to manipulating Locke and others. It would be creepy to have Ben have a crush on you like he did with Juliet. He seems like a stalker or something. This episode gets a 9.0 out of 10!
  • That was definitely the worst episode from Season 4 of LOST...

Well, I think that's the truth, because we're talking about LOST and this can be so much better. The flashback was not so bad, since a lot of things concerning Juliet and her relationship with Ben and Goodwin were explained. It had also emotional scenes and some unexpected words of love from Ben to Juliet.
    But, in my opinion, the prime story was a little disappointing. Something we should have expected when Juliet is the centric character of the episode.
    Some reasons the ratings of this episode are low:
    1) It was predictable enough (as far as the release of gus is concerned) 2) We didn't finally learn who is in that boat 3) There was not a cliffhanger ending
    4) Mitchell could act better...
    5) Nothing really happened and the plot is once again slow
    6) Answers were not given
    7) ''The Constant'' we had seen the previous week was the greatest episode

But all these seem to be nothing...It's just an episode and there are so many left of them to watch. LOST is the best series on tv and nothing can change that anymore.
  • finally I'm not bored anymore.

This was the best episode since season 2 in my oppinion.The new trend of lost is to have more and more new mysteries without ever answering them.In this episode however, there were no cliffhangers and alot was revealed.I wasn't crazy about the whole flash forward thing happenening in season 4, but with the whole time travel element, we arn't sure if the flash forwards that we see will be the real future. I'ts always nice to have ben comming back into the story and I'm curious to see what he'll be up to next. Also I'm very curious to se if walt and micheal will ever return to the story.
  • Basically the story falls on Juliet, and goes a little more in depth about her situation on the island. It also introduces another character that was part of the others.

I don't want to get to in depth of a summary for this, I just want to say that I personally felt it got back on track to the series as apposed to how the last few episodes have been. This one felt like a season 3 episode and got us back on the present/past storyline deal. It felt really good to have that again, and maybe future episodes will be like that. There is still a lot to learn about the island before we leave it again. We need more insight about the Dharma Initiative and who exactly is Ben, and what is that black smoke. Just can't have the serious go into the future to soon without knowing these things. The beginning of the Season was great, I just felt that it was going way off track of what it really going on.
  • I really liked this episode

To me this episode was really great and I cannot comprehend, why people are so mad at it. To me it was obvious since the first episode of Season 3 that Ben has a thing for Juliet. It might not have been so obvious but between the lines it was to be seen. This therapist lady, was she really there or was it old friend smokey who came to Juliet?

I more and more ask myself if maybe the "other" Others are more or less okay, like Goodwin, and if it is not only crazy Ben who is the bad guy. Hope that Locke takes really good care of himself and our friends and is not tricked again by Ben. The kiss at the end between Juliet and Jack was cute. It was not as heartbreaking as Desmonds phone call with Penny but ....
< 1 2 3