Lost

The Other Woman

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 06, 2008 on ABC

• A really poor and unbelievable episode.

2.8
    I love Lost and was really looking forward to series 4 but this episode I'm afraid sums up much of the series. Something is lacking and I can't put my finger on it. The Constant was a 10/10 episode but all the others just haven't really achieved much excitement for me, this being by far the worst. Juliet is dull as dishwater and the whole story with Ben was weak. At the start of Season 3 Ben says "so I guess I'm out of the book club then" and we wonder where their relationship went wrong but in this episode after that event Ben is having Juliet round for a romantic "first date" type meal. That doesn't add up. So Juliet had an affair with that Other bloke. Who cares? Ben sent him off with Ana Lucia as he knew she would kill him? Ridiculous. We have a whole episode devoted to showing that Ben is actually evil? And in such a dull way? Oh dear. We knew that already. Then to make matters worse, Faraday and co go and turn off the gas but just had to hit Kate over the head so we could have the tense ending with Juliet with the are they or aren't they bad question. It's so stupid, why would they not just say "Listen, we think this Ben bloke is going to use the gas to kill you all so we're going to go turn it off"? The answer, they wouldn't!

Overall a real disappointment of an episode only saved by humour between Ben and Locke.