Lost

The Shape of Things to Come

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 24, 2008 on ABC

• It's all about the Benjamin. A riveting performance with shocking events. A superb episode. But one little thing that could have improved.

Michael Emerson plays Ben with a horrifyingly evil way, and that truly comes out in this episode. He put his "own daughter's" life on the line for something not understood to us, and fights his way through a deadly world in Iraq. The death of Alex and Rosseau dropped some jaws and the formidable future of Penny raises a different kind of question, one that isn't part of a mysterious past or story, but leaves us suspense.

One thing that was a bit distracting was Sawyer's dialogue. With blatant somewhat-forced statements like "who the hell is Jacob?" and "I'm going back to the beach" it seems that he has existed in this season so far just to react to everything Locke says. However, the way he stood up against Locke was right in his character. I really like Sawyer's character, especially after he killed Anthony Cooper, and I just wish they would utilize him more fully.