Lost

The Shape of Things to Come

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 24, 2008 on ABC

• If the actor who plays Ben, is ignored at the Emmy's after this performance... something is seriously wrong.

This episode had me completely enthralled. From the John Doe who washed up on the beach to the execution style shootings of like 6 of The Others, this episode was phenomenal. On the beach we find out that the freighter isn't really there to take them off the island, thanks in part to a lying Daniel who was caught red handed, making up what said in a Morse Code message. At Locke's camp we saw some awesome dynamics between Hurley, Sawyer, Aaron and Claire (who I thought was a goner). But the best and most surprising turn of events was the death of Alex. Ben's reaction to her heartless killing was mesmerizing... and he didn't say a word. After trying unsuccessfully to convince her captors that she didn't matter to him, she is shot, which apparently sets off a chain of events that lasts even after Ben leaves the island. Michael Emerson was amazing, the rest of the cast was awesome as usual, and I think this may have been the best episode of the season. Well done.