Lost

The Shape of Things to Come

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 24, 2008 on ABC

• Well, it appears the writers and producers really did think about the show while on break... it came back with a BANG!

Well, as a devoted LOST fan since the beginning of the series, it is easy to say that this was a fantastic episode, but I think its important to realize that in this episode there was so much revealed and shown that you can see the show going in the new direction that has been promised.

I get a kick out of how we started the show with no idea about what was going on, and now we know so much, but there is still tons to be discovered. The same is true for this episode.

"Meet Kevin Johnson" was mediocre at best, and simply showed us some important things (things that we all suspected, anyway), and it left me very unexcited for the return without some major thing to have resolved. Between the boat people's intentions, smoke monster and Ben, there was a ton to be told.

My whole "LOST Party" was stunned when the smoke monster came into full view, we think Ben turned it up in a MAJOR way: super high power. Also, the fact that Ben went to Tunisia with some new Dharma symbol is interesting. The thought is either time travel did happen, or the trip just took a few days and that is why he was confused, its hard to say.

Also, my final observation about the importance of this episode was how there was a very personal nature to the "war" between Ben and Charles Widmore, more than just a rivalry, but I think there is something major and something deep going on there :
    Charles: "Are you here to kill me, Benjamin?"
    Ben: "We both know I can't do that."

WHOA!! They have promised us changes to the whole view of the series, and I can't wait to see where this thing takes us!!