Lost

There's No Place Like Home (3)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 29, 2008 on ABC

• First, the memorable Hatch shot, followed by 2 people playing chess, then we have to go back. Now, there's no place like home! The season four finale. 3 hours of absolute LOST!

Ben, Locke, and Hurley go to The Orchid, but Keamy and his men beat them there. Jack and Kate go after the helicopter, and are later joined by Sawyer. Sayid comes back to the island with a rescue boat, and then goes after them too. Ben tries to escape Keamy's custody so that he and Locke can follow through with Jacob's request to move the island. Michael tries to neutralize the explosives on the boat, while the "Oceanic 6" move closer to rescue.

The above 83 words are the extended, un-effective way of describing 'There's No Place Like Home'.

Tantalizing. In my opinion, that's the best way.
  • I feel under-whelmed…and I don't really know why.

An island moved, spirits appeared before people, and Ben apparently time traveled across the world. But oddly enough, I was fine with all of those developments. In fact, I've come to accept them all as part of the Lost mythology over the last four years. So why then do I feel so indifferent about this episode?

Maybe it was the death of Michael. There's was huge hype last summer when Harold Perrineau was coming back to reprise the role. But then Michael came back and…nothing. His whole purpose in returning seemed to amount to a whole load of nothing. It seemed like a waste. It seemed like the producers only brought him back because so many fans were asking "What happened to Michael and Walt!?" And they were like…"Ok! Fine! Let's bring him back! How do we insert him into the story?" Granted, the way Michael died, with Christian appearing before him, was really cool. But Michael's run on the fourth season was just kind of lackluster...and that's just a shame. Leaves kind of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Maybe it was Jin's death. I mean, even Michael got a better send off then him. Hell! Even Nikki and Paulo got a better send off then him! Four years investment into his character and…nothing. No music or emotional scene like we got with Charlie, no cool lines like we got with Michael…just an explosion. Now, there's still speculation that Jin could be alive. After all, I believe Faraday was driving the Zodiac towards the wreckage when the freighter exploded. So…maybe Jin's alive? I certainly hope so. Or else that's a very insignificant death for a character who all in all seems to have been very insignificant to the overall scheme of Lost.

Maybe it was the fact that everyone survived the helicopter crash, including the baby! I mean, if everyone was intended to survive they could have at least made the helicopter crash look less violent. But the helicopter crash – in all its crappy CGI glory – looked absolutely brutal! And nobody was even injured….or bleeding! I don't know…I mean, I realize that earlier this season a loaded gun couldn't even shoot Michael. And perhaps this is what happened here…the island refused to allow the Oceanic Six to die. That would all match up, but still…kind of an eye roller.

Maybe it was at the beginning of the episode when Keamy was shot in the back by Richard. Keamy rolled over and all the others stood around his "corpse." Now I knew Keamy was still alive, I knew his dead man's trigger storyline still needed to conclude… but I couldn't help but be bothered by the fact that nobody shot him in the head! It seemed like the obvious thing to do in that moment! Even though I knew this couldn't happen for the sake of the story, this really bothered me. My only explanation for this moment is that Ben didn't want Keamy to be killed at this moment. After all, he did seem to be expecting Keamy later on in the episode while in the Orchid station. But the logistics of such a maneuver makes no sense! If Ben wanted to kill Keamy why didn't he just do it while he was incapacitated!? It's not like Ben really savored his death when he killed him later on! I understand that this is a HUGE nit-pick on my part, and that the way the story unfolded occurred primarily for dramatic effect…but I think the writing could have been less sloppy. That's just me.

Maybe it was the fact that Locke actually shook Ben's hand. This is more of a peeve then anything…but come on! The guy just killed everybody on the freighter, including, quite possibly, your friends…and you shake his hand! I guess I can just chalk this all up to the weakness that Locke's character has shown throughout the series, but still…annoying.

By now you probably think I hated the episode, but I didn't (I did give it an 8.0 after all). Actually, I quite liked most of it. Everything except the aforementioned five things really held it together. Locke in the casket was an absolute mind blower, Sayid versus Keamy was probably one of the best TV (or movie for that matter) fights I've seen in a while, and Desmond and Frank getting off the island as well was a pleasant surprise. I'm still going to have to come to terms with all the islands "spiritual rules," (Whoever moves the island must leave; Everyone – the Oceanic Six plus Locke's corpse – must go back) but I'm sure those will all register over the next nine months. All in all, the season four finale felt a lot like the season two finale (I do realize that a giant "glow" engulfs the island in both episodes…perhaps that has something to do with it?), in that both felt kind of under-whelming…at least in my opinion. I'm not sure why, but either way I'm still anticipating season five.

I really want to see what Sawyer, Locke, Juliet, Miles, and Charlotte did over the last three years. Because I'm ass-uming that's what season five will be about: Flashbacks of what happened over the three years on the island, and flash-forwards of Jack trying to convince the rest of the Oceanic Six to return. Can't wait.
  • Nobody does a season finale like Lost. Nobody.

If you can get over the fact that Lost may never be able to top the game-changing "Through the Looking Glass" of last season, there is still enough amazing moments here to keep their perfect finale streak alive.

Jack learns the Claire is his sister.
    Sayid and Keamy have the best fight the show has done yet! Locke takes over the Others. The conspiracy of Kate's "son" Aaron begins. Michael makes up for his guilt. Sayid is reunited with lost love Nadia. Ben avenges his daughter, but at the price of killing people on the boat, including Jin- where Yujin Kim gives her best performance to date. And of course, the big ones: Desmond is Reunited with Penny, and Ben moves the island, and Locke is revealed to be dead in the coffin. Now they have to go back! Incredible incredible stuff! So many questions were answered, yet so many more have been asked (as usual)! Can't wait for the new season!
  • How this episode played out, and the questions that were raised in my head afterwards made this 3 part finale yet again another favorite.

So we got questions roaming around the forums as you may know about what happened to the island and what happened to those that were still on the island. Jack obviously has suffered from exactly what Locke told him would happen. Yet again that damn smoke monster I have yet to figure out what it is, but I do know that Keamy and his men got theirselves handed to when that thing unleashed upon them in that earlier episode. So where is Faraday and those on that small boat at now? Did they get ported with the island too? Also did Ben get ported not only with the island but also back to common land as we saw earlier when he awoke in the middle of the desert with a cut on his arm and in that jacket that he wore while turning the island, although we were not aware of why he was wearing such things out in the desert when that episode was aired. Anyways this episode was a real thrill to watch and how it played out was very well done in my point of view. And the Lost trademark for endings is that it leaves you with more questions than answers that we all debate about but they end up becoming something entirely different when the season starts back up again. So now for speculation, I'd say that the island has been moved ahead of time, some of the people left on it might have seen terrible fates like Locke discussed with Jack, Jack with the help of Ben will get all that left to agree somehow to go back and then all sorts of heck will happen from there. I really cant say what will become of Locke once he is returned there besides either he will come back to life somehow or join the ranks of Christian & Jacob.
  • Meet Jeremy Bentham

It is truly incredible to see how Lost has come from being a show about a group of people trapped on a mysterious and deserted island to a science fiction drama that rivals similar shows such as Twin Peaks or The X-Files. I am calling this episode a pilot because it essentially introduces what the show will look like next season. That is the Oceanic Six with Ben and John Locke who is the deceased person in the coffin named Jeremy Bentham will have to find some way to work together so they can return to the island and save it.
  • jeremy bentham!

i have to admit i was completely lost regarding jeremy bentham. i tried to recall if the name was ever mentioned during the show before but i was sure it wasn't. then they mentioned "he changed his name", that's when i knew it had to be someone we already know... never suspected to be who it turned out to be.

excellent move by sawyer taking a dip to lighten the weight, it was totally expected from him! now we know when did he ask kate to keep the promise, but we still don't know what it is. can't imagine the swim he took to get to the island though.

i didn't like two scenes, the freighter blowing up seemed a bit too fake to me and when the chopper went down, i think they went too far, specially with aaron aboard. but, aaron is the miracle baby ;)

seeing ben getting ready to move the island wearing the same jacket he wore on the episode where he was on a desert and killed two soldiers was awesome.

what's up with sun, first she turned against her father and now meeting with mr widmore, she seems so powerful. is jack the second person she blames for jin's death?

we also learned the flash forwards are 3 years ahead!

i really enjoyed this season, for was it lasted. i just hope the writers don't go to strike again so we can have a longer next season.

i'll try to catch the other 2 alternate endings as mentioned during commercials!

// the next morning, i was able to see the alternate endings. the first showed sawyer in the coffin and the second one desmond.

btw, i forgot to mention one of my favorite moments was when sayid came for hurley, he was playing chess and right before he was leaving he said: "sorry, your move mr eko"

i'd love to see mr eko back!
  • Who is in the coffin? How did the Oceanic 6 get off the island? These questions have puzzled us since the season 3 finale, and finally, they're answered.

We start off where the last episode left off. Ben has killed Keamy, therefore activating the bombs on The Freighter. Luckily, the liquid nitrogen on the freighter is delaying the explosion. Bad news is they havent got alot of time left to get off the boat. Jin wants to help Michael with the bomb, but as Michael says, Jin is a father and has responsibilities. Jin runs off and just as he is, the chopper is ready to take off. Lapidus, Desmond, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Aron are all on it. Sun is screaming for Jin but Lapidus won't go back for him. Michael runs out of liquid nitrogen, and he hears whispers. He turns around and sees Christian Shepard, who says "you can go now". BOOM! The Frieghter explodes, much to the displeasure of Sun, who cant quite believe her eyes.

In a flashforward, Sun is waiting for someone. She sees him and walks up to him. Its Charles Widmore, who pretends not to know about Sun, and the fact that they are lying about the island. She gives him her card and asks him to call her. She then leaves.

Back on the island, Ben has finished putting the metal in the vault. He flips a switch and it explodes. He gets changed into a parka and tells Locke not to come with him. Jacob wants Ben to suffer the consequences, as the person who moves the island can never come back. He also gives the role as the leader of the others to Locke, before departing into a tunnel in the back of the exploded vault.

He descends down the tunnel into a cold room full of snow and a wooden wheel is mounted horizontally onto the side of cave. Ben whispers "well Jacob, I hope you're happy".He uses a crowbar to remove some ice from the wheel, making it easier to turn. He does with all his might and the wheel turns slowly but surely. When he has pushed it as far as it will go, he and the island are shrouded with a bright light. WHOOSH! The island has disappeared before the eyes of the people on the chopper.They toss the lifeboat out and get on it.

In a flashforward, Kate is alone in her house in bed. She hears whispers and a door creak in Aron's room. She takes a gun only to find its Claire, who tells her to never bring Aron back to the island. She wakes up and finds it was a dream.

Back on the boat, they rafties are arguing. Jack says they need to lie to protect the island as Locke says. Then they see lights. Its a boat, and they signal for rescue. They climb on the boat and a man shouts for Mrs Whidmore. Desmond realises that it is Penny's boat and he runs to her and they embrace in a romantic kiss.

One week later, they throw the boat back into the water. It's the only way to keep them safe as Sayid explains, and the Oceanic 6 get on the lifebpat, leaving Desmond and Lapidus on the boat. They then row to an island called Mumbata, where they are finally rejoined back to civilization.

In a flashforward, Jack breaks into the funeral parlour. He goes to see the body of Jeremy Benthem, who has been "visiting" him. Ben comes up behind him and tells him that the Oceanic 6 need to go back to the island, that the island wants them back. Jack says OK and Ben says "all of you" and points to the coffin, which the camera pans over and finally reveals the contents of it. It is the body of John Locke. LOST! cut to the credits.

This is a great episode, joint best so far building up to a spectacular season 5.
  • WOW, ABSOLUTELY mind-blowing!!! Worth The 3 Yr Wait. =)

What a freakin finale this was!! WOW, ABSOLUTELY mind-blowing.
    It was the best LOST Season Finale ever with so much action and adventure.

My Top 3 favorites were: - Ben Moving the Island - Desmond & Penny - Aww!!
    - Locke in Coffin - Whoaaa!! Whattt??? =))

The scene where they get off the island finally and they hug good-bye to Desmond was emotionally heart breaking. It was so sad. 108 days on the Island and finally going back home -- I would have cried. :((

And this 3 years later thing...I think they did this because of Walt? I mean the actor who plays Walt has gotten SO BIG. If they didn't say 3 years passed by it would have been weird to see him that grown up. =)

I just cant wait for Season 5 to premiere. Im gonna die that night of excitement. =))
  • Let's just say I love this episode. :]

Woah; so the Season 4 finale of LOST was unbelievably great. I think I loved about everything about it. So much action, drama, everything. I'm not gonna lie; I was so afraid Sawyer was going to die when he jumped out of the helicopter. But he's alive! Yay! :] However; Jin and Michael (along with others on the freighter) did die. But Jin is the only one I'm sad about. So Ben moved[?] the island. That was a pretty cool scene. Desmond and Penny reunited! That was so sweet. It turned out to be Locke (Jeremy Bentham) in the coffin. I have to say that I absolutely loved all the acting in the finale; but especially Ben's. Michael Emerson is one talented guy. Well there's so much more I could say; but I'll just stop here. Basically:: Finale = Amazing. :]
  • Review.

There were a couple of things in this episode that I didn't like, but at the same time there were a whole lot of things that I did like. I needed to view the finale without any commercials before I could give the show the ratings that it deserved. After watching it Thursday Night I had this episode at about a 9.5, but after a rewatch I have in fact bumped it up to a ten. Let's start with the things I liked...

They didn't do it with the flashes. All of them were to the point and needed for the storyline. At first I didn't like that the only thing going on in the flashes was this mysterious "Jeremy Bentham" character, but to be honest that was the only thing all of us really cared about. Part 1 showed us the coming home parties and reunions for our survivors, whereas this episode really highlighted this character in the casket. I thought all of the flashes were very well done and if we had had that little extra 2 minute conversation with Jack and Kate last season we wouldn't have had to much to talk about. Other then who Bentham was. Loved seeing Sayid and Hurleys little scene together and Sun has one of the more intriguing life after islands I think. She didn't really get anything in her episode because of the jedi mind trick they attempted to play on us, but her character among all of the oceanic survivors is the one that has got me thinking right now as to what her overall gameplan is. Loved the final scene with Ben showing up right at the end. Once Sayid started talking about Bentham I knew it wasn't Ben, but it put those random thoughts to bed quick. Locke being in the casket - Not a big fan of that right now, but I wasn't a big fan of the flash-forwards at the end of last season either. This is a long term "They have to tell it right for me to be happy" and I hope that they do that. Flash-Forward part of the finale --> A+

A whole lot happening on the island as well. The first beginning portion was some intense stuff. Sayid versus Keamy (Martin doesn't fit him well) was a great fight scene, best in the history of the show. Loved the Jack / Locke reunion scene as well. They hadn't been together all season long and it was interesting to watch Locke beg Jack to stay, kind of ironic considering he ends up dead because Jack did in fact leave. The Orchid was fun, they didn't do much with it but I didn't really expect them too. I wonder if it will play any part in the future now that Ben has ruined the machine it looks like. I didn't mind Keamy coming back to life, it did at least make sense with the body armor. The entire rescue scene was done amazingly. Jacks minute long speech convincing them that they had to lie was great and very well done. Penny and Desmond = I love this show. They need a happy ever ending, even though Ben's little plan might cause me some unhappy times down the road. But for right now, as much as I love Desmond and his character, him and Penny can sail around forever for all I care.

Onto the things I didn't like. Micheal and Jin dying. Jin I could see, because it has turned Sun into a very interesting character and she wasn't (to me) beforehand. Micheal's comeback is pointless. Walt is now fatherless and motherless, which kind of sucks. He is having a bad year. With a dwindling cast of island characters (Juliet, Sawyer, Miles, Charlotte, Locke, Richard, and hopefully Daniel) Jin and Micheal needed to find a way back to the island and it didn't happen. I'm very upset about his quick exit, I was really hoping that he would stay for another season or so. Like I said, Jin being dead does not phase me at all. Michael is a huge mistake. Desmond, Jin, and Michael scenes on the freighter were also kind of "okay" scenes, nothing there stood out as amazing. Frozen Donkey Wheel = A Frozen Wheel. Wow Damon and Carlton. Just wow. I'll let this slide, but I think they could have come up with a more epic way to move the island. Overall, I think this finale is the third best. Couple of things I didn't like, but am willing to forgive the writers for. Everything about this show is going to be heavily scrutinized with the new flash-forward format. Mistakes stick out like sore thumbs now then they ever did, but for the most part this was a very well done finale and it does a great job finishing off my favorite season of the show to date.
  • I'm not going to review Part 2 because frankly Part 3 was the best part with most of the action!

As the face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue and rescued they are - by Penny! Penny and Desmond are finally reunited...Hold up, I've skipped near the end. Lets rewind a couple hours - real time!

Continuing from Season 3's finale, this feature length episode was absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, a fantastic season finale. I was literally biting my nails through the whole episode. It was nerve-wracking, provided comedy when needed, answers, questions and I always love a good explosion! I was saddened by the death of a good character and felt no emotion for the other two main ones. Walt is huge now!! Anyway, the mystery of the person in the coffin is - Jeremy Bentham but why the hell is John Locke, yes John Locke being referred to as Jeremy Bentham and why the hell do the Oceanic Six have to return to the island? These questions will play on my mind until February. And the moving the island thing was brilliant and the white light effect grom the Season 2 finale was brought back, eh? Come to think of it, the explosion on the boat was like the explosion in the also feature length Season 1 finale! Hmm...the last shot of Locke in the coffin was a dramatic twist and the brief appearance of Claire raises so many questions...
  • Wow!!!

This is a duplicate review to the 2nd part of this episode.

In flashfowards, Jack needs to go back to the island. Walt visits Hurley Sayid takes Hurley out of the institution. Sun meets with Charles. Jack goes to the body of Jeremy, who turns out to be Locke. Ben visits him there and says that if he wants to go back, he has to take everyone back, including Locke.

Keamy takes Ben to the helicopter, where the Others kill Keamy's men. The Others seemingly kill Keamy after he almost kills Sayid. Ben shows Locke where the Orchid station is. Jack and Sawyer take Hurley back. On the freighter, Michael has a way to stall the C4: by freezing it. Desmond and Jin help out. Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Aaron, Hurley, Sayid, Desmond and Frank get into the helicopter to go to the freighter, but fuel is leaking. Keamy finds Ben and Locke. He has to switch to the C4 and if he dies, it will explode. Ben kills him anyways. He then proceeds to move the island. Sawyer jumps out of the helicopter so that they can make it to the freighter. Miles, Juliet, and Charlotte don't want to leave the island. Sawyer gets to Juliet on the island. Locke is the new leader of the Others while Ben moves the island. The boat is about to explode. Michael and Jin are left on it. It explodes and Sun is screaming for Jin. The island disappears while Frank and them try to get to it. They crash in the water, but Penny's boat finds them. The Oceanic 6 go to a nearby island.

This episode was crazy! Everything was so intense! I hope Jin doesn't die. I sort of want Michael to live too. I am so confused though. Where's the island? What happened to Claire? What the heck?!? Okay, well I cannot wait for season 5!! This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
  • On par with last year's knockout!!

Season 4's finale was all we could have hoped for and more. It did not alter the LOST universe like Season 3's finale, but it may have been more informative and more enjoyable. To keep this show fresh, the writers have done an amazing job of moving the story forward by shying away from repeating themselves in the overall feel and style of the show. Season 4 may well be the best of the lot so far. It proved that something good may have come as a result of the writer's strike after all, LOST found itself and we are all the better for it!
  • Action, mystery and a lot of events... all in this episode

When I was writing review for part 2, I realized that part 2 and 3 are so much connected.. it is almost hard separate them.. but as I tried I realized part 2 works mostly for setting up the events for this episode - and for that, we have almost no time wasting. From the first seconds, we have action...

The boat and the bomb. The way the try to solve it and how it ends. Michael's last minutes where rather interesting and I really jumped off my seat when Christian appeared.. It was unexpected.. and the way Jin died... (if he died?) it was rather not so great as there was nothing glorious. Maybe they wanted to change their usual style giving chars a very heroic deaths.. Anyway.. on the Dharma station.. time traveling bunnies and all that.. and then Ben.. if we would not know that he still be around thanks to flashfowards it could be said - another char killed off.. or something like that as he was somehow transformed into very heroic person and those last moment he add in this episode, moving that thing.. and he and Lock before he went.. he was a totally another person than before.. and a char I could like.

And Locke.. I liked this turn with his char - he, now being a leader of the Others.. that was something i was never thinking and I am sure it is going to be very interesting storyline.

Oh, and then the island disappeared.. and the copter crash... ironic maybe.. they tried to get away and crashed.. again.. and when the boat found them and there was name Widmore spoken.. I was thinking, another irony - they are found by the man the least want.. but when it was Penny.. oh.. it was great feeling.. but I was thinking all the time.. Desmond and Frank are still with those who survive.. what will happen with them.. But I was glad to hear nothing bad happened - only good. (oh.. but the moment when Desmond was taken from the water after the crash.. oh.. I was quite sure this is it for him)

And the ending.. I am still not getting that coffin thing.. but I most say - I do not care at the moment.. We have gotten some answers.. a lot of things going on.. and I somehow even feel.. I am so overwhelmed with them all.
  • With explosions, gunfire, mythology and one of the greatest romantic reunions of all time, it is easy to see why Lost continues to be the greatest show on television.

Where do you start on one of the greatest episodes of the series. Locke finally became the leader of the others, Michael sacrificed himself in an attempt to save his friends, the oceanic six escaped and Ben moved the island out of Widmore's clutches, although for how long it is not certain. One thing is for certain however, season five is going to be all about mythology and here's hoping that we will finally be able to understand more about what the island is before we go steamrolling into the final season. Here's hoping that for a Charles Widmore flashback!!!!
  • After the episode was over, I needed an Advil because my head was spinning from collecting my thoughts of everything that had happened within the past hour.

The three hours I watched of Lost on May 29 were some of the most intense hours of my life. Let me just say, everything was there: It was emotional, it was full of surprises, it was action-packed, it was revealing, it was funny, it was... exactly what Lost should be. I cried. I really did. Watching the freighter blow up and kill everybody on it did me in -- especially watching Sun's traumatic reaction to seeing Jin die (kudos to Yunjin Kim for a noteworthy acting moment). And of course, when Christian showed up right before... creepy! Let's just say I thought Michael Emerson was doing his finest work in this episode. Emerson is and has always been tremendous as Ben, but No Place Like Home was tops. He's so mysterious, so scary... such a perfect villain. And the other 3 best moments of the episode? 1) Sawyer's heroic leap into the ocean from the helicopter. Ok, I do NOT support Kate and Sawyer. I'm a die-hard Kate and Jack fan, but when he took off and jumped into the water, I was applauding. Seriously. My equally impressed couch-mate stared at me. 2) Desmond and Penny's reuniting!!! I'll just leave it at that. If you weren't touched, you aren't human. 3) The arrival at Membata. They were clearly so happy, but showing it in a very Lost-esque style, with no jumping up and down. I couldn't have imagined the scene any other way.

Now I can only wait for next fall!!! I might kill myself waiting six months, but at least I have the comfort that we DID find out who was in the coffin after all that build-up. (I was terrified we weren't going to.) Oh my God, it's Locke! Now the question is... how did he get there? Dum dum dum!
  • A landmark in television history, and yet another brilliant twist

We knew things were going to get bad the minute Keamy died; we just didn't know how soon. The helicopter makes it back to the freighter just as he breathes his last, and that canister of liquid nitrogen is just about to run out. Upon their order Desmond leaves the radio, but for some reason, Jin stays behind, maybe because he doesn't want to leave Michael alone.

They plug the leak, and get Sun and Aaron on, and just as Jin starts running towards the exit, they pull out of the chopper. We then see the most heartbreaking moments on the show as Sun watches as Jin raises to the top of the freighter, and a split second later---- KABOOM!! Yunjin Kim gives the most wrenching performance of her career in this episode, from pure hysteria on the helicopter to a dull shock for much of the present, cold and calculating in the flashforward (I'll get to that in a minute)--- she's always been good, but this was Emmy caliber work.

(A side note, before Michael dies, Christian appears and tells him: "You can go now," leaving us to believe that his work was done. Many couldn't figure out what work he had actually done. Now it seems pretty clear that his job was to stay their long enough to make sure everybody on that helicopter got out alive. All were critical to the island, though we won't see why until the last season. As for him hearing the whispers before died, there was a special irony in that, considering his fate.)

Back on the island, Ben is giving Locke his marching orders, while telling him that it's his job alone to move the island. His job involves destroying part of the Orchid, but as was the case with a lot of the Dharma Initiative work, that was only a shell of what was really there. Ben's last few minutes on the island suddenly make the opening part of Ben's flashforward make more sense. He dons a parka, which rips as he climbs down the ladder into the icy reaches of the island. He falls, injuring his knee. Then he pushes as hard as he can on what seems to be a giant frozen wheel. The energy expended throws him out of a wormhole in Tunisia, where he expels cold air, vomits from the journey, and from then on it's all improvisation.

What does this do? Why, it moves the island. It's still not clear whether he moved in space or just in time, but the overall effect was very close to what we saw when the hatch imploded--- a low buzzing fills the air, and the sky turns purple. And seems to cover a pretty big chunk of real estate--- Daniel and the zodiac raft are somehow pulled in with it, the smaller island goes too and it even seems to reach out to the freighter. The big question is, why didn't it touch people in the helicopter, especially if they were so important to the island? I don't think were ever going to get an answer, even now, and maybe it's far less important to the bigger questions. The consequences are immediate--- the helicopter crashes into the ocean, and somehow they manage to survive a water landing--- Frank is a great pilot, after all. Then, in the darkness, another ship, much smaller comes out to find the life raft floating in the ocean., leading to one of the most powerful moments in television history. For it is Penelope Widmore's boat, and as soon as Desmond hears her voice, he leaps out of the raft to get on board. Charles Widmore said that he was beneath Penny, so it makes sense that she runs down a level, and he climbs one in order for them to meet on level ground. This may have been as close to a happy ending as we may get for this epic love story, and even though I love Henry Ian Cusick, there was a big part of me who hoped and prayed that this was the end of his story. I knew it couldn't be--- Ben has, after all, sworn that he would kill her, and you know this is not a promise he would let go, but I wanted, right up to the end that we get one happy ending on a show that has taken so much from everybody.

After this bit, Jack manages to convince everybody that they need to lie in order to protect their friends. It's still not clear why Jack thought this was necessary--- no one would ever believe them, and Charles Widmore, the only man who knew they were lying wouldn't act. But he does it, saying goodbye to Frank (not knowing that they have another meeting scheduled in the future, and a farewell to Des (ditto) and sails off the island in play out the story of the Oceanic 6.

The truth comes in the flashforwards: Sayid comes to rescue Hurley out of Santa Rosa, where he kills a man watching the asylum, and liberates him, telling him "Bentham is dead. This scares the bejesus out of Hurley, and makes him leave his chess game with Eko (not seen, unfortunately). This would seem to indicated that only Hurley could see them, but he still isn't crazy.

Kate has a dream in which she thinks that Aaron is in danger, only to see Claire standing over his bed, saying: "Don't you dare let him have him." We're still not sure who 'him' is but since Aaron was not brought back to the island, it does seem like it's going to be left mute. Still it's hard to believe Kate would willingly go anywhere

The most compelling flashforward involves Sun. She is in London where she has a meeting with Charles Widmore. She tells him flat out that she's been lying to the rest of the world, that they have mutual interests, and most mysteriously--- "we're not the only ones who left the island." That would seem to imply that she knew that Ben was off the island, but why would she want to make a deal with Widmore anyway. Either she considers him the other man responsible for the death of her husband, or Ben is, but neither approach would seem to facilitate making a deal with the devil. Then again, Sun has the least reason to lie.

And then poor Jack returns to the funeral home to see Bentham, and there he encounters the devil himself--- Ben. He tells Ben that things have been going wrong on the island, and that he had to come back. Ben then tell him that the island won't let him come alone --- they all have to go. What is important to understand is that's probably true, but Ben doesn't care about that. What he cares about is him coming back to the island, and if he has to maneuver everyone of the Oceanic 6 to get there--- he'll do it. And considering what he has already done to the man in the coffin--- John Locke, we know how ruthless he is willing to be. But even he doesn't understand the repercussions of what he's going to do.

As Season 4 ended, it seemed clear that the surviving passengers of Oceanic 815--- those still on the island and those back home--- are all part of a much larger game. At the time we thought that the players in this game were Ben and Charles Widmore --- the last scene of 'The Shape of Things to Come' certainly seemed to imply that, and later episodes in the series would follow that idea. What we didn't realize is that Ben and Widmore would appear to be pieces as well--- bishops and castles instead of pawns, perhaps The island has plans for all of them, and it seems that not even death can stand between them and what the island wants. At this time, it was hard to imagine what the series could do next, considering the flashbacks and flashforwards had been exhausted. As usual, I had been underestimating Cuse and Lindelof.
    This episode puts the end on what has been one of the most explosive seasons of the show so far, but as we can tell, the island itself hadn't even begun to reveal all of it's secrets. We've gone pretty far from home, but next season the island itself will put itself front and center. As we close in on the end, it's getting close to being epic.
    My score:10
  • This was MIND BLOWING

When it comes to Lost, you have to have high expectations. After all, in four seasons, the show has managed to cultivate, maintain, and excite a rabid fan base of millions. Not only is the writing witty and intriguing, but the over arching plot is constantly teetering on that fine line between complete unbelievable sci-fi, and the what-if reality of drama.

Because of this, the direction that the season finale "There's no Place Like Home" had some big shoes to fill; I for one was worried, but in the end, I was absolutely NOT disappointed. The episode delivered in both emotional and action payoffs. It also answered just enough mystery to satisfy the cravings and started a few new enigmas to keep us hungry.

If for some crazy reason (Linda, I am talking to you), you haven't caught up on this season's episodes on your TiVo, don't read ahead, there will be spoilers.

What if Christopher Walken worked out? You would have Keamy. He is one tough baddie. As expected, the device strapped to his arm was a trigger for the C4 bomb on deck of the freighter. To bad for Michael and company. When Keamy is finally killed by Ben, it blows the whole thing up in a fiery ball of death. When Christian tells Michael "You can go now," he is no doubt referring to the fact that "the work he had to do" is finished. This whole sub-plot brings back a theme of Lost that has been missing for a while - the theme of choices and consequences. Mr. Eko (who was playing chess with Hurley - loved that part), constantly was hammering this theme home. Locke tries to blame Ben for the freighter blowing up - but it was Keemey who killed Ben's Daughter - but it was Locke who lost faith in the "button" and refused to push it alerting the freighter as to the islands whereabouts. The circle could spin back a few more loops, and in the end we find is that destiny and fate, as dictated by the island, are inescapable.

Sawyer reborn. Sawyer baptizes himself in the ocean by sacrificing himself for the Oceanic 6. This wasn't just a plot point. There was some deep symbolism in his submersion into the ocean and then his return to the beach, half naked, as if he had been reborn. His request to Kate, was no doubt about his daughter. Clementine was the last piece of Sawyer that he had to fix. It was obvious (if not a bit disappointing) that Sawyer's trajectory was changing throughout the episodes. His transformation is now complete. Expect to see Sawyer as a real leader and hero next season. Sawyer will be the leader Jack was never able to be.

I hear scary people. There were whispers everywhere this season, and in the Lost season finale, the whispers were a bit confusing. We heard them when Christian appeared with Michael, we heard them when "The Others" attacked Keamy, we heard them on the phone, and when Claire visited Aaron. The whispers that seemed the most out of place was the voice on the phone with Kate. An astute audience member recorded the phone conversation, reversed it, and found out that it says "The Island Needs You. You have to go back, before it's too late." That conversation is directly opposed to the conversation has with Claire about Aaron. So, was the phone call Ben? Locke? Or is Claire not from the island but aligned with Widmore or Abbadon?

Home sweet home. The one that moves the island cannot come back. Those were Ben's cryptic words before he turns the frozen donkey wheel of time traveling bunnies (I made that term up believe it or not). Ben, obviously, was not the first to turn the wheel. I am assuming Widmore did as well. At some point in history, Widmore was on the island and had to turn the wheel, and was banished. That is why he is desperately trying to get back. I would assume that Wiidmore did it for greed and not for protection. That is why he is being punished.

Ben and Charlotte sitting in a tree K-I-S-S… Charlotte is Annie. Annie, for her own protection, was removed from the island at some point. This broke Ben's heart, and Charlotte didn't fare well either. Since that day, Charlotte has been fighting to get back to the island. Miles must know this because he has seen or heard Annie's parents on the island.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. It is obvious now that Ben's popping up in Tunisia was a result of moving the island. He pops up 10 months later. Is it safe to assume that the island also was shifted by 10 months? Was it also shifted to another point on the globe? For Ben, the shift was instantaneous. Did the island experience an instantaneous shift as well, or are they going to live out those 10 months. My guess is that the next season of Lost will focus on those 10 months on the island. It is obvious, because of the markings and runes the frozen donkey wheel of time traveling bunnies, that this time travel business and smoke monster issue are much older than Dharma and maybe even the hostiles. I am hoping that this storyline, the ancient history of the island, will get some screen time. I would love to see the origin of these things, possibly through Richard Alpert's eyes, next season.

The Final Body Count. Michael and Keamy die - probably. There will be other coconut carriers on the freighter that die. What about Jin? I am assuming the Jin lives. This will be a major plot development later as Sun, in desperation, aligns herself with Wiidmore and becomes part of the "bad guys." I am also assuming that Daniel lives. I am not sure which timeline or physical location he will be in. The question hinges on how much of the island moved? If it was the physical island, there is a problem. If it was the island, its surrounding waters, and the island's belongings (the people) then it will be ok.

The island has moved before. It is safe to assume that the Blackrock ship was popped onto the island because the island appeared under it. Did the same thing happen with Mr. Eko's brother and the smuggler's plane? How many people are left off the island because they had to "move it?"

Desmond and Penny. There will have to be some future story dealing with Desmond. Obviously, he will have to hide from Widmore. Heck, he had to hide from Widmore before he escaped the island. I am wondering how Penny and Desmond deal with this very awkward relationship when Penny's father is both fantastically rich, amazingly powerful, and cosmically wise. This will need some good explaining.

Jeremy Bentham. So, Locke was in the coffin. He also changed his name to Jeremy Bentham for obvious reasons. John Locke was a man who died in a plane crash, and was wheel chair bound. Jeremy Bentham was just a kooky bald guy speaking in riddles trying to locate the Oceanic 6. Bentham is also the name of a philosopher who founded Utilitarianism. There has got to be a link there. Locke is trying to get everyone back to the island because of "very bad things" happening. If the past four seasons of Lost don't qualify in Locke's mind as "very bad," then we have some tragedies waiting for us next season.

That is it for the Lost season finale. Next season I expect to see some very bad things on the island, the completion of Sawyer's redemption, Sun's transformation into badness, Ben's kick buttness, and much more about the ancient workings of the island.
  • An Oceanic Six-centric episode.

All things considered, this episode was absolutely amazing! It couldn't have been more perfect if it tried to be. This was definitely one of the best episodes ever of Lost right along with the first two parts of the season four finale. This episode was so action packed and full of excitement, and I absolutely loved that about this episode. I've very sad about the fact that Jin appears to have been killed. I can't believe that Ben moved the island! I was so shocked that he did that the first time I saw this episode. The ending left me with so many questions, and left me wanting so much more, but in a good way. I can't for season five to start so I can find out what happens next. I'm wondering now that Jack is off the island if Juliet is going to assume the role of leader to the remaining castaways on the island. The creators of the show have said that the show will once again be done in a different format like season four did when they started showing flash forwards, and I'm dying to know what exactly they mean by that. The ending of the episode with Locke's dead body in the coffin off the island was absolutely mind blowing and awesome. In closing, I thought that this was an extremely well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved. Season four couldn't have ended any better than it did, and I'm very anxious for season five of Lost to start so I can find out what happens next.
  • And the dead body belongs to...........

We open with Sayid executing a man in a car. We then see him going into a building where he finds Hugo. Hugo leaves with Sayid. The helicopter lands just as they have five minutes until the bomb will go off. So they patch up the helicopter and re-fuel it. Sun manages t get on the helicopter but Jin is not there in not and so the helicopter takes off and we see Jin, Sun is hysterical. The boat then explodes. On the helicopter are just sun Kate, Aaron jack, Hugo, Desmond and Frank. We see Juliet who is still on the island drinking Rum, when she sees Sawyer swimming back to the island. Ben goes under the building into the cold to move the island. Then we have a bright light and a weird noise and then the island simply vanishes. The helicopter then runs out of fuel. As they go down they put on their life jackets and Sayid throws out an inflatable boat. Then they hit the water. Desmond is not breathing as they all get into the boat raft and Jack has to perform CPR on him. He soon comes back round. At night on the boat raft Frank notices that out in the distance is a boat. Jack tells them they are going to have to lie about everything since they crashed onto the island. Kate says they can't pull it off and Jack simply says to let him do the talking. Someone on the boat sees Desmond and they call for Penny, he climbs up the boat to see her and she runs down to met him. They look and each other and then simply kiss. He tells her he loves her and will never leave her again. Jack meets penny as do the rest of the people off of the boat and he tells her it's nice to meet her but they have to talk. We then skip to one week later.
    Jack sets up a little boat for the island people to go, as he put it, home. We at least to anther island so that they can get their stories straight. They make it to the other island and are greeted by the local people. We then skip to the future and see Jack going to a funeral parlour. It's not open so he simply brakes in. The body is of Jeremy. He opens the casket and starts to cry. He is then startled, by Ben, who has appeared. But who is in the casket,......................it turn out to be...............Locke.
    We learnt that Jack spoke to him about a month before his death, and Kate did too. Ben tells him that all of them have to go back. Including the dead body.
  • exciting, awesome, best show ever!

I loved this episode!! So exciting!!
    And I had some predictions half the way through it that were right!!
    I knew Penny's boat would appear!! I didn't think it would rescue the oceanic 6 + frank and desmond, but still, it showed up!!
    When Jack entered the funeral home for the second time I imediatly Locke crossed my mind! In the beginning of the episode I don't remember who sai that Jeremy had told them to lie, so indeed Locke!

Jin is dead! I hate when they kill characters!! I'm sad now (not a lot because Jin was barely showing up)
    Sawyer....what a man! He is the son-in-law my mother always asked! lol - He swan many and many kilometers in open sea wearing jeans and when arrived the island even mocked Juliet! He is awesome!
    Ben is my favorite character! He always have a plan! i wonder what he's trying to do in the 'future' ... Ohh and I was sure he wouldn't care about the people on the boat!
    It seems that Michael is finally dead, although Walt said he's alive! I mean, Christian (Jack's dad, right?) said: "You can go now Michael"

I can't belive they moved the island! I was hoping some cientific explanations, but everything is turning into magic! Well, we still have time but I guess it's all about faith and miracles (not a good answer for me)

Will they go back? How the hell Locke died? What are Jacob, Christina, Claire? Is Hurley really crazy or is he actually playing chess with Mr. Eko?? What Swayer whispered before he jumps? Did Dr. Halliwax live in The Orchid? (his name was written in Ben's coat when he starts to move the island)
    So many questions, no answers and a long long time to wait!
  • Part 3 delivers the woah-s.

I gotta admit to you, the whole island moving sequence was more fitting into Alias than Lost with the frozen enviorment, ancient writings, and island teleportation.

But in Lost, it's not about the actual happening, but rather the consequences of it. Now that we have all the knowledge about the escape, it's easy to understand the actions of the O6.

Now this episode does a mighty fine job with explaining the rescue, and it was pretty jam packed too. Sometimes emotional(Jin, Sawyer), sometimes action packed(the freighter blowing up, island disappearing, helicopter going down), and sometimes really bizarre. Christian showing up for Michael in the last moment? Wow.

That being said, another blah thing(for me) was the death of Michael. I understand he accomplished his mission, but it just kinda sucks that he died right when he came back and redeemed himself. Of course.. redemption is a recurring theme of the show, but I really hated seeing Michael go.

Now, the big twist, cliffhanger, or whatever you want to call it... simply wasn't there, but guess what, not a problem!! I thought the episode's conclusion arc was perfect this way. The conversation between Ben and Jack at the end pretty much sets up season 5. O6 returning on the island, because something's horrible going on there.

The big reveal... I called it in the S3 finale. After the Jack-Locke dialouge at the beginning of the episode I got confirmation. So I wasn't entirely shocked. However, let me say to you that it was still amazing. The way it was revealed - woah.

Another whoa moment was Penny and Desmond finally getting together. I shed some tears, I have to admit. And seeing Henrik(guy from arctic station in season 2 finale) again was a nice touch.

Another whoa moment was Sun's and Widmore's meeting. Would be interesting to see Sun as a villain... but of course this might just be a trick.

Overall, this is just my first impressions-thing, not an in depth review. My opinion on the episode as "just" an episode: amazing. As a finale: satisfying. It definitely was the weakest one out of the 4, but still incredible, definitely the best finale of the year.
  • The world is a fascinating place, but the island is where amazing things happen... Excellent finale

The world is a fasinating place, but the island is where amazing things happen... Excellent finale.

Probably the best episode ever on the show. It seems underatted though. I mean this second hour of the finale. Absolutely amazing, too good to be true.
    The amazing things that happened, all the damn action you could ever encounter, people die (which was sad...) and many mysteries are revealed.
    My one and only favorite scene is the last. We find out who is in the coffin as Jeremy Benthem and what is to be expected in the next season.
    Ben's people came out of hiding and in which John left Ben to go on his path moving the island to a safe place. John was then returned home with the others (Ben's pack).

The whole helicopter scene was terrific, who would have expected Michael to encounter Christian before he died? Jin, well I was upset but none of us can say for sure if he has passed away.
    Finally, the survivors were rescued by Penelope's group off the Season 2 final but it was anything but happiness when Jack told all of them to lie, including Frank and Desmond.

The worst part for me was not Michael's death but the fact that Kate has Aaron in her care. Claire, what the devil has happened to her? The baby was her's god damn it.
    Ben is the best character on Lost. You can see why by watching the complete two-hour finale.
    Keamy sent by Charles Widmore would not give up on killing Benjamin or any of the survivors. His death caused the freightor to explode causing Michael to be killed, possibly Jin as well.
    I just cannot get over Jeremy Benthem as being John Locke. I had to watch this episode twice just to figure out what I was going to write in this review! Ben tells Jack that all of the Oceanic six must all go back to the island and Ben has an idea of how to convince everyone to go through with it.
    But in conclusion, the survivors are being watched... As we saw through Sun and Sayid rescuing Hugo from the mental institute.

Overall, excellent... Enough said. You just read my opinion for goodness sake! Lol
  • And now what ?

With this final episode, just one thing comes to my mind, and now what?? We will still be seeing the other people that staied in the island ? Why the hell they needed to stay there ? Why do the ones that left have to come back ?
    Why was Locke off the island ? What the hell is that island ? What is Jack's father connection to the island ?

To me this finale brought more questions than answers, like most of lost episodes, but i just think they should have answered more things about the island. So for me that was the down side of this episode.
  • The season 4 finale has fundamentally changed the formula/foundations of Lost, more so than any other episode of the series. It will be curious to see where the writers will go. It is a gutsy move on their part, and I applaud them for it.

The beginning of the second half of the season four finale picks up with Sayid visiting Hurley in the mental institution (again, a flashforward). It raises a few questions, who is spying on Hurley, and why? Are the other Oceanic survivors also being followed and spied on? The scene between Hurley and Sayid is a mixture of mystery and humor. The writers waste no time in revealing that Jeremy Bentham is a pseudonym for someone that Oceanic 6 are clearly familiar with. This is a welcome change of pace from the usual "Let's bring something up and explain it in three seasons." Of course, the fact that Jeremy Bentham belongs to a coffin from a season ago seems to contradict that.

To say that the beginning of the last half of the finale is exciting is an understatement, although that in itself is a bit inaccurate. The opening is charged with all sorts of emotion. There is certainly a great deal of emotion present as Jin and Sun are separated when Jin just barely misses the helicopter. The acting on the part of both Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin Kim truly conveys the agony and terror of losing the people you love. After all they had survived and been through, from Sun's father to the plane crash to the island, they are now torn because Jin just missed the helicopter. It is a truly cruel thing to do on the part of the writers, but it works marvelously.

John Locke and Ben's goodbye is also a very touching ending to their relationship, for the time being anyway. What makes it so touching is that for the first time since Ben's introduction to the show, we genuinely feel as though he is being completely sincere with John. The fact that such a sly character is being so sincere is satisfying in and of itself. The fact that John shakes his hand solidifies it as an excellent scene, though a bit rushed in some respects. Ben almost seems to be punishing himself for all his evil deeds by being the one who moves the island. In doing so he will never be able to return to it.

A weak point in the episode is the actual moving of the island, or rather, the helicopter crew's reaction to the island disappearing before their eyes. There is something about the acting and the direction of the scene that simply does not convey the shock of witnessing such a...miraculous, if you will, event. There is no real shocked moment of silence, and the words that are spoken hardly convey genuine shock. It should be interesting, however, to see where and when the Island moved, and how exactly that happened, though I'm not sure I'm a fan of the random underground frozen gear.

Conversely, there is a great moment on the life raft (following the helicopter crash) where the survivors are found by a boat (belonging to Desmond's lover, Penny). Jack, realizing that Locke had been right, becomes persuaded that they must lie about everything that happened on the island. He is initially disbelieving that Locke actually moved the island, which provides some good comic relief from Hurley as he asks Jack if he missed the island disappearing before his eyes.

Nothing in the episode however comes close to the quality of one of the most surprising, genuinely satisfying, and heart warming moments in the season finale...the reunion of Desmond and Penny. What makes their stories on the show and this reunion so great is that these are two very rare characters who are genuinely and completely good people in their hearts. They are victims of their fates, and it is almost an injustice that they were separated. All this makes their reunion a highlight of the episode. As the Oceanic Six leave on their fake journey, there is another touching moment where Jack and Desmond say goodbye. Jack takes Desmond's line from their first meeting in the stadium, telling him that he will see him "in another life." It is one line that brings about a nice sense of closure to their relationship. As with all things Lost, for the time being anyway.

The show ends with Jack breaking into the funeral parlor for the mysterious coffin that everyone had wondered about for a season. The cinematography, direction, and technical aspects lend to a chilling atmosphere in this scene. Before we are even shown who Jeremy Bentham really is, Ben startles Jack, and for a second in there, his voice is actually very much like Locke's. Obviously, Bentham is John Locke. He had visited and told Jack (among others) that bad things had happened since he left, that it was Jack's fault, and that the only way to fix things would be to take EVERYONE who left the island, back to the island, even John Locke's body. Kudos should be given to the writers for not waiting until next century to reveal actually who is in the coffin.

The end reveal of John Locke in the coffin raises very many questions...that will all I hope be answered with the next season. It is a compelling cliff-hanger and it is a powerful end to the best season of Lost since season one.

The finale of season 4 has fundamentally changed the formula and foundations of Lost, more so than any other episode of the series. It will be interesting to see how this will turn out. It is a gutsy move on the part of the writers, and I applaud them for it. Now, why did Coffin Locke not have a scar on his eye?
  • Not the best finale in my opinion, but definitely has left me anticipating more in Season 5.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

How sad it was to watch Sun screaming for the helicopter to go back and pick up Jin. And oh wow, Christian Shepard appearing in front of Michael just as the freighter was about to blow up. If I were Sun, I'd freakin' kick Jack off the chopper. What do you mean it's okay? The dirty work employee of her father's company, the love of her life and the father of her child just died. Jeez. If I was flash-forward Sun, I'd become a cold-blooded-sounding woman as well.

The Orchid is creepier than any other station so far, and it certainly brought me back to the days of The Swan with Locke and Kate first staring down the hole into the hatch. The frozen cave Ben went into to turn the thingy was awesome, although a little a bit too fake for me.

I'm sure Kate's little dream-visit from Claire means much, but I doubt that it does. And when the chopper really did run out of fuel, I really freaked out. But no, they were all alive. Imagine if Desmond had really drowned. How sad that would be for Penny to have them bring her Desmond's corpse. It's a good deal that Frank and Desmond stayed on Penny's boat and the Oceanic 6 as we know them drifted on to some foreign beach.

I think it's a tragic thing, but a real great thing that these people are all brought closer together by disaster. Hurley, Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Sayid are totally different people, yet they know each other so well and trust each so much at this point, that it's touching.

Ben confronting Jack at the funeral parlor was terribly scary. The fact that Sun, Hurley, Sayid and Kate were all not convinced that they should go with Jack back to the island looked hard to swallow. I'm excited to see if and how they manage it. Ben's ideas are always interesting.

But not more interesting than the fact that Locke's corpse must return with them.

So. Sawyer, Juliet, Charlotte, Rose, Bernard and Miles are all still on the beach. Daniel is somewhere out at sea. Locke is leader of Richard and the Others. Claire is with Jacob. Kate, Sayid, Sun and Hurley all seem to be having their own special issues post-island. And Ben and Jack, working together?

Can't wait for season 5. Makes me so proud to have been a fan since the pilot. :)

Oh and WOW, almost forgot to mention the island disappearing. WHAT a trick that was. I really, really wanna see how the writers explain it in the coming seasons.
  • Who is Jacob? - major speculative spoiler

In the episode where John Locke gets shot by Ben, and where earlier he hears Jacob asking him for help, if you freeze the picture where the face of Jacob is partially and furtively shown, I was very surprised with the resemblance.
    At the end of this finale I now think it is true.
    So who is Jacob?
    I wonder if the makers of Lost have an alternative script, but the treatment of the John Locke character reminded me of Gilbert Gosseyn in The world of Null-A by AE Van Vogt, where in his books, he explores general semantics and its possible applications in organizing human life. The hero Gosseyn, like John Locke is looking for answers about his world, finds out also like John Locke that in fact he is the architect of his world.
    In other words:
    John Locke = Jeremy Bantham = Jacob, and yes the flashing face in the shadows of the person sitting on the chair inside the haunted house is none but that of John Locke / Jeremy Bantham...
  • GROUND BREAKING!

CRAZY AWESOME is just an understatement to this episode. The episodes of this season has posed as mini movies; that is how good the episodes are! This season has been nothing BUT pure non-stop excitement, and these previous episodes have proved to be the most powerful, emotional, and AMAZING yet. And because of them, Lost is now my second favorite Television series. Just when you think you know what is going to happen, you have no idea! Ben Linus must have a million tricks up his sleeve on the island, and his decision to leave the island doesn't have to be his last trick on the island! Can't wait for the next season!
  • Season 4 finale shocker.

So I finally got to see that 3 hours finale of Lost season 4. First off, the season was brilliant and lived up to the hype as far as I am concerned. There is so much to tell in it. The island was indeed move, it felt odd at first but then I re-watched it and loved it. Yeah yeah, lost is getting even more Sci-fi but who cares when it still delivers such shocker.The ending was WOW! I know a lot theorized on it but I was shocked to see Locke is that casket. We learn why the Oceanic 6 were lying and why JAck wanted to go back. Season 5 is still far away but everything looks promising, very promising.
  • The best episode ever! The questions are answered, with more new questions. Awesome!

Amazing double episode, and I have to say that it is the best of the whole season of Lost. I am not so sure about what happened to the island, I mean, who it could be possible.... they moved the entire island to another place to make this unfounded!, it is amazing!

The best part of this, of course, as always is the end of the episode, that make us wonder what is gonna happen next season. Are the six of oceanic came back to the island?, could they find it at all?, what is doing Jack´s father alives,what bag things happens to the rest of the people in the island, and the big question to me, why is Lock dead? I can´t wait to see next season.
< 1 2