Lost

Three Minutes

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 17, 2006 on ABC

• Awesome.

Michael convinces Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley to help him rescue Walt. At the double funeral for Ana Lucia and Libby, Sayid tells Jack his worry that Michael has been compromised by the Others. Flashbacks reveal Michael's time being held captive by the Others, during which he made a deal to release Henry and trade Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley for Walt. Sun spots a sailboat floating towards the beach. Wow - amazing episode. I love Michael, I loved watching what happened to himwhile he was gone amazing storyline, I loved every minute of it - one of my favourite scenes was when The Others had Micahel and Kate but we seen it in the Others eyes. I also love the scene with Walt and Michael - I love them both.I love the scene with Claire and Charlie. I love the scene with SAwyer and Jack and Sawyer thinks Jack and Kate had sex - so funny. I love the funeral scene too. Amazing ending by the way.
  • Can Someone Shoot Micheal in the Heart? >=((

We have in this episodes, answers to anticipated questions such as the death of Ana Lucia and Libby -- Now we know that Libby's death was a mistake but Ana's death was so totally unfair -- Michael had to kill her to let Henry Gale go so that they can give back to him, his son, and make a trade. Ommmmgggggggg this just made me so mad and made me hate Michael even more... it shouldnt had to cost Ana Lucia's life to save his stupid little brat son. >=((

Will miss AnaLibby and haateeee Michael forever!!! Anyways besides annoying Michael, it was awesomee seeing Claire & Charlie back together.

And at the end, there was the boat that Michael wanted from the others....leading up to an umbelievable Season Finale -- cant wait! :)
  • Just enough time to get a horrifying look

Walt's been missing, save for the occasionally mysterious flash, since the beginning of Season 2, and Michael disappeared into the jungle after him in 'The Hunting Party', which for the first time we are given a date of reference for--- 13 days ago. We've had no idea what has happened to either for the bulk of the season, and Michael's actions in 'Two for the Road' muddied the waters even further. Now, in this episode, we finally learn some of what happened, and a little about the Others -- and what we learn is surprising.

First, what should've seemed obvious earlier is now clear---- Michael was mislead when he was looking at the computer. Someone (perhaps at the Pearl station) lured Michael out with fake directions. When he showed up, 'Mr. Friendly' and a rough looking fellow named Pickett were waiting for him, and took him prisoner. It's hard to tell how many of the Others grabbed him, cause we only see three Pickett, Friendly, and the dark-haired girl from 'Maternity Leave'--- who is identified as Alex. We're still not clear what her role is, but it's interesting that she is the only one who treats the castaways with compassion. She doesn't go along with bringing out Kate when she catches up with them, and her one violent action--- hitting Michael in the head with her gun--- is preceded by an apology. Why is she given this freedom? We're still not clear.

Turns out Michael's description of the village was accurate--- small huts by the water, two guys standing guard by a door, salted fish. What Michael doesn't know is that this wasn't their only hideout, and it was a false front. There still seems to be some kind of hierarchy among the Others, and right now the woman in charge is Miss Klugh, a straightforward, condescending torturer who keeps Michael and Walt apart. She then asks some pertinent questions about Walt, which I would go into detail with, except that Walt's not really going to be a factor in the series not longer. They do seem to be implying that he has some kind of telepathic ability (which we already knew) and still doesn't answer how he was able to manage to project himself and why. No explanation here either.

They keep Michael apart from Walt till the end of the episode (which is roughly a week later) and the scene between the two is heartbreaking. We can tell Michael really did believe that his son was dead. Michael can not touch or talk to his son privately, and his assurances are so pathetic sounding that Walt has to comfort him. What he hears, and seems to even more shocking about the supposed torture Walt was being put through. (This we'll actually learn something about in Season 3) By the end, it's pretty clear that Michael would walk through fire to save his sons life--- which is pretty much what he's done. They want him to save the man in the hatch, and bring four people--- Kate, Jack, Sawyer, and Hurley. (If they wanted these people before, why not take Jack, Sawyer and Kate prisoner when they had them at gun point? And if they wanted Locke--- granted 'Henry' isn't the most reliable source of information--- why not ask for him? We won't get a clear idea until season 3, and even then, it's pretty vague.) Back in the present, Michael's behavior is irrational and panic-stricken. It's hard to believe that Jack would not have noticed how strange he's acting or the people he wants to come with, but he chalks it up to the behavior of a panic-stricken. He also lessens his rigid leading posture, and acts more democratic. Right idea; wrong time. Two men see through the facade. Eko, who has returned to the hatch like he said he would in the last episode, and has his first real conversation with him. He tells a subtle parable about an incident that happened when he was in a parish in England, which means, just like with 'Henry', he has seen through the false faces Sayid also sees through the smokescreen, when he isn't asked to join the army, and realizes that he has been compromised. His reaction is more pointed--- he wants to find a way to get at the Others.

We also see Charlie for the first real extended period since he went out with Sayid and Ana looking for 'Henry's' balloon to see that he is trying to earn redemption, but like everything else he's done this season, it seems ham-handed. First, he takes a vaccine and gives it to Claire, trying to earn forgiveness--- without talking to Jack first. Then, he shows his mean streak when Eko--- who has abandoned the building of the church to take up residence in the hatch--- with disdain and ill humor. Finally, he comes face to face with the statues filled with heroin, and manages at last to overcome the monkey that he's had on his back the last few weeks. (It's also significant that Locke sees this). The main thing people do during this episode is plan and mourn in there own ways. Sawyer's helps plan a chance to 'kill some people' as he puts us, but also opens up to Jack, and admits he screwed Ana Lucia, and that the good doctors the closest thing he has to a friend. Hurley takes the loss extremely hard, and seems defeated for most of the episode, and his intent to come along the hunt for Walt may indicate he needs a purpose (or maybe that they've awakened the sleeping giant) Sayid and Jack try to find a way to use Michael's behavior to his advantage. And the island's disciples--- Locke and Eko--- both stand apart from the funeral. Eko, even though he knew Libby and Ana longer, thinks that he now has a higher purpose, while Locke, perhaps feeling ashamed in what he assumes is his part in their deaths, watches from a distance. (Perhaps the island is giving him a purpose, though--- by the end of the episode his injured leg has healed.)

But by far the most significant event of 'Three Minutes' occurs at the very end, when a sailboat appears on the horizon. The castaways will not find rescue from the boats occupants--- not yet, anyway--- but the boat will signify a critical factor, not just for the season finale, but for the series as a whole.
    My score:8.5
  • Great Setup and Interesting Flashbacks!!!!

Logic/Details - » This episode should be more slower and dedicated a little to the deaths and Michael, this was the mindset for this episode. Also they made all the setups.

The writers use another perspective to show us what happened in the other side in episode 11. Michael attitude make logical sense, but no one of the Others said to him about killing other people on the island. His flashbacks are simple, but interesting, his best flashbacks to date.

Finally someone notice the strange Michael Behavior, since Jack is so driven by the recent events and the desire to delivery payback., so he´s blinded, make a little sense.

Progress -» There is not any type of that advances a lot, just setups and some explanations. The objective here was deliver Michael Flashbacks, arrange all the trope that will go with Michael, and make Sayid suspicious about Michael.

Emotions/Stimulation/Highlights -» This episode has many highlights scenes. For example: 1 – Michael Flashbacks (curiosity and satisfaction + drama), 2 – The Funeral (Sadness), 3 – interactions: Michael and Eko, Jack and Sawyer, Miss Klugh and Michael, Walt and Michael.

Ending - » good and very mysterious.

Overall - » This setup is very good and created some great emotional moments, curiosity because of Michael flashbacks and a ending that make you want more.
  • Todo sobre mi hijo

Michael nos cuenta qué fué de él al salir a buscar desesperadamente a su hijo Walt. Obviamente los otros lo habían agarrado buscándolos. Lo llevan a su campamento (tan rudimentario...?) y lo interrogan acerca de su hijo. (Paréntesis) Me pregunto: si "The Others" la tienen tan clara respecto a vida y obra de cada uno cómo es que no sabían que Michael apenas conocía a su hijo? (Cierro paréntesis).
    Estos lo obligan a volver al campamento y a traer a 4 de los "buenos" vaya a saber uno para qué... Para tener una excusa por la cual liberar a Henry mata a Ana Lucía y todo lo que ya vimos. Merece la horca? No creo.
  • The reasons for Michael's betrayal are revealed but this episode is not much more than a glorified set-up for the events of the finale.

7.2
    As a set-up episode "Three Minutes" works very well.It is no Exodus Part 1 but it does manage to set-up the finale in a way that doesn't feel like filler. It answers questions and strongly hints at others. Walt tells Michael that theyare pretending, which is something that we have suspected since watching "Maternity Leave". There are more references to Walt's "special" talents. Ms. Klugh asked Michael if Walt has appeared in a place he shouldn't have been, which references his appearances to Shannon in the first half of the season. This hints that it is NOT the Others that orchestrated his appearances to set-up Shannon's death. They seem as amazed and confused by Walt as Michael and everyone else.
    Aside from Michael's island flashbacks not much happens in this episode and is the half of the episode which deems it at least partly filler. There are several nice character moments, including Sawyer admitting to Jack that he is the closest thing he has to a friend.
    Because of the lack of events I don't have that much to say. Despite all that happens in Michael's flashback it still leaves things up in the air, some of which should be resolved in the next episode.
    I enjoyed this episode but it wasn't the strongest and at times felt a little like one of the episodes from earlier in the season. The momentum has improved since then, and even an episode like this can't stop the increasing momentum. As with Season 1, the events from Season 2 should come to a rousing and explosive head. Here's hoping!
  • We have a flashback marathon with what was happening to Michael, when and why. We have others that are real pleased to see Michael back, whilst others are worried, Charlie tries to get back into Claires good books.

We have flashbacks telling us the story of Michael, from the moment he went and locked Jack and Locke in the armoury, right upto the present day of trying to get a mini posse back to attack the people that took Walt. His rash rush at going after Walt, based on a computer typed message after all. We find out that he was captured prior to Kate on the night that they went tracking Michael. What we also find out is that Alexander, Danielle's daughter, is still alive and is one of the good ones in the group of the others.

We see Michael time in the captives hands, how he had blood taken on his arrival into the camp, how he was treated well, but questioned over and over again until they were through with him and they gave him very little choice regarding his forthcoming actions.

Sayid begins to suspect something when he volunteers his services to Sawyer regarding joining the posse, only to have Michael throw his teddies out of the cot, then later on for Michael to approach Sayid and tell him thank you but your services aren't really needed on this one.

Sayid relays his fears to Jack that he has been turned and that Michael has a hidden agenda, they both watch him real close as the funerals for Ana and Libby take place, which after words are given, is temporarily forgotten about as Sun points out a boat out at sea, adrift and comin their way.

There is still alot of unanswered questions, we think we know some of them, but it is leding up to be a real good double headed finale
  • cool

Michael convinces several castaways to help him rescue Walt. At the double funeral for Ana Lucia and Libby, Sayid tells Jack his worry that Michael has been compromised by the Others, Sun spots a boat on the horizon as the funeral comes to an end. Flashbacks reveal Michael's time being held captive by the Others.
    Great episode with many twists and turns like at the end with the boat and Sayid suspecting Michael on betraying them.
    This was a very enjoyable episode and it was a good build up for the finale. This episode had one of my favourite lost endings a great episode.
  • "My name is Miss Klugh", who cares? Lol, it was an awesome set up for the final.. outstanding episode

"My name is Miss Klugh", who cares?
    Lol, it was an awesome set up for the final.. outstanding episode.

Definitely better than the previous and in which I enjoyed this very exciting episode. Maybe not so much action but for sure it was interesting, and I mean very...
    Michael will do whatever it takes to get Walt back, even if it's Jack, Kate, James and Hugo's life being put at risk. Michael is alright. He is a good actor, but Michael himself has lost a lot of points for me due to his choices. Nice to see Claire and Charlie happy with each other again. The whole flashback sequence was awesome. Miss Klugh is a complete disaster, sounds like we're going back to Junior school here. She sucks, I hate that woman. The worst person on this episode was not Michael, but Kate. She's like a damn bodyguard to her mates. She's got a big mouth. "Michael, come on", or "MICHAEL!". She buts into everything like on Fire + Water with Charlie asking to speak with Claire... Kate, just pushes him away.

The whole flashback completed the missing parts and made it clearer. Answers were given, more mysteries coming and it was the one episode worth the wait. Now, the funeral was very emotional. Sawyer finally announced his car for Ana-Lucia, she will be missed. Lastly, a boat is seen a few metres of shore, what is it?
    Stay tuned for the awesome 2-hour season finale next time.

Overall, like I said before, it was a revealing episode. But hell interesting.. I loved it.

"My name is Miss Klugh", who cares?
    Lol, it was an awesome set up for the final.. outstanding episode.

Stay tuned for the awesome 2-hour season finale next time.

• A Michael-centric episode.

All things considered, I have to say that I really liked this episode an awful lot. It was really interesting getting to see flashbacks of what's happened to Michael during the time that he was away from the rest of the group. I also really liked the interaction between Charlie and Claire in this episode. I also just loved Charlie and his storyline in general in this episode. I really liked Hurley's eulogy for Libby at the funeral. I thought it was very touching, and I thought that Jorge Garcia's delivery of it was perfect. In my opinion, the ending of this episode was very exciting. In closing, I thought that this was a really great episode in every possible way, and after seeing this episode, I can't wait to watch the season two season finale so I can find out what happens next.
  • Walt!

There are flashbacks going to when Michael headed into the jungle to look for Walt. He is captured by "the Others" and can't see Walt. When he does finally see Walt, it's brief. "The Others" tell him to free the prisoner and to bring four people to them: Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley, then Michael can get Walt back.

Michael tries to start a party to go get Walt. Of course, he wants it to be only Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley and him. Sayid suspects that Michael is lying about everything. They have a funeral for Ana Lucia and Libby. Eko isn't building the church anymore because of the button. Charlie is angry. Vincent brings Charlie the heroine, so Charlie throws it all into the ocean. Locke ditches his crutches.

This episode was so great! I loved seeing Walt again. I really don't like Michael. Go Sayid! He pretty much figured it all out! This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • Lots of setup, but the flashbacks still manage to move the story forward.

Finally we get the Michael flashback we've been hoping for since Two For The Road. It's similiar to Maternity Leave(on island flashbacks) and, to be honest, I actually liked these ones more. We see what happened to Michael while held being captive in the others' camp. The present storyline was mostly set up for the war happening in the finale. It was exciting, though very slow paced. This episode ensured that everything would go all well and quick in the finale, so I'm willing to forgive that. I loved Sayid figuring out Michael's compromised. Wasn't very hard based on Michael's strange behaviour(why didn't anyone suspect him?). Sayid is still the smarterst character, despite how much he's became a backround figure nowadays. Ultimately, this episode gets the job done, and more. A much better setup episode than previous season's Born to Run.
  • Michael's Quest

This was another episode that bored me to death. I dont need to see a whole episode of Michael running through the woods looking for Walt. I think it was wrong for Michael to lead the others (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley) into a trap, but i guess he did what he had to do for his son. Sayid, on the other hand is not dumb and can tell that Michael is hiding something. The best part of this episode was the cliff hanger at the end when Sun spots a boat off in the water. This was not one of my favorite episode.
  • Great episode.

• This episode explains what happened to Michael when he went searching for answers about Walt's whereabouts.

A well written episode, that helps us to understand why Michael murdered Ana Lucia and Libby. He did it because he was captured by "The Others" and they told him to go to the hatch and free their man, Henry. I guess Michael saw the opportunity to set Henry free and acted upon it. I do however disagree with his decision, he could have found another way. He could have just told Jack that they wanted to make a trade Henry for Walt. But still lied about things to convince Kate, Sawyer, Jack, and Hurley to go to their camp.

This episode was nice and we learned that Locke doesn't want to push the button, but Eko still feels that he must. I hope in the Season finale the button doesn't get pushed. I also wish that Sun finds out that Charlie is the one that grabbed her, and I think the truth must be revealed about Michael murdering Ana Lucia and Libby.

At the end when we saw the boat, was it empty? Was it the boat that Michael wanted in exchange for the 4 people? I think Michael will take only Walt on the boat. Which in my opinion is a mistake, he even said when they took Walt from the raft that it was his fault and he should have never brought Walt on it. But on the other hand it is a boat which is a lot better and it would be a lot more safer. I have no idea what will happen next episode but I am very excited.

Lost is a great show that I often do find hard to understand, but watching it was a great experience. I just hope that I can watch the Season 3 episodes before the DVD release. Great episode, great show. Period.
  • "Walt, I'm gonna get you out of here!...I love you, too, Walt!"

Michael's last flashback is incredibly sad, and really forces the audience to think of everything that he's done since arriving back at the camp in a new light. I personally still have a ton of sympathy for Michael, and have completely forgiven him for what he's done. Among fans, though, I am in the minority, but I'll definitely try and explain my reasoning here. There's a lot of redemption in this episode, and a lot of conning going on as well. It serves as the perfect prequel to the season finale.

Michael's story on the island is one of a crisis of conscience. One part of him wants to confess everything and beg forgiveness from the Losties, and is sincerely sorry for what he has done. The other side of him is desperately trying to convince the right people, and only those people, to come with him to the other side of the island, knowing that if he succeeds, he'll get his son back. The scene between Michael and Eko is a great one, and is a perfect metaphor for what Michael's going through. Eko talks about a kid who was afraid of what would happen to him in the afterlife, so he was trying to weasel out of something bad he'd done. Michael is in the same position. He's done something that is terrible, and is sincerely sorry, but the scene makes you wonder-is Michael just worried about what will happen when he's caught, or is it genuine? The fact that both characters are mopping up blood while talking about this is also an excellent touch. Notice that Eko is the one cleaning it up-he's the one wringing the blood out of the towel. This is another great metaphor for what's really going on-Eko has had blood on his hands in the past too (literally, as we'll see next season), but he's able to be rid of it and wring it out of his life. Michael, however, leaves the hatch to vomit. He's unable to get rid of the blood, and knows that what he's done will follow him forever.

The rest of Michael's actions start to go downhill. The episode begins looking like it'll be a great examination of his character, but only the scene with Walt at the end really continues that. The rest of the episode features Michael attempting to convince Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley that only they can succeed in getting Walt back. The thing I like about this storyline is that we see that Michael makes a very poor con man. How none of the other characters picked up on what's really going on is beyond me, as Michael might as well have been wearing a big sign that said "Hey, I'm guilty! I did it!" You'd think that at least Sawyer and Jack would have figured out what was going on, not just Sayid. Michael is screaming at people and losing his head when he finds out that Hurley won't come, or that Sayid wants to come. Sawyer's an experienced con man, and should be able to tell when someone's lying. Likewise, Jack's a doctor, and if anybody other than a military/police-officer-type person could tell if a person is lying, it's a doctor. Therefore, this episode inadvertently makes a couple of the characters hopelessly dumb, although maybe it's the audience's omniscient point of view that makes us think this. After all, look at Sun and Jin reacting to the bodies. It's a complete shock. To the audience, however, it's old news, and doesn't really get to us. Ergo, maybe Jack and Kate and Co. are so angry (as Klugh says) that they just aren't seeing straight.

The flashbacks are also excellent, and provide a great insight into The Hunting Party, one of the mediocre episodes this season. We learn the source of Michael's shots, and see the other side of "Zeke's" conversation with our guys. A lot of things are great about the flashbacks. First of all, the shot of "Zeke" suddenly standing behind Michael is a great one, and it definitely makes me jump every time I see it (How'd he get there?!). There's also the introduction of Pickett. I like this character simply because he seems like an average Joe Other. He's not physically frightening, like Ethan and Goodwin-he could probably throw a few punches, but doesn't seem like he could kill you with a finger. He doesn't have a booming voice and silent menace about him like "Zeke," which is probably why he stays in the shadows. He's also nowhere near as mysterious as Klugh or Fenry. He's just a normal guy, putting in an honest day's work as an Other, if that can be called honest. Michael Bowen plays him to perfection, and he remains to this day one of my favorite Others. There's also another look at Alex, who we know is Rousseau's daughter now. It must have been a shock to Michael to hear that she knew all about Claire, although once again, it's old news to the very smart viewer. Going to the Others' camp is also a great experience, as it's the first time we've actually seen where the Others live. Miss Klugh asks Michael all about Walt, and they're the exact same questions that the attorney asked him in Adrift, way back at the beginning of the season (Walt's first words, are you his father, etc.). Her last line is even the exact same as the attorney's: "For someone who wants his son back so badly, you sure don't seem to know a lot about him." It's terribly unfair, as it's not Michael's fault that he wasn't around. It's also unfair to assume that love is as simple as knowing trivia about another person. I don't know the first words of people I love, but it doesn't mean I don't love them.

The most heartbreaking scene of the episode, though, and I think one of the most heartbreaking in Lost history is when Walt is brought into the cabin. Harold Perrineau puts in one of the top 3 performances in show history in that flashback, from when he's screaming for his son to be brought in to when he finally gives in to Klugh's demands. The fact that she's manipulated the whole situation is even more impacting. She mentions Walt's outside casually, so that Michael will naturally ask to see him. She also doesn't say anything about his task before Walt arrives, so that there's no way he can refuse. Giving Michael only three minutes puts added pressure on him, as he knows he won't have enough time to talk to his son, to comfort him, so he's already anxious when Walt is brought in. Then, when he hears that the Others are making his son take tests, and that they're pretending to be something they're not, it completely tears him in half. He doesn't get his three minutes, and Walt is dragged out of the room yelling, "I love you!" Michael just sits and sobs, which is terribly sad as it is, but the fact that Klugh has no expression on her face and simply writes down the names as if it's a shopping list and seems coolly indifferent throughout makes it even sadder. It furthers our hatred of the Others, and always redeems Michael 110% for me. As I said, a lot of people haven't forgiven Michael, but I think that if your child was taken from you and then you had that scene occur in your life, you'd kill people you barely know and free a man you completely don't know to get that kid back. Another thing about Michael that redeems him for me is his description of the camp-it's exactly right. Every detail he gives Jack is exactly how it is, so the only thing he didn't mention is his mission and seeing Walt, which is clearly just too painful. Therefore, when Jack plans out his strategy, the only thing he doesn't know is that they're expected. It's not like Michael told him the Others are living in the tops of trees, so that Jack only brings rifles and has to fashion a ladder that's cumbersome or something terribly wrong like that. Everyone genuinely knows where they're going and what could happen, so aside from Michael deceiving everyone about what the Others know, he's being completely honest.

But enough about Michael, there are other characters on the island too! There's a great scene between Jack and Sawyer, which is a mirror of the scene in Exodus-Part 1. Sawyer admits that Jack is the only friend he has on the island, and it's a pretty moving moment, as Sawyer seems genuinely saddened by what's happened, and especially upset that Ana's gone. The line, "At least now we've got somebody to kill" is exactly what Miss Klugh had told Michael would happen-the Losties would be too angry to think straight, and would only be focused on revenge. Michael asked Sayid if he only wanted to come to get back at Fenry, and Hurley is only going to avenge Libby's death. Anger is a dangerous thing-it clouds the mind and forces people to make bad decisions, and the Losties need to be as level-headed as possible now that they're approaching the Others. Sawyer's going with his gut instinct-he hands a gun to Sayid without thinking about what Michael wants, somehow unaware that Michael's acting strangely. Sayid, meanwhile, figures things out immediately, and in true Sayid fashion tells Jack exactly what's going on, and he's absolutely right. I love the moment when Jack wonders if it's true and Sayid mentions that Jack didn't believe him about Fenry, and now he's gone.

Meanwhile, Eko has moved into the hatch fulltime, and is going to press the button. His scenes in this episode are great, and Adewale plays them perfectly. I love the way he says "I will mourn them in my own way" when Jack tells him about the funeral. He might as well be saying "I've got more important stuff to do than stand around up there." The first time he presses the button is great-I love the expression on his face. He also decides to stop building the church, which angers Charlie. The scene between the two starts out funny enough, but soon turns nasty on Charlie's part. Once again, the people he's come to respect and think of as close to him have moved on, and he's left behind. It's a fairly nasty scene on Charlie's part, but the rest of the episode is pretty good to him (I'll get to that in a moment). It's unclear just what Locke is thinking at the moment. He lost what was left of his faith in the last episode, and is now sitting staring into the surf, contemplating what he discovered in the Pearl. At the end of the episode, he cuts the splint and stands up, walking away with just a little limp. I love the fact that he steps on top of the crutches, showing that he's done with them, and crutches are beneath him. However, it seems odd to think that he's regained his faith, therefore his ability to walk. It's more likely that he's decided exactly what he's going to do, and is going to let nothing stop him-taking control of his destiny, as Michael might say.

Charlie completely redeems himself for me in this episode, although a lot of other people disagree. Aside from the pretty repulsive behavior he exhibited to Eko, he's downright peachy for the rest of the episode. It's always been unclear to me why Claire so willingly takes the vaccine that Charlie offers, but she left her sick baby alone for the day, so she isn't exactly Mother of the Year. It's a nice gesture on Charlie's part, though, and he doesn't push anything. He says hi to Aaron, Claire asks him what he's there for, and he gives her the box. It looks like he's about to say something afterwards when he's interrupted by Michael's return, but we'll just ignore that. It's quite easy to feel for Charlie in this episode, especially once Eko has abandoned him. He's trying to continue building the church, which shows (me, at least) that he thinks it's genuinely important, and wasn't just doing it so he had someone to talk to. It's sad seeing him struggle, but maybe he deserves it. Then, of course, there's the heroin. Vincent drops one of the statues at his feet, which is pretty funny in itself, especially seeing how happy the dog appears to be. Charlie's led to the rest of his stash, the last thing that Sawyer still has from The Long Con (he gave up the meds in a previous episode, and hands over the guns in this one). Then, Charlie goes up to the sea and hurls the statues away. It's a redemptive moment for him-he knows the devastation heroin caused for him in England, and he remembers what it's done to him on the island, so he gets rid of the statues, no questions asked. It's a great image, Charlie on the rock, and made even better by the great editing in evidence-rapid cuts every time he throws one of the statues. It's no "wheelchair reveal," but it's something that I always enjoy. My favorite part of the scene is the last statue that he holds. Charlie, and the audience, knows it's the last one on the island. The plane has been burned, and the heroin gone up in smoke. The rest of Charlie's stash is gone, either broken, used on Libby, or in the sea. We all think that Charlie might hang on to just one of the statues-and then he throws it farther out to sea than any of the others. It's a great sequence, and Dom Monaghan plays it well.

Lastly, there's the funeral. This is the third time there's been a funeral for main characters. Boone's funeral was all right, but lacked a lot of emotional impact, since no one really knew him, and the person who did didn't speak. Shannon's funeral was terribly sad, and it'll be hard to top. It looks like it won't be-Jack bids farewell to Ana-Lucia, and it sure doesn't sound like he cares too much. Then it's Hurley's turn. In another of the saddest scenes of all time (this episode pack a punch, doesn't it?), Hurley bids farewell to Libby, and it's terribly hard for him. The reason this scene is so terribly sad is that it's Hurley saying the stuff. Crying and sadness gets less impacting the more we see it. Jack and Locke and Kate are constantly getting upset, and it's starting to wear the audience down, to the point where we really don't care. But Hurley's normally so happy, and he was so happy, and to see him so emotionally shattered and so lost is incredibly moving, topping Shannon's funeral for me. Of course, nothing lasts very long on Lost, and just as Hurley agrees to go with Michael does another strange event occur. Sun only uses one word to describe it, but it's all we need: "Boat." Who's on it? Is it rescue? Could it be the Others? We'll have to wait for the last episode of the season to find out.

This is definitely a terrific episode, and like Exodus-Part 1, contains more of the emotional wrap-up to the season. The next episode will definitely be dramatic and moving, more so than the first season's finale, in my opinion, but this episode is really where most of it comes from. Three Minutes succeeds from every angle-it's dramatic, it's mysterious, it gives answers, the flashbacks work, the characters that appear all have a purpose and aren't pointless, and the ending is excellent. It's the perfect lead-in to the perfect finale.
  • great episode

Michael convinces Jack and a number of the oceanic flight survivors to help him find walt from the others. Locke takes the opportunity to learn what's inside the hatch. This is a really exciting episode, so much happens within the hour, it's a slow paced drama, but the scenes are so fluid that you don't feel that it's slow. You feel movement, it never gets dull. The scenes were well directed, the actors really did their stuff and acted like they really are living through this fictional universe. It's so exciting, this episode takes us closer to the end, and the anticipation is very exhilarating.
  • Review

I really enjoyed the flashbacks in this episode, as we were introduced to some of the others. Im sure the writers wanted to keep there real identities until Season 3 or so, but it was cool to see what was going on when Locke, Jack, and Sawyer were trying to hunt down Micheal. I like seeing a different perspective from a scene that we have all ready scene and thats no different here. I thought the island scenes themseleves were pretty filler - with Sayid pitching the idea that Micheal has been talked to by the others, which is going to lead to some kind of confrontation among the losties in the next episode. I think that the funeral of Libby and Ana Lucia was short, mainly because we have all ready scene several death scenes while being on the island. The end of the episode seems was interesting, leaving us with a cliffhanger of who is in the boat. I dont see how it could be anyone else but Desmond, but we will have to wait and see...
  • & soon there is a boat.

Michael...Michael...Michael,
    We learn in this episode what happened in those 13 days Michael went missing. It appears that the "Others" were doing some sort of test on Walt, and soon Michael was asked if he was the biological father of Walt, then blood was taken from Michael. (DNA test?)

Well anyways Michael is doing anything he can to get Walt back. Including murdering and the possibility of his friends getting murdered or tortured by the "others" in some sort of way. We also see Alex, Danielle's daughter, and back in the episode "Maternity Leave" we know she is actually good and saved Claire's life, she also some kind of tried to save Michael's and Kate's during one of the flashbacks.

Oh, and a boat is coming to the rescue at the end? Rescue? or ATTACK?
  • Why was it Sayid only?

6.1
    I mean honestly. Micheal is running around screaming at his friends giving them orders and does in no way appear sane. And noone except for Sayid seems to see that. Kate maybe felt that something is wrong too but I don't really think that she questioned him in any way. Also, if I would go to wipe a town of my foes why would I order to take the (sorry!!) fat (sorry!) guy with me? We are talking about a walk that is like two days and I take the one that seems to be uninterested in any kind of sport but I despise the man with the jesus stick that is like 10 feet tall and I also avoid taking the one guy with me that actually been to a war?

Much of it was totaly out of character
  • This episode is about Michael.

A determined Michael convinces Jack and several castaways to help him rescue Walt from "The Others." With Jack away, Locke is left in charge of the hatch and must decide if he should believe Henry and not push the button, risking everyone's safety. Meanwhile, the events that happened to Michael after he left are finally revealed. Meanwhile, Charlie struggles with Eko's decision to discontinue building the church. My favorite part of this episode is when we see what happened when Michael was with the others and we get to see the 3 minutes that Michael was talking with Walt.
  • The writing was hackneyed at moments at usual, elements were crammed in (why were the sub-plots in the middle of the season so boring then?), but several performances (Perrineau in particular) filled the gaps well enough to make this a great installment.

7.3
    Lost has always worked best as an ensemble show, and the mixture of scenes and plots made for a much more engaging and better paced show than previous examples.

However, the reminders from earlier in the series (several scenes being directly ripped from earlier in the show). It hardly inspires loyalty in viewership and reflects the rather cynical nature of abc - they're trying to aim a mystery show at channel-flickers, which seems misguided.

Anyhow, several elements were unrealistic, for example Sawyer's reflection on his relationship with ana (Her character being generally unrealistic anyway, they created a 'strong female character' by injecting male qualities in, and they ended up with a character with no chemistry).

However, the central storyline was superb. Despite the total lack of tension (flashback), it was very interesting to dig into Michael's motivations. This part was quite predictable, but what else do you expect from Lost, and it was done well enough (though Michael said 'What' a couple too many times). A reappearance from 'Alex' too, who I think will turn out to be very interesting indeed.

Naveen Andrews made an appearance, but he's getting less and less to do, and he may be on the outs. The other members of the cast were weaved in excellently (Akinnuoye-Agbaje's speech particularly) and held relevance to several characters, plot points, and motifs of the show. It's just a shame Lost is so inconsistent - it's as if they weren't trying before. And cramming it in removes a lot of poignancy - Monaghan's storyline was left hanging for months and then was resolved in relative seconds, which doesn't feel right.

Nevertheless, this was enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to the finale, though I for one loathe the idea of double episodes.
  • This was a good episode, but... it was average... actually, above average.

6.9
    This was a good episode, but... it was average... actually, above average. It was very informative, we found out what happened with Michael 13 days ago. And then again, we didn't find out anything special. Cuz, some parts of the episode were very boring, and ending was most disappointing. Uh, yes, sure, it's the best way to end this episode, because "Lost" is just like that.

Althought, episode was really predictable, when Michael only asked those 4 to go with him, I knew that he was ordered to only bring those 4. Just,... the question is, why those 4 ? ?
  • Underrated piece. The directing wasn't top notch, but the writing and the acting... rocked.

This episode was a nice setup episode for the finale. It showed us why Michael is doing what he's doing. It was a very similiar epiosde to Maternity Leave - we had on island flashbacks.I loved how they connected the flashbacks with 'The Hunting Party', it was really brilliant.

Lost once again proved that the writing of the show is almost flawless.

We got to see the others, and their..camp? Or is it? Because everything's soooo fake. Something's wrong... however, Michael gets to see Walt, for 3 minutes, and those 3 minutes led Michael to do what he thought he needed to do.

The episode ends with a cliffhanger. Who's on the boat?
  • Going down after the superb '?'. Filler-like episode with important happenings - badly made, badly directed, but actors: nice job!

7.4
    I think that's a mistake to change Michael character's that much. In this Episode we got known what happened to michael, why did he become a 'terminator'. And what's the real reason? Getting Walt back? But Walt is okay, he's life isn't in danger, and after all - Michael knows him only for about two months. I think Michael is selfish like hell - he wants to prove to himself, that he is a good father after all. But he's insane and 'mercyless.' He's character is spoiled at this point - he's behaviour can't be understood, or explained - we met a completely different Mike in the previous episodes. But he plays his role well done.
    I think that this Episode has a really nice plot, but it's directed in a boring way. Locke, Sawyer and Eko are fantastic as usual - Sawyer's words to Jack is a highlight of the episode, and Locke looking at Charlie resignated, when he finally throws away the heroin - these are really cool moments. But otherwise we knew or at least suspected everything about Michael we get to know now, there's no action, no twists, and we must watch Michael for almost half an hour - that's annoying. Filler-like bit boring but important episode (because of Locke's character-development, and because the development in Charlie's things, and because of the plan Sayid and Sawyer are making - because it's the beginning of the journey) - could have been0 done much better. A disappointment awaited. LOST
  • very good episode.

this epsiode was awesome. sweome very awesome. so was ? and two for the road. live together die alone was stupid but bad finales been good next season starters. ep1 of s3 is tale of two cities and it is a jack flahsback episode. ep2 is furthur instructions and is lockes flashback and boone is a guest star in it. it shows what happened to desmond eko and locke in the hatch. it shows desmonds reapperenace and hurleys return to camp . ep3 is glass ballerina and is suns / jins flashbacks. ep4 is every man for himself and it is desmonds flashback of whe he isin prison. ep5 is ekos flashback and is called the cost of living.... hmm maybe some1 dies. ep6 is kates flashback and then lost goes of air until feb 14th. the producers have said there are 16 new episodes after that but
  • Michael what the hells wrong with you, just pull a gun on all the others

I loved this episode, it had such a great build up to really support and make the season finale as amazing as it was. I'm also glad they finally did something with Sayid, because he is a fantastic character and they sort of left him in the dark in this episode.

I had trouble rapping my head around the flashback, but I hadn't seen the Hunting Party so I wasn't sure what the hell was goind on. This episode is full of suspense, character devlopment, and of course amazing, memorable quotes.

A lot of people hated Michael for what he did, it acctually made me like him more cause there was something going on and Michael now had to chose which path he'd go down. The others, okay I like Henry, I like Mr. Friendly, I like Picket, but I absolutly hate Bea, I don't know why, I just do.

Sayid: I believe Michael has been compremised... Let's keep walking Jack.

Jack: What do you mean "comprimised?"

Sayid: His actions are those of a man who is telling the truth.

Jack: Why would he lie to us?

Sayid: Because I believe a father would do anything for his son, because I believe Michael might have freed Henry, and because I believe he is leading you into a tarp.

LOST
  • This is an episode which is based around micheal and what he did after leaving the survivours.

This episode is the best episode of the season apart from \'Two For The Road\' the ending of the episode was amazing im now left wondering what the boat thingy will mean to the survivors, will they all be saved or will it just make things worse, anyway i dont think that the boat will end up being good as i think whoever goes on the boat, the others will capture them or something, i dont really ahve a clue but whatever, also what room do they mean when the others say to walt \'do you want to go back to the room.\' or well until next epsiode, hypopunk2707.
  • A Very "Michael-centric" episode.

For those of you who have ever liked Michael, then read no further, because I'm about to totally bash Mike. This episode exemplifies how far a fther will go in order to help out his son. It is of course filled with the elements that make up a great episode, such as: countless twists, clever writing, betrayals, revealing flashbacks, and a perfect cliffhanger. In this episode, Michael gathers up a small group in order to save Walt from the Others, I'll say no more. However, we learn that Mike has his own secret agenda in this episode, and let's just say that after finding everything out, I really hated him, of course I, like many others figured it out in "?", but this was a great way to clarify, I know th bond between father and son is special, but COME ON Mike; anyway I would give this episode a 4/5.
< 1 2 3 4