Lost

Through the Looking Glass (1)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 23, 2007 on ABC

• The finale that changes everything. Only read if you've seen part 2.

The Man Behind the Curtain made us reconsider the mythological plot of the show. This finale on the other hand makes us reconsider the whole god damn SHOW.

The greatest twist and execution, ever, on television... right here.

As the war with the Others begin, the losties, apart from the shooters head to the radio tower to get rescued. The episode is basically a giant trek, but unlike Catch 22, this episode manages to make it exciting and surprise filled.

Let's start with the very ending. Because, the ending of the episode actually makes you want to go back to the beginning and rewatch the thing with the perspective you just gained.

All of the Jaco "flashbacks" in this episode are actually... flashforwards. Flashforwards of him being off the island. BAM. They actually did it. At the end of the 3rd season they THEY DID! Jack and Kate are guaranteed to be off the island.... which means this episode is the most epic ever. How many of you thought that the series finael would be a trek to the actual rescue? I think many of you did. I did. Well, we didn't have to wait until the series finale.

As flashbacks, Jack's flashes were not too exciting. But as flashforwards - holy crap. Why is he depressed? Why is he drinking alcohol like his father used to? Why he and Kate are not so friendly anymore? Who Kate has to "go back" to? Why does Jack want to go back to the island? Why do they have to lie about where they were? Holy... crap.................

Another set of memorable moments:

-Walt appears to Locke(most likely as Jacob)

"You have work to do."

WOW. So the island wants Locke to live!

-Locke throws a knife into Naomi's back!!!!!!

WHAT THE FRAK! Did you ever think Locke would do that? I didn't... and he did it..... wow.

-The takedown of the others

Hurley and the Dharmavan. 'Nuf said.

-Jack's and Ben's conversation.

What a gem of a dialouge. Ben basically KNEW Jack would end up the way he ended up. He had nothing to leave the island for. He had MORE on the island than outside it! He had friends. Love. Leadership. Outside the island? None. Only work.

-Charlie dying.

I was crying. That's it. Greatest hit made me tear up, but this... holy **** hell.... Charlie died in the most heroic way possible.... what a scene... I nominate this to be the saddest death of all time. ALL TIME. I think all considered, this episode is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to Lost. The writers truly proved it finally. They're creative, brave, and definitely know what they are doing.

We have to go back, Kate!
    We have TO GO BACK!