Lost

Through the Looking Glass (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 23, 2007 on ABC

Episode Fan Reviews page 5 of 8

• great episode

Ben goes to the tower where he meets up with Jack's people. Sawyer and Juliet go back to the beach so they can help out the ones that were left behind. Inside the looking glass, Charlie gets interrogated by the two ladies guarding the underwater station. Desmond wakes up and he swims down to the Looking glass, Mikhail follows him down there. This episode is a Jack flashback episode, but at the same time stuff happens on the island. It's really exciting, I just can't wait for season 4, it's an awesome season 3. I want to see the next chapter.
  • Once again, the writers do a great job by still surprising their fans (although already in the 3rd season)

wow! it was worth it not to read the major spoilers! When Kate came out of the dark, I just thought "WTF! OMG!" :P
    -About the beach scene: Hurley with the VW-bus: ingeniously! ;)
    -Tom's “execution” was really not necessary. Like Hurley said, he had already given up…
    -I really start to like Jack. Nice move not to make a deal with Ben and beating the crap out of him ;)
    -apparently Penny confirms that Naomis people are not affiliated with her. On the other hand: Why should she know everyone of Naomi's people by name.
    -This time, I'd actually buy Ben's story (about Naomi's people). It would defenitely fit together with the fake 815-crash. But, to quote John Locke: "He lost the right to be trusted."
    -In the Flash-Forward, Jack isn't recognized as a 815-survivor: I guess he and Kate have to keep their mouths shut for some reason. -Who is the dead guy? Judging by Kate's reaction, my guess is Sawyer. Maybe she really was pregnant and Sawyer chickened out ...
    - I'm not sure about Jack's motives, at first I thought he wanted to go back because on the island, his life still made sense, he was the leader and had a task, he was important, while off-island he's a total wreck. -but the 2nd time I watched the ep., I noticed that Jack (and Kate) apparently have an extremely bad conscience because of something. I think that a part of the Losties is still on the island and Jack's blaming himself - the writers create a nice parallel to the earlier dialogue in the ep. between Sawyer and Kate. Kate wanted to "go back" to help Sayid, Bernard and Jin, while now, Jack is the one, trying to convince Kate.
    -My favourite scene from this ep. has got to be: screwed up, tequila drinking Jack in his apartment with atlasses and oceanic tickets all over the floor. The character who once wanted to get off the island more like anyone else, is now obsessed about the island. -> I can't wait to find out what happened to him during these 3 years. Great job Darlton / Carlmon / Cuselof! ;)
  • To me, Charlie shouldn't have died.

I have two complaints with this episode, of course not including that now I have more unanswered questions about various people, (too many to get into), but my first is Charlie. He has been one of my favourite characters and the way he died was unneeded. He could of closed the door (since he had time too, and he really didn't need to do that), the room would of filled up, but Desmond and Charlie could of put on masks and gone up fast. Plus he could of gone out the window when the room filled up, since we know he is a good swimmer. I'm really upset about him. My other problem is about Jack's forward flash, who's funeral was he at? wasn't his Dad already dead, and he told the doctor to get him to see who was drunk more..blah..blah that whole storyline wasn't needed either. I will still say I love this show, I was just a little dissappointed in the finale. And wasn't Walt alot older now, that's just an observation.
  • Season finale was better than I expected

Most of this season I have been disappointed with Lost. It is a shame that one of its best episodes was at the end of the season. The only thing that was a shock was the scenes with a bearded Jack turned out not to be flashbacks but what happens after they are rescued. Charley dying was not a big shocker because that had been foretold this whole season. Mikhail is starting to remind of Friday the 13th's Jason just when you think he is dead he pops up again. Hopefully this time he will actually be dead. This episode was a very emotional episode. I think one of the most emotional parts was when Charley died. I was glad that Sayid, Bernard and Jinn did not get killed. What is up with Locke? How was he able to hike to the radio tower all the while having a bullet wound? Hopefully it will be interesting to see what leads up to Jack eventually becoming just like his father.
  • Excellent ending of season 3. But aren't we forgetting something?

This seasons finale was excellent! It ended in a way that opens for for practically any kind of events in the seasons to come. Will they be back on the island? Are they really off the island? Have they actually ever been there? Are there any people left on the Island?

This episode is the first one to show a flashforward. But aren't we forgetting something?

Jack´s father is supposed to have died in Sidney. In this episode however, it seems he´s still alive.

Quotes from dialogue between Jack and Dr. Hamill that indicates on this:

Hamill: "How much have you had to drink today, Jack?"

Jack: "Ok, I tell you what, you do this: you get my father down here. Get him down here right now! And if I am drunker than he is, you can fire me!"

I'm not sure they are off the island. Maybe they have never physically been there at all? What if Hurley's imaginary friend Dave was right, and they are all in that mental institution, maybe participants in an experiment. This show is still my favourite! I look forward to next season!
  • Others try to take over the camp,Jack knows in advance so they fight back.Charlie and Desmond go to the looking glass,Charlie dies.Jack contacts other people through a radio.Flashforward:Jack tells Kate that they made a mistake by getting off the island.

This episode was packed full of suspense, secrets, lies, and new information. All the "flashbacks" (which come to be known as flasforwards) show Jack as a depressed, suicidal, sad man. Hurley gets to save the day, for once, and Charlie becomes a hero, and takes on his imminent death nobly. We also learn that the boat Naomi has been talking about isn't Penny's, because Charlie talks with her in the looking glass through a radio transmition. And we find out that Alex's mother is actually Danielle! This two hour season finale just leaves more questions to be answered next season. I can't wait!
  • The best lost seson finale so far....!!!! Charlie forever!!

Amazing epidose with a flash-forward revealing story!!
    Honestly, i don't want them to get off the island i can't imagine the future seasons with the characters developing in LA or wherever. However, Locke will stay the island and we will see what happen...
    I got surprised with Walt's apparence i thought he and michael will never appear again...but I thik that maybe it's a Jacob's plan or something
    To sum up this episode was exellent: explosions, deaths, mother-daughter encounter, Hurley's help to get rid of the others(which was hilarious and, for me, unexpected) and lot of others stuff which make this one the best season finale ever....
    I will miss charlie a lot i just can't belive he is DEAD!!!(i cried in that part)

Greeting to you, all everybody!!!...jejeje
  • Awesome season finale.

Amazing, Daniele met her daughter.
    Some other have been killed. Carlie and Hugo became "heroes", LOL. It was a good trhiller to get the communication with the outside.
    What happened so far was good but what will happen?
    Why this finale show us a crazy and desperate jack, and a racional and rich Kate out of the island? Well there are too many questions in lost to be answerer.
  • Jack's father seems to be alive in his flash forward.

Jack's father seems to be alive in his flash forward.
    I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy?I ben the good guy? Are Naomy's paople the bad guy's? Are Naomy's paople the bad guy's? Are Naomy's paople the bad guy's? Are Naomy's paople the bad guy's? Are Naomy's paople the bad guy's?
  • HOLY CRAP!!! LOST IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!

Where do I begin? This was by far the absolute best way to end LOST season 3 after a weak "mini-season" (first six episodes) and a much stronger follow up. First off: the ending twist will blow your mind. Not even joking. It is it an alt-universe (OC reference) or is it the future? Next season can't come soon enough. Next: The number of badass moments in this episode is ridiculous. Hurley runs over a guy with the VW from earlier in the season. Sayid snaps a guy's neck with his legs. Locke throws a knife straight into Naomi's back. Desmond shoots Mikhail with a FREAKING HARPOON GUN!

The characterization of Jack's flashbacks (flash forwards?) was amazing. We truly see how far he's fallen. It's incredibly saddening to see him hit this low.

Charlie's death. Incredibly saddening. I had it spoiled for me on Digg, because I had to watch the episode Saturday, and that was sad as well. I wonder why Charlie couldn't have opened the door and escaped. Now I realize that it was truly the end of Charlie's arc. He fell, rose, and went out like a hero. We'll miss you Charlie Pace. The island plot is fantastic this episode. Jack and Ben's confrontation was perfect. Penelope Widmore's learning that Desmond is alive is gonna bring some interesting story lines to the series too. I can't wait to see the ramifications of Naomi's boat rescuing Jack. Finally, who was in the coffin? I think the Lost fanatics are gonna be debating this for the better part of 2007.
  • It is aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome

aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome aswome
  • Some Answers!

"The body of Jeremy Bentham
    of New York was found shortly after 4
    a.m. in the west tower of Grand
    Avenue.(end paragraph)
    Ted *someone*, a doorman at The
    Tower, reportedly heard loud
    noises coming from the man's loft.
    ----------------------------------------safety, he
    -------------------------------------------- the
    found the man hanging from a beam in the
    apartment." from the news ppr that jack tore!
    1:The man in the casket is Jeremy "BEN"tham! its BEN

2:Kate refers "HE" to Sawyer!

3:Charlie could of escaped but he did not want to alter Desmond’s visions. He made sure Clair wud be rescued by a helicopter and hence shut the door.

4:The weird black thing referred as "the monster" can creat illusions to the special ppl that were on the LIST for eg; Jack's Dad, Walt, Ben's Mom, Eko's Bro. Remember moments b4 Eko's death, Eko cud see his bro and told him that he will not confess cause he thought what he did was rite and was proud of it. Eko's apparent bro told him.."You speak to me, as if i was your brother". It was the same black thing that showed walt to John Locke and said" you have a job to do".
  • I get the feeling that Ben knows that if the people get off the island then something catastrophic happens. In his own twisted way, he is trying to prevent a very bad thing from happening. I think there are two timelines.

When Kate refers to "he'll start to wonder where I am" in the last scene, I think she's referring to her son (I think she got pregnant on the island). I also think the guy in the coffin was Michael. I think Sawyer shot Tom because ever since he killed Locke's father, he has felt anger at what he's become (a killer) and he blames the Others for this. Deep down, he wants to be a good guy but he thinks that the fact that he's murdered someone means he'll always be a bad guy. The fact that Jack wants to go back to the island means that he must think there's a way to fix things. He also said he's sick of lying so obviously civilisation doesn't know what went on on the island. It seems the rescuers have put them in a position where they've had to lie about what happened to them. Great finale. I think next season will focus on what happened between the rescuers and the passengers, but I also think ther will be episodes based on the island. I have a feeling Jack gets back there.
  • LOVED when Jack punched Ben !!!

This episode had some great moments, like Jack punching Ben, that was for me the BEST moment of the whole season, maybe from all the seasons, i just LOVED, but i wished that Jack had punched him again when he found out that Sayid, Jin and Bernard were alive and not dead.

You also got love Hurley standing up and ending with that whole caotic situation on the beach and saving the boys.

Not very sure about the flash foward, i mean, do they have the serie all finished up so they can already know how things will got in the future ?

And also who died ?????? Im thinking, Ben.

Will be anxiously waiting for the next season as always :)
  • charlie faces his fate! naomi is not who we thought she was! we see a future jack via flashforward off the island!

part 2 of the gamechanger! the losties hike on to the radio tower! ben and alex are on their way to catch up with the losties...ben intends to talk jack out of leaving the island!
    back at camp..shooting the tents didnt work out as planned..sayid,jin and bernard get captured by the others! juliet and sawyer decide to go back to help them. hurley follows them to get a piece of the action but sawyer tell him to saty out of it! regardless what he said, hurley decides on his own and rescues his friend by driving into the camp with the dharma van and cleans up the situation! meanwhile in the looking glass charlie managed to shut down the jamming mechanism and receives an incomming transmission by Penny! before he faces his fate he finds out that the boat the losties try to contact is not penny's and tells desmond! ben tried to talk jack out of contacting naomi's boat but he fails! the contact is being established and the rescue call has been made! via a flashforward we have seen a future jack off the island that is suicidal and desperately wants to get back to the island. what are his reasons?? season 4 might tell!

absolutely amazing finale! i've never benn entertained that much and intensive on tv! no show better than LOST!
  • A long-awaited BrandyGurrl review, for those of you who love mine so much. My thoughts on who was in the coffin... and many, many more.

Charlie... I haven't seen anything that heart-wrenching since Denny Duquette. Anyone who watches Grey's, you already feel me. If you don't, do yourself a favor and go get it. Best show on televison besides Lost, bar none. You'll thank me later.

Let's begin with the heartbreak. Charlie's demise was so sweetly and exceptionally written and acted. And I thought Boone's last breath was hard to watch?! Charlie was something special, boy. Once he accepted his fate, he was strong, and resolute and just ready to save the woman (and baby) that he evidently loved more than his own life. His whole I-don't-give-a-f**k attitude in the Looking Glass with those two brainwashed idiots beating the crap outta him impressed the hell out of me. True heroes are hard to come by and as far as I'm concerned, Charlie unequivocally went out in a blaze of glory.

Not only did he save Claire and everyone heading up to the radio tower, but slamming the door to save Desmond was Charlie's final heroic act. And struggling to communicate to Desmond that it wasn't Penny's boat, all amidst losing his own life--God. I've never even seen anything so beautifully selfless in my life. As the water washed over him, the smile on his face when he knew he achieved his destiny put me over the edge. Charlie never meant more to me in this show than right then. God, did I cry.

As much as it broke my heart to see Charlie go, I'm thanking my lucky stars that Desmond's still with us. He's the single most intense, charasmatic survivor on Lost. And from millisecond ONE that we were first introduced to him, I was wishing him into a permanent cast member. LoL.

Bonnie, that b***h. Beating up our boy Charlie. God, how I wanted her to get what was coming. And get it she did.

Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm gonna start singing Jack's praises. He never fails to blow me away. In the pilot, we all think he's this sort of vanilla good guy who's just... safe. But, oh no--there's just SO much more to him than that. He has so many layers that he easily is the most enigmatic person on the show, providing the deepest back stories. Well, front stories in this case! (I'll get to that at the end.)

I've championed his cause since the beginning, thinking he deserved every recognition possible in the past 2 seasons for what he does with Jack. Ah, but this year. Give him the Emmy. Dammit, man. In fact, if he doesn't walk away with the Emmy AND the Globe I'll be pissed, along with every other TV viewer discerning enough to think it's high time his exceptional talent garners him long overdue accolades.

And you know what? Jack as an addict was as compelling as clean-as-a-whistle Jack, whose shoulders the weight of the world rests on. High or sober, he's a prince among men.

Which brings me to this selfless love he has for Kate. I cried when Jack said I love you to her. I knew it was coming because of the commercials last week, but it still hits you like a ton of bricks that here's this woman, who despite her transgressions against Jack in terms of giving herself to another man, is still loved by him as much as if she never had. It's pretty damn profound that he'd be still perfectly amenable, the second she leaves Sawyer, to accept her and love her and be her Protector. To love someone in the face of every reason they've given you not to--that's unconditional. And to save them even when they're with someone else and your heart is broken--that's true nobility.

That kiss Juliet gave Jack turned my stomach. It sickened me in the same way Kate sleeping with Sawyer did, and does. I haven't written reviews at all this season, so you guys don't know just how abhorrent it was to me that Kate slept with Sawyer. I felt heartbroken--I'm talking SOUL-SICK imagining Jack's anguish witnessing the woman we all know he loves doing this.

Not to mention my whole philosophy from the very beginning: Yeah, Kate slept with people before she got here, but as far as the men on the island are concerned she was pure because she was untouched by a single one of them. She was supposed to belong to Jack in my eyes. But being with Sawyer tainted EVERYTHING for me. Even if she ultimately ended up in Jack's arms, it just wouldn't be quite the same.

But back to Juliet kissing Jack. Not much to say about it except it seemed awkward, and contrived, and not sexy at all. Nothing compares to Jack's kiss with Kate when she was crying after seeing the horse in the jungle, and he was holding her like he could protect her from every pain in life, but her psyche just couldn't comprehend that kind of love. So she did the only thing she knows how, and ran. Oh, how deeply I identify with that. More than every other facet of any character on Lost. Wanting someone like that when you've never had it is so intense it's painful.

Danielle and Alex's first face-to-face, my God was it something. The only thing I would've done different was have the camera show Danielle's face right when our people first encountered Ben and Alex. I'm talking IMMEDIATELY and not after the commercial. Epecially since Danielle watched her from the brush that one time, and knew that was her daughter. I don't know, it would have just made the whole thing that much more poignant. But still, it was breathtaking.

Hurley in the workmobile! Ok, so I don't know what to call it, LoL. When he came barreling down the beach, I was like "Hell Yeeeeeeeaah!" (Well, it was a different expletive than "Hell" but you get my drift.) It was unexpected, and moving, and just perfect. To hell with Sawyer's insinuations that him being the fat boy would make him a liability if he went along to the beach. Hurley was gonna be damned if he didn't save his friends, and that was that.

When I thought Sayid, Jin, and Bernard were dead... wow. I felt heartbroken for Rose, heartbroken for Sun, and PISSED that someone like Sayid was gone without ever having had the chance to be used to his full potential on this show. We need more of Sayid. Seriously.

I was on the edge of my seat at the end! I didn't even get it until the whole timeline bombshell was dropped. And then I had to re-watch the last 5 minutes, because then it had an entirely different context.

I have to say, Kate seemed remarkably well adjusted--even to the point of looking sympathetic for Jack's misery. Is he the only one whose life is in the toilet now? I can't wait to see!

When Evangeline Lilly said on Regis and Kelly that this year's season finale would be a huge payoff for loyal viewers of Lost, she hit the nail right on the head. With an atomic blast. Those of us who revel in every delicious suspenseful second of Lost, who appreciate every intricacy of the puzzle, who live for the thrill that every "unanswered question" brings: In the last 5 minutes of Wednesday's finale we just had the climax of our lives.

I thought the-powers-that-be would be hard pressed to ever top, or even match the spine-tingling excitement created for us in "Man of Science, Man of Faith" when we realized what we were beholding was actually the inside of the hatch. But dammit, they done did it again.

This episode without question gets a resounding 10 out of 10. Whoever doesn't agree has no real appreciation for the nuance of our show. Holla.
  • How come we find Jack's father in a flash forward????? Can anybody help me understand that point????????

As Kalplox said some time ago. Jack's father is "bound" to be dead today... so what the heck is he doing in the future!!??

I found this episode quite nice. Great to see Dude imposing himself and actually making the big difference (by the way, he has always been one of my favorite characters).

Charlie, not my favorite character at all, really surprised me nicely. He has shown he is the only one real hero of LOST (Jack, Sayid, Jin and even Sawyer are basically braver and follow their instincts in a dettached way). Charlie, on the contrary, had to fight against all his most deepest fears and selfishness by sacrificing himself for the cause of somebody else's lives. Although, I really think his death was unnecessary. He could have survived with Desmond by simply getting out of the looking glass and by swimming upwards (which is a lot easier and quicker than swimming downwards as they've bravely done before). Anyway.. it is quite sad that Desmond haven't been able to see his beloved one.

It's a pity Locke haven't been able to stop Jack from calling the "boat". As Ben said, Jack would regret it in the end (in fact, that's what we saw in the flash forwards). By the way, Locke must really be part of the island. How come could someone survive those bullets? How 'bout Walt??? and where is Michael??? ARe they dead? Do they or mostly Walt (because he was special too)make part of the "soul" of the island now, after death?? (By the way, Walt has grown up. I really thought the producers/directors or whatever, would have had the intelligence to replace the actor for a new kid, but???? YOu know... the island's mysterious powers can explain everything even this sudden grown up kid ( 3 years aging in only 3 months' time. AMAZING ISLAND!!!)

Finally, the man in the coffin, I can perfectly expect someone like Locke inside it. Let's wait.

Quite good episode but below my expectations.
  • Great season finale.

Great season finale. Part 2 of it. Mikhail comes back from the dead. He kills Greta then shoots Bonnie in the back. Ben catched up to Locke and ask for 5 minutes with him. Jack sure beated the crap out of him. Tom and the other 2 others sure betrayed Ben because they didn't kill them. So many people dying. Hurley comes down in the car killing one then Sayid breaks ones neck and Sawyer shoots Tom killing him. Charlie sees Penny on the thing and Desmond wants to see but Charlie closed the door and let himself die. No Charlie!! Why?! He should of ran for it. Jack's last flashforward was sure interesting.
  • Very dissapointing, took a whole lota mistery out of it.

Right to begin with, i cant beleive that chalie died! what about claire and the baby who is going to be the father now! and the ring he left in last weeks one, they better find it! Also why cudnt he just see the grenade and leg it into the water with desmond, swim up to the surface nd its happy days. The other thing is, i hated the flash forward i think i take away from the fact that they are "lost". I mean even though they are sending a helicopter it cud crash and all the rest of that lost often throws at us. Also who is the guy in the coffin, me and my pal think it is either Sawyer or Ben, we dont know. But still that does add extra mystery but it also takes it away. It has to be sombody that both kate and jack know. So it must be people on the island. One of the worst bits in the show this year was sawyer "turning to the dark side". In a fit of rage he kills lockes dad, then in cold blood it seems, he kills tom. That aint gunna do anything for him as far as kate is concered, especially as jack has just coughed us "i love you"! That was bit of a shocker!!

Either way, iv come to far and dedicated far too much time to stop watching now, so ill see you all again in october on whenevr the new series starts. So its good bye from me, and its good night from lost.
  • Best Season Finale Yet! (Spoiler-Free Review)

Wow. What an episode. "Through the Looking Glass" was action-packed, emotional, suprising, intense, suspenseful, exhilarating, uplifting, mystifying, game-changing, amazing, pivotal, classic, breathtaking, thrilling, spine-tingling, stunning, heart-breaking, unimaginable, unbelievable, unthinkable, unprecedented, awe-inspiring, incredible, astonishing, remarkable, revealing, dazzling, unreal, magnificent, monumental, incredible, unpredictable, extraordinary, unconventional, unexpected, exceptional, refreshing, unparralleled, brilliant, outstanding, miraculous, illustrious, impressive, sublime, heavy, first-rate, praiseworthy, important, spirited, substantial, splendid, audacious, rich, vivid, profound, daring, unforgettable, ingenious, scintillating, powerful, well paced, gutsy, inventive, cunning, tragic, adventurous, spectacular, unlikely, earth-shattering, astounding, momentous, unique, desperate, electrifying, telling, enormous, tremendous, refreshing, signficant, dynamic, compelling, inspiring, provoking, alive, spirited, majestic, complex, authentic, satisfying, priceless, and life-changing. The bar has just been raised for television.

Up until the end, the smallest part of me thought maybe he'd get a reprieve, but I knew better. To casual viewers, it should be nothing short of remarkable when something or someone that seems so inconsequential winds up factoring in as a paramount piece of the puzzle. So many people thought Charlie was boring--that his stories were "fillers" but lo and behold this man turns out to be the hero that changes EVERYTHING. The entire course of everyone's fate. I wonder what you're saying now. Desmond's desperation to get to Penny on the monitor, despite every instinctual bit of logic and reason undoubtedly SCREAMING to do so would kill him right along with Charlie... that gave me chills like nothing else. Just being able to touch the great love of his life, even if only for a moment, took precedence even over his own survival. I live for moments like this.

On to Jack's fight with Ben... and pointedly more almighty choices that had to be made by Jack. Sacrificing the few for the good of the many ripped him apart inside. If the three on the beach had really died, there's no entire way someone of Jack's caliber would have ever been able to mitigate his guilt over making that choice. He would have been 100% within his rights to go after Ben afterwards for making him have to live with the anguish of that decision. Ben's defeat--wow. All bloody, beaten down, and restrained by his own daughter he somehow still couldn't come off as pathetic. As diabolical as that mu' fu*ka is to have annihilated his entire clan the way he did, I'm riveted by him. And even before the revelation in the last moment of the episode, you just knew that even though Ben appeared to be defeated, he hadn't actually lost.

Oh, how I didn't wanna see Zeek go! Ok, I know his name's Mr Friendly. I know his name's Tom. But I'm with Sawyer. I'm sticking with Zeek. I appreciate the whole "That was for taking the kid off the raft" thing, I do. But I loved his character. I couldn't even tell you why if you asked. He just grew on me. So who could've been in the coffin? From my perspective, there's only 4 possibilities: Michael, Sawyer, Ben, or Locke. Ok wait, wait! Give me a chance here, LoL.

Michael: Without sounding stereotypical, Michael is probably the one with the highest likelihood of being from, or around that neighborhood. (I live in an urban neighborhood, so I can say whatever I want.) But that's not even my primary reason. Just assessing Kate's reaction when Jack said he thought maybe she'd go to the wake, that's my main basis. Michael betrayed them all, and was hated when he left. Sawyer: Ok, we only assume Kate's referring to Sawyer when she says "He's gonna be wondering where I am." She very well could have been, and probably was. But perhaps she wasn't. Who knows what transpired between the time of rescue and her conversation with Jack at the airport? I'd be surprised if she didn't find out about Cassidy and Clementine... what with the national, if not world press coverage the story of Oceanic Flight 815's survivors would precipitate. And something tells me her little fling with Sawyer didn't exactly have the ummm... concrete foundation to withstand that. Ben: Well, yes, I'm grabbing at straws with this one. What on earth would Ben be doing being shown at that funeral parlor? But again, the comtemptuous tone in Kate's voice. Not many people would have inspired that, but Ben was one of them. Yet none of the above 3 people's deaths should have Jack so messed up that he'd be want to pitch himself off a bridge. So logic dictates I come to the last person. I'll probably end up being wrong, but it's food for thought.

Locke: Whatever ended up happening between Jack and Locke, one thing is certain. They were not supposed to leave that island. Or at least Jack wasn't. We have no idea yet what kind of collateral damage ensued as a result of Jack's choices as leader ultimately resulting in their departure. We do know this much: whatever the fallout was, it was BIG. And whoever was in that coffin factors into the equation in a profound way. Locke was the only one trying his damndest to keep them there. Whatever happened to Jack after rescue, from where I sit right now, Locke is the only one who logically would've had the power to affect Jack to want to take his life. Plus add in the fact that not one single, solitary soul showed up to the wake and there you have it. Brandy's rationale. LoL. Who knows? Ah, the delicious anticipation of more secrets to be revealed! And you bet your a*s I'll sit still like a good little girl and wait for them, too. Yup, you heard. No complaining here. When the next 3 years are over and Lost is gone, people will WISH for a series that can exhilirate the way Lost does. Except it won't ever happen.

Walt got soooo big! And his voice, wow! I'm gonna be thoroughly impressed if we find out later down the road that they taped scenes last year, before he grew bigger, that'll shed some light on his special ablilities and what went on directly after he was taken off the raft. If I know these producers, I bet my bottom dollar that they did. Locke, damn. Where do I start? So it would appear that the "Locke problem" I was so famous for griping about in my "Fire + Water" review was a misinterpretation, huh? Who knew that Jack being disenchanted with his plight on the island wouldn't even compare with the downward spiral of his life subsequent to rescue? I didn't. Evidently, in the whole scheme of things, Locke going rogue EVERY time he did was entirely warranted. It's not very often that I stand corrected, so enjoy it while you can.

• This episode is an example about how to write a season finale.

What a great season's finale... After the disapointment about Heroe's last episode, it was a relief to watch this episode. To me, it was the end of the second act of the whole series. We are left with a dark sensation about how things will turn out. The losties are finally rescued but, at what price? What did they left behind on the island? Why do they have to live lying, acording to Jack? The questions are many, but the most important one is, can the future that we saw on this episode be changed? The logic of the series says that the future can be changed, but not the destiny (acording to Ms. Hawking, the universe course-corrects), so we can expect many great things to come.
  • I hate the writers for playing with my emotions. In a moment I was just jumping out of my seat overjoyed with the Losties victorious, and then I was perplexed by Charlie's death, and the flash forwards. Absolutely nerve-wrecking.

So much happened on the show, that it is difficult to pick up the climax. The shift from a climax to an anti-climax was done amazingly. Ben has been betrayed by his own people, who seem to be sick of his lies. Hurley just comes out of nowhere to show everyone that regardless of his weight he is still valuable. He's the hero of the finale. The irony does not cease: we remember that the van Hurley used to save the day, was the van Ben has conquered his leadership by killing his father and by killing his people. It is the same van which seems to be the instrument of bringing down his leadership.

The looking glass is also full of action. I really enjoyed Charlie being so at ease and not afraid, by getting punched in the face by the girls, and by the prospect of dying. Again, the writers do not cease to surprise us, with a shocking revelation: it is not Penny's ship. Was Ben saying the truth then? This changes the course of things, clearly showing that the mysteries are yet to be unraveled. Charlie dies, and this kills my happiness for the characters. Unfortunately, Desmond's flashes come true, or do they? As a skeptic it is easy for me to think, that the flashes were the real cause of Charlie's death. Charlie heroically saved Desmond, only because he accepted his fate to die. He might have not chosen to die, but by dying he in fact saved Desmond.

The flash forwards were also great. For the first time in this show we see the characters in the future. But the question is: is the future a prediction/possibility of what might happen? Or is it the exact truth? We have seen how graphical Desmond's flashes were, yet even though they came true, the course of time has been changed a dozen times.

I end my review by saying that this is a truly unique show, and has all the ingredients to be a state of the art.
  • A great episode but not quite perfect.

There wasn't a boring moment in this episode. So many things were happening and it ended the third season with a bang. However, I am a little worried about the future for the show. With everything that has happened between the survivors and the others I'm not sure where they are going to be able to be able to go. I really hope the writers keep on the track they're on but it does have me worried. The flash foward thing, while a cool idea, has me worried as well. I'm really hoping they find a way to explain that as a possible future for a few reasons...1) if it's definate then we know they get rescued and jack and kate live so why watch anymore?(other than the other characters but still) 2)like i said we know jack and kate live 3)we know jack and kate don't live happily ever after (and all of us Jate fans out there don't want that)

Overall this was a great episode but without explaining the flash foward as only a possibility, they killed it in the last 5 minutes. Right now, I'm not only excited for January 2008, I'm also very nervous about it.

And one other thing, I wish Locke had shot Jack, (not killed just shot) because that would have made a great cliff hanger.
  • The end of season 3.

So thats it for another year and i guess goodbye Charlie. A lot of stuff happened in this episode. Charlie finally meets his maker when the russian man sets off a granade outside the window of the looking glass hatch but not before he sees a transmission for Penny who reveals that it is not her ship and she does not know who Niomi is! In the flashforward we learn of Jack's life after the island! and how he tried to kill himself and reveals that he never should have left the island. Meanwhile Hurley saves the day and Sawyer finishes off the others pretty much. Jack seriously kicks the crap out of Ben when he thinks he has killed this friends. Jack also tells Kate he loves her. They finally make contact with the rescue ship but John appears and tells them this is not right. Alex is united with her mother Russo and it appears that Ben has unlitmatly failed. This was a very good episode, i was expecting a bit more of a cliff hanger but thid will do no episode now for 8 months thats well too long. Where is season 3 heading? No one knows i really can't wait and i have to say season 3 has been an excellent year for Lost one which i hope can be the same for season 4.
  • this episode should have at least 12 points..

This double episode is so good and gives more question and at the same time answers some.. the only bad thing is walt that have aged 3 years in 90 days..

Is Ben An Nice Guy?
    Is Jack the new House?
    Is the island alive?
    Is Lost the greatest show?
    And when will Mikael die?

I'm gonna build a time machine and travel to spring 2010 and then you now..
  • I was upset that they killed the new British hottie in vein, If Locke was gonna all of the sudden b a killer than why didnt he shoot the preciouse so called wanna be Moses, wants to die but the powers that b(annoying writers) keep saving hisbossyazz,Jack.

7.3
    So they tease the fans and casual viewers w/ yet another boring flash back of Jacks only to find out its a flash forward so the suspence is over when it comes to these two Jack and Kate the ones Ive been calling the writers favorite characters since the beginning of the show and now we all know its true, and I like Jack on occations, but I CANT stand the wishy washy KATE. One of the reasons I continue to watch is hoping she be killed by something eventually. Jack has a new hottie in his life but yet he still feanding for that b..ch who doesnt deserve his love. Besides Sawyer knocked her up most likely why would anyone want those kind of left overs. Women like Kate drive good men insane w/ thier whore-sh qualities.

I have to admit it was clever of the writers to keep you guessing on the flashback to whether it took place in the future or past, and a big surprise to find out it was actually a flash forward. I just wander if they will stop the boring flash backs and make the present the more interesting flash backs. I know it will be tough to do this w/o giving any spoilers away but not as tough as getting only 16 eps a season now and having to wait aaaallll the way until Feb. 08 alot can happen in the world up to that point in time I only wonder if folks will still care and will the show have the same quality as it had the first two seasons or cont. to have the quality the show lacked this season. Jin,Bernard &Mr.Jerahd didnt die! smart move writers good for suspence but, bad for ratings and drama if they did kill them off, Siayid said he didnt wanna die in vein like others so many times on this show before him and if they killed them off or any other's like him if you get my drift b/c thier are so little of them at this point I would be done w/ this show, LACKLUSTER season mostly though the last 5 eps were great!

Final thought I am beginning to wonder why they kill off characters that are popular. Like Charlie I always had a feeling they would do this especially after he almost died the first season, but he never got any frm Mom Claire. 1. he kept her company 2. he was famouse from L.O.T.RINGS trilogy and got alot of people to watch this show 3. He saved Claire's baby by getting it baptised even though he got excommunicated for a while, and publicly punked by Locke for it. 4. He selflessly sacrificed himself for her and her baby 5. He was the only friend Ecko had after Anna died! He truly was a hero like the lady said in the Charlie centric ep. this year and did not get a heroes welcoming. Heck when he humbly told Claire not to worry about him the look on Claire's face was like O.k. shoot I'm already looking for another new island baby daddy! I COULD tell she didnt like kissing him, Imbeginning to think that the hotties on the show are getting thier agents to go to Lindeloff and co. and say that if thier charac. have to stay w/ people like Charlie, or last season Hurley that they would rather b killed off the show. I cant help but b heart broken that they would tease on killing Charlie off all season only to really do it,and when it happend, me and my friend who have watched the majority of all eps. were just speechless and angry as he.l. As a person who admits to not being one of the beutifull people it hurt that they would kill him off w/o giving him any real reward. For Gods sakes when he wrote down his greatest hits as to prove he really existed and was a good person who made a differance not just a stupid junkie baby bro. of an x stupid junkie.
    I hope Claire finds his ring and actually cares enough to hold onto it but we will see. All I know is the writers dont care about diversity any more its just pretty people in sweaty skimpy clothes now I feel like doing to the writers what Rose said to Jack, If you write the characters saying Live together Die alone 1 more time I'm gonna wanna punch the writers in the mouth. B/c OBVIOUSELY they dont practice what they preach.

If the shows about these flawed characters getting a second chance why kill them off before they get their time to shine so to speak, it leaves me w/ an unentertained feeling AND I honestly dont know if I can look at this show any more until it wraps fully and then I can watch all eps. in a row to try to see if it was worth it or just leaves me and alot of like minded people feeling LOST! P.S. Rose,Bernard,Saiyid,Jin,Sun, and Hurley better all watch thier backs!
  • Five steps ahead Lost´s Season Finale

After watching this episode I can presume that:

1) Jack and Kate (and a lot of castaways for sure) will really escape the island in the serie finale.

2) Kate´ll marry someone Jack knows, possibly Sawyer.

3) He did reach the bottom of his life because the choices he made on the island (like calling for rescue). Ben was right.

4) The one that died will be someone close to them, someone who live with them like a friend and for some reason, that we still don´t know, the relationship was burned - like J. Locke.

5) John Locke is the chosen one, not Ben.
  • omg poor charlie!

charlies dead:( i liked him it's too bad poor clarie shes gonna be devastated
    whats up with the whole flash forward thing?
    i think it's ben in the coffin at the funeral jack goes to.
    speaking of jack... why'd he try to kill himself? did the island do it to him? i think he has to die in the last episode like frodo in lord of the rings

i loved the season finale i don't know why everyones hatin' on it i thought it was great, unlike some of the other episodes this one had excitment and told some sercets
    i can't wait for the show to start up again!!
  • wow fantastic but who died

I think it may have been Naomi and the reason no-one wanted to Know was because she betrayed them which they would have found out through Des and the reason jack was upset was because it was because of her they were rescued and no-one is thankin him for it because they all now know it was the wrong deccision which is what Ben said and that is how/ why some of them will return to the island for season 4

ok i think i just about made that understandable

ohh and i dont beleive it was micheal because if he had got home from the island then so would have Walt which we saw was still on the island and only Lock saw him and i think they(the rescued) didnt see him again after he shot naomi so no-one would have known they were still there to save
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8