Lost

Through the Looking Glass (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 23, 2007 on ABC

Episode Fan Reviews page 7 of 8

• Is anyone else seriously depressed? I want the survivors to be happy in the future!!!

Is anyone else seriously depressed?
    Ok, so i just watched it and it was amazing in every way!!!
    But I am depressed about what happens to the survivors in the future! I have invested so much time into watching and understanding the characters that I want them to be happy when they or if they eventually get off the island.

Jacks future looks pretty depressing and the fact that Kate doesn't want to see him is also sad!!!!Will this future be inevitable? Or will it change depending on what the survivors do on the island??? Can they change their future? I will be so angry and upset if when Lost finishies for ever we are left with this bleak image of Jack (Or more characters) not happy and distressed. Also who is Kate with that will be wondering where she is? Is It Sawyer? Who is dead????

I really hope when they do get rescued they are happy! No doubt the writers will have us fooled in some way!!!

I am also upset to see Tom die...he was defo my favourite 'other'.

Cannot wait until season 4 I am sure you will agree!
  • Wow! A lot of PERFECT scores here for this episode. PERFECT? That is DEFINITELY going a little overboard...

First of all, I believe to give an episode a PERFECT rating is to say that EVERYTHING was as good as you believe it could have been. It's hard for me to believe that so many people could have such a low standard for a PERFECT episode. Well as far as I am concerned, this episode was no doubt a very good episode as mostly ALL are on lost. However, considering this is a season FINALE, the episode seemed like an episode leading to a season finale. But anyway, my problem with this episode was not with the way it was shot or the acting or anything else other than the storyline. First, I agree with a previous reviewer about CHARLIE-why did he not go out and close the hatch from Desmond's side? As far as I could see, the only thing he actually did AFTER he closed the hatch was write a damn note on his wet hand(as if he would be able to write something THAT legible on his hands while they are THAT wet...hmmmm....a little unnecessary unbelievability if you ask me), plus they ARE just normal people right. I mean, if someone told you you had to drown to save everyone else, wouldn't you at least TRY to prove them wrong? lol I mean it would be human nature for him to run the hell out of that room as soon as possible. Remember, he's not supposed to be able to hear the big FANFARE music playing and think "Yeah, I'll just die so it's a GREAT scene!" lol
    ..Pointless. Plus he had just asked Desmond if he had any new visions leading us to believe that he at least was starting to believe that they had somehow altered the vision of him drowning. Also, just a side note while I'm thinking about it-I'm so surprised that as long as they have been on that island bored to hell, that that Van still has gas in it. lol But that doesn't matter as much as all of this talk about time continuum. If this is INDEED the case, then I am very disappointed for the simple fact that I hate when shows fix it so they can do ANYTHING they want to fill time and come back at any point and erase it all and hide behind the Space-Time Continuum wall. I sincerely hope this is NOT the case. Also, if what we saw at the end with Jack and Kate is INDEED the future, then it also could be set after the end of SEASON 4!! So that means ANYONE could have been in the casket considering how much can happen in a season. Who KNOWS what will happen in the course of a whole season. They probably will be back on the island at the start of season 4 and who KNOWS when they will actually get off. ANYTHING could happen to spoil this rescue attempt and leave them one more season on the island. who knows, and that's my point. So maybe they got rescued and they weren't SUPPOSED to? The only one that seems down-in-the-dumps after the rescue seems to be JACK. And to be honest, he looked like he was headed THAT way even BEFORE the plane crash. So what? That CAN'T be what the writers want to tell us, I hope not. Oh man, I have to stop, I would take over 2000 words to fully explain my position. So anyway, for a FINALE, this episode was not up to par and although good, left waaay too many questions. Also, why when things are important, people don't fully speak their minds? "Jack this is a mistake!"..."Jack, you're not supposed to do this"....this is getting ridiculous, if something is THAT important, why wouldn't you at least say why you say what you say? Suspense? Yeah I know, but sometimes it IS too much to believe. I can see why so many PERFECT scores, though because in reading reviews, I see everyone is having a great time trying to GUESS the final outcome and meaning of the show. While this may be fun to do, we should rate the show and not the show + our imaginations. As for what we actually SAW and experienced in this episode, this Finale was a little too Up-in-the-Air in my opinion. This is to me a bit of a Cheap-shot to get viewers to think that the end sequence with Jack and Kate was connected to the rescue attempt that we were watching when I believe they are in NO way connected and even if they are, that is just a bit unfair not to conclude it and it's also the main reason we have so many people THINKING they know what's going on and some people wondering instead of EVERYONE saying "Wow, I didn't expect that, that was a Great Finale!" I don't believe they have to throw SO many questions in the air to achieve suspense leading up to the next season. Think of the Finales of season 1(Walt Getting taken and the guys left in the middle of the ocean on a self-made raft) and 2(Jack, Kate, Sawyer kidnapped by the others and setup by Michael) Great Finales, tons of suspense, and no questions popping out of the blue at the last 3 minutes to get you guessing and doing their job for them and getting OURSELVES more excited. A good episode in any event, but Lost Finale? Just so-so. This has NOT been a good year for Finales.
  • Plot hole?

I'd like to know how can Jack's "flash-forward" was in fact a flash-forward. When he was arguing with the chief of surgery, he said to go up and see if his father was drunker as he was, and then the chief could fire him. however, shouldn't Jack's father be in fact dead?

your input would be appreciated :)
  • Perfection

This really was the best 2 hours lost has ever had, this finale, may have been best tv i've ever seen.

After 3 seasons of an awesome set up that still had some steam left in it, the producers decide to turn things completely on their head. The ending revealing that Jacks flashback was infact a flashforward could really open the door for the next 3 seasons, having the rest of the island time as a flashback with the survivors off the island remembering what happened and Jack's quest to get back to the island.
  • I Think I Speak For Everyone When I Say LOST Is The Best Show Ever Made!

Absolutely Unbelievable Is All I Can Say About The Final 2 Episodes Of The Season! A Lot Of Talking Points Obviously, Like Charlie Dying, Hurley Saving The Day, Walt Coming Back, But The Main One Is The Flash Forward. The Writers Answer All The Long Un-answered Questions That We Have Being Waiting To Hear All Through Out The Season, But Leave New Questions Buzzing Through Our Minds! Like Whats Up With Walt? If Naomi Was Really Bad And If Penny Is'nt On The Freighter How Did She Get The Picture Of Her And Des? I May Be Wrong About Whos In The Coffin, But Like A Lot Of People Have Being Saying, Im Pretty Sure Its Ben Too. It Would Explain Why Jack Is The Only One Who Attends The Wake, Because He Is So Desperate To Get Back Onto The Island And He Is Now Sad Because His Only Chance Has Gone. I Dont Think Jack's Father Is In Fact Still Alive, I Think Jack Was Just Very Drunk And Did'nt Know What He Was Saying. But Overall, Probably The Best Series Finale Ever Made In A Show!
  • When Carlton Cuse said “these characters have a past, a present, and a FUTURE”, I didn't take him so literally, but now after the finale, I do.

Well, the end of three seasons marks the midway point of the series. How apropos to see a “flash forward” as opposed to a flashback. Three seasons of discovering everyone’s past, now for three more discovering everyone’s future.

They may or may not have plans to change up this format, but it would make for a cool way to see how the present all falls into place. When Carlton Cuse said “these characters have a past, a present, and a future” (on the special “LOST: The Answers”) I did not take him so literally, but after this finale, I now do. The game has changed.

There are a few drawbacks to this though, like, I still want to see more of some people’s pasts, Rousseau and Ben particularly. Also, if they show a future for everyone, then it’s obvious they will survive the remaining 3 seasons. No more shocking island deaths now, at least not for Jack and Kate. And hey, they can bring Walt back in a flash forward and his growth will appear totally natural. Man he got tall, huh?

I’m starting to believe Ben when he says that the Others are not the “bad guys”. Naomi and her crew were sent there for some self serving dastardly reason. I believe that they are Dharma operatives from the outside world sent to the island to investigate the loss of communication that has been interrupted by the flame’s destruction. Ben had everything under control to keep the ruse going that all was copasetic, but now events have happened that has caused there to be a “situation” as he says.

Locke stays true to his pattern of not wanting to get off the island by killing Naomi. In the past he’s foiled Sayid’s plan to triangulate the signal, he’s blown up the Flame and the submarine, and now once again he’s attempted to hinder a rescue, but as we have seen he was too late.

People are on their way, and it isn’t a good thing. I’m very excited to see where this is all going.
  • Season finale- confronting the others, and trying to get off of the island.

What an EXCELLENT episode! I can't remember any episode of any show in recent memory that had me this taken aback!! Maybe a season 2 Sopranos episode. Poor Charlie- he sacrificed his life for his plane crash friends. But I am not looking forward to Claire finding out that Charlie is dead.

Poor Desmond- got so close to seeing Penolope on the screen, only to get shut out of that part of the hatch and watch Charlie die. Man, Jack is a mess in the "future", or whenever that is. But, I have a question- Jack made 2 references to his father as if his father was alive in the episode. Does this mean that Jack's father is NOT dead???

I can't wait until February. This show is so awesome.
  • Now THIS is how you make a season-finale count. Two hours I won't soon forget. At least not for the next 9 months...

February? We (What the hell, I) now have to wait until February to find out what will happen?
    Lost used to be a show I just watched when I had some time left, it wasn't really one of my favorites.
    The beginning of season 1 was pretty incredible, it had such a huge feel to it.
    But then it became apparent that the show would be going pretty slow and that ticked me off abit.
    I couldn't really get a connection with the show, I almost gave up on Lost.

But the last few weeks have changed all that.
    The connection was there and I have to say, the Charlie story was a big part of that.
    The times Desmond came to rescue him, made me wonder about his faith and even tho i have expected this, he really dies !?
    Last weeks scenes with Claire and Desmond and the hug he gave Hurley were moving and it sucked me in, like i hadn't expected.
    Lost is at its peak now and now the question is "Will the connection still be there next season?".

The season-finale was everything I could have wanted from this show, unlike so many seasonfinales (except CSI: NY) this season, the finale kicked ass.
    An interesting Jack-centric back-story, I only noticed it was a future-story 10 seconds before i saw Kate's face.
    Charlie was incredible again, he became such a hero the last few weeks, what a transformation from the Claire-protecting addict he was just a few months (couple of weeks in Lost-time) ago.
    A love-triangle worthy of screen-time, I am even beginning to see the three-some :)
    But then...

Charlie died, saving everyone on the island, they now will get rescued.
    Jack and Kate make it off the island, but it seems Jack wants to go back.
    Kate drives a Volvo and seems to be doing well.
    Someone dies and Jack is distraught over it, but it seems noone else is. Who could that be ?
    Are these prospects enough to keep the connection I have now, I really hope so
    I'm gonna miss Charlie, I would have never expected that a few months ago.

And now.. Waiting 9 months for new episodes, perhaps I should have given up when i had the chance, now it's too late.
  • We really deserved to see some ass-kicking.

I laughed so loud when I saw them blowing up, wow! And that Mikhail guy, wow, he's tough, like Jack Bauer or someting. So they called the boat, I'm sure they won't be rescued, because there are still 48 episodes to go, and it might be the end of something, but they won't die, that's for sure. But what the hell did Ben and John expect? The survivors are hoping to get rescued from an island, and these 2 guys tell them not to, without any reason, just the usual "not supposed to" cr*p? Why does Ben hope that they'll believe that the others are the good guys when they keep on terrorizing them? Expecting any trust after that is soooo stupid. If I were them, I wouldn't tolerate being kept in the dark as good as they do, I would have killed Ben by now. But I guess he'll stay alive, the producers need someone who can keep on feeding us even more bull**** :)
  • Probably the most imaginative, well crafted season finale in the history of television. It was edge of your seat drama, that kept us all guessing. the episode had it all. The death of a main character, the return of Locke, Hurly's heroic stand, fantastic!

Lost, for 3 seasons now has never once faultered. This season finale, the shows third, was as good, if not better then the pilot, which blew us all away in the fall of 2004. So long Charlie, you will be missed. To be fair, it had to happen. The flash forward scenes with Jack were very clever and the final seconds blew me away, when Kate emerged from the shadows.

I have no idea where Lost can go next season. I guess anywhere, this is a show bound by no rules, this episode is a testement to that!
  • Words can not describe

I'm going to say it. LOST is still the best show on television. After watching last night's finale, I have several things I would like to review.
    1) Jack's flash forward was very good, I kept thinking that SOMETHING strange has to be going on here. They gave us clues the entire time however, Jack had a RAZR phone, which wouldn't have come out till past the crash of 815. Secondly, Jack makes it a point to tell the new chief of surgery to "get his dad from upstairs", could this be that Jack's dad is still alive?
    2) Benjamin Linus is probably the biggest jerk I have ever seen on television. However, for the first time, I think Jack needs to put a little faith in the bug eyed creep. As much as the thought of Penny coming to the island to save them was awesome, Ben has to be right that Naomi's people are up to no good. I think in Season 4, we will spend most of it duking it out with these new counterparts, possible, alongside the Others.
    3) In the "Looking Glass" I kept looking for the shark to swim by in the window, Does anyone know if it actually did? Secondly, Mikhail is my favorite other, and I want to know what happened to his eye so bad, and then they can FINALLY just let him die! Charlie's death was heroic, noble, and by far the best of the finale. Sacrificing yourself because you Believe that there will be rescue is hard to do, especially only because your crazy Scottish friend said he can see the future. Oh, and Desmond is still pretty sweet.
    4) Jin missed? I thought for sure Bernard would be the one to screw up, but I guess Jin was at a disadvantage with the hand gun. Despite the brief fear that they had all died, I was elated to see Hurley run down the others and Sawyer finally seek revenge on "Zeke" for taking the boy.
    5) The boy, however, appeared to Johnathan Locke whilst Jon decided he was going to go suicidal. Walt is like "John, you got things to do," and Locke can walk again. Is Walt a form of Jacob? What does Locke have to do? Thank god he is alive, since he is my favorite character.

Pumped for Season 4, and hopefully we'll get some LOST teasers for the summer and fall break.
  • Lived up to its expectation of a season finale. A classic LOST episode. Everybody plays a part.

Amongst all the finales this season, LOST was the best. Great stroryline, great direction, great everything. There are a few reasons why this epidode and the one before it stood out from the rest. Firstly, it was an episode where everybody has a part to play. Who ever expected Hurley to drive that dharma van into the others on the beach. Brilliant! Secondly, Charlie's sacrifice. Even though he could save himself, he chose not to because he knew that only if he died, would Claire and Aaron be safely rescued. Lastly, and the most brilliantly done part, was about Jack's future. Throughout the episodes, you wonder about the strange flashbacks that Jack experiences. But, it isnt flashback, its the future. Good performances from Ben, Juliet, Kate, Sawyer, Sayyed and Hurley make this one of the best finales' ever. Must watch!
  • Lost I love you!

Really that Is all that can be said, as your watching the episode and seeing the Flashbacks/Forward and thinking some of this isn’t making sense, when is this based? And then for at the End it all to fall together and you just realize, is a great moment for lost.

And as normal so many things left to find out, who was in the casket? What about Jacob? How are they even going to work the next seasons? Are the flash forwards the same as Desmonds Just looking into the future or will Jack have to head back to the island?

One of the best if not the best season final I have ever seen.
  • It had to happen.

As much as I thought that they would stay on the island like Gilligan. It was time to get them off. I argued with another guy that it was a flashback versus a foreshadow. When Kate showed up, it was crazy. In season finale fashion,LOST left you wanting more. Is Ben and John Locke right? Is Charlie really dead? Why won't Mikhail die? Will Penny become involved? Was Naomi reaaly evil?
  • awesome is the word and i knew that jack's father is alive

awesome awesome awesome it is the only word for this episode they are 2 many good things in this episode so i cannot write everything about the episode the major highlights are that jack's father is still alive {he tells to the other doctor to see if he is more drunk than his father is}and what we all thought that it was a flashback and i am sure none would have guessed it right and a awesome scene involving charlie's death which was a real tearjerker but i still wonder what is walt doing and whose funeral it was and my only complaint is that i cannot wait till next year to watch lost again
  • Is this the end for LOST?

As I watched Kate come out of the shadow to talk to Jack, I immediately thought that it was either a very weird storyline, or an extremely clever one. The flash forward was quite unexpected, but made the story go really well. Jack was the one person who was desperate beyond belief to get off the island, and now he is the one who wants to go back. I was devastated when Charlie died, because he was a Brit (Like myself) but he was also a really nice guy. I think Walt went back to the island and brought that boat that rescued them with him... Although it may not explain why it was offshore and he wasnt... hmm... But yeah, anyway, a great ending. I just hope that there are no more seasons for some reasons, like the fact that I dont have sky 1 any more to watch it on, so I won't have to use the internet to watch them online... AWESOME EPISODE
  • This season three finale lived up to everything I imagined, and then some…

This, my friends, was one of the finest moments of television I have ever witnessed. I must say that this season three finale lived up to everything I imagined, and then some…

Every aspect of this double episode was perfect. The writing, acting, cinematography and music were all spot on! Easily worthy of the big screen. I just jumped on the net after watching the finale to read the news about Lost going for three more seasons til 2010. I couldn’t be happier about this news. I think that with the 16 episode format it should be perfect. If the writers keep coming up with material as good as what they’ve created so far, then the next 3 seasons of LOST promise to be one hell of ride! If I had a time machine I’d go forward 3 years, buy all the Lost DVD’s, lock myself in a comfortable room for 2 weeks and watch every single second.
  • Overall, this was the best finale of Lost's history, crowned with probably the most amazing and mind boggig twist in the history of television.

When I finished watching, I was just sitting infront of my computer silently for about 5 minutes. I was puzzled. Our favourite show, Lost has done something really big. An era is finished.

I believe, and I honestly do, that this episode with a few changes could have worked as a series finale. Surely, tragic one, but it would've worked!

The main message of the episode was, that, rescue means nothing. The survivors are not "LOST" because they are on an island nobody can see, but, rather, they're lost in their life. In fact... they don't even have one waiting for them at home. With Rousseau's words... "I won't go home... I'll stay. This is my home now"

The flashforwards had a very dark and depressing taste: and, I loved it. The camera angles, perfect. Jack Bender did a real good job.

And not only in the flashesforwards, on the island scenes too. I liked how the camera panned around the radiotower like in season 1 finale with the raft - both things are the symbols of rescue, so using same camera angles... awesome idea.

The Looking Glass plot was beyond amazing. I really liked Charlie. And his death...? My god. Most emotional death on television ever. He used his last bit of energy to help his fellow survivors. Some may question his death... Yes, he could've escaped, but then, the "picture in the box" would've altered, and the rescue may have not arrived...

I'm SO GLAD that the writers didn't bring Bernard bad just to kill him - it's a cheap trick killing guest stars just for the dramatic effect(unfortunately many shows do it). Hurley, as the spoilers stated, DID play a VERY important role in the episode. He saved the day! I was waiting for that van to pop up... well, there it was.

Character wise, too, the episode was excellent. Jack following his father, Sawyer starting to get serious, Juliet openly admitting her feelings toweards Jack(that kiss was soooo Juliet's, not Jack's), and same for Kate of course... I don't really like triangles, but I've to admit: if they can keep it up like this AND at this rate, then this might just be my favourite(and only) romantic plot on television.

One of the biggest surprises was Walt. I don't blame the producers, but I've to note.... Walt's voice. LOL. That was SO not the Walt we knew. However, it was GREAT to see him. Hearing the whispers right before he appears implicate that it was definitely Jacob or the "monster" saving John.

- Who, was completetly badass. The way he downed Naomi was shocking. You don't get much of this on television(woman getting a knife in her behind infront of 10's of people).

Lastly, Ben. Michael Emerson did his BEST performance as Benjamin Linus in this episode. His conversation with Jack... priceless. Also, interesting to see how he's losing control over his own people, and how everything is falling apart for him. I think in season 4, he'll have a serious "Locke-problem".

Overall, this was the best finale of Lost's history. The writing was very strong: much stronger than in season 2 finale. It was a really good ride with Lost this year. I give this episoee a 10, and the season a 9.5. Best season - so far.
  • It ain't really the future we were shown, it's the looking-glass(Think Desmond's visions)

One of the two main guys from Lost said in the "Answers" episode that the survivors were not in purgatory, but alive and well at some point of the space time continuum. Maybe that's the looking glass the series finale's title is talking about. The Looking Glass is a reference to a book by Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice in Wonderland. Alice, the gal from wonderland, wonders what's on the other side of the looking glass and jumps through it. The looking glass world is upside down, full of mirror and inverse images (when you expect black, you get white). Also, as wikipedia notes, there is also time running backwards. After the scene with Kate, you'd think we've seen the future, but why then, is Jack's father alive? It's an alternate time line. This season has been constantly flirting with the idea, starting with Desmond's premonitions and his little trip to the past. Desmond has been witnessing futures that never came to be (all those times Charlie was supposed to die but didn't.) I'll wager that the flash forward was like Desmond's visions: a big old what could be, but not the actual future. Isn't there a chance that the electromagnetic properties of the island also make it a special place in the space/time continuum? (This could explain Jacob as existing in another time line/ space) When the plane crashed, the survivors could have been transported into a time line in which the plane simply crashed into the ocean (which would explain why they are alive but the plane with the dead bodies was found.) On the other hand, we know we can't trust Naomi , but then again why would she lie about the plane? she seemed surprised to find the survivors. So there you have it. I predict that what started with Desmond's visions is going to take a larger and larger role in the show. What may be and what might have been are going to be pretty big themes. That's what I'm gambling on. P.S. Michael and Walt never made it back to the outside world. If they had, the would have told everyone and Naomi would not have said anything about the survivors being dead (not to mention that Charlie's band wouldn't have gotten the dead member comeback Naomi talks about.) P.P.S. A lot of people dislike how Jack looks in the "future". I actually like where they took the character. Once he left the island, he lost all meaning in his life. He was given an opportunity to reinvent himself and start a new life. By leaving the island, he turned his back on everything. Also, how can you ever go back? Have you guys seen Apocalypse Now? Think Willard wanting to jump back into action because he didn't know anything else (or Rambo if you wanna go lowbrow.)
  • Classic episode that has everything! Drama, Action, Supspense? Check. We're left guesssing til the very end and then BOOM! a shocker...

Personally, I feel this is exactly what a season finale should be all about. The writers give us a bunch of information but then bring up new questions to keep us guessing and eager to watch next season.

Let's cut to the real meat of what everyone will be talking about...the "flash-forwards." First of all, I kept asking myself..."dude, I didn't know Jack was so screwed up before he got to the island." I figured this was all happening after his dad had died. Not the case...

I was shocked to see Kate step out of the car. I didn't realize what was happening til they talked about saving lives behing "old habit." It was craziness and a complete shock to everyone that this was happening and they did in fact get off the island. I felt so bad for Jack and know they can't leave him like this. They have spent three seasons making hime the hero and can't turn him into a hopeless 'lost' soul. I like the theroy that this was all in Jack's mind of what may actually happen when/if he gets home. It makes sense but I don't see that being the case. My friend made the statement that the rest of the remaining seasons will be present day and the flashbacks will be back on the island and that is how the story will wrap up. Almost a 180 of what the first three seasons were all about. I can see this happening but there is still so much to clear up back on the island.

Who was in the coffin? At first thought, I was sure it was Sawyer. but why would Jack not consider him a friend? If this is indeed the future...Ben is in the casket. "No Friends, No Relatives." Nobody knew him. and Jack is so distraught about Ben dying because that was indeed his last possible shot at getting back to the island. I could go on about the flash forwards for a while and would love to chat about them if anyone is inclined.

Charlie. I grew to love the guy. Yes, he was annoying at times but who isn't? The guy is the definition of a hero. I think he thought about escaping with Desmond but knew that if he survived, Claire and Aaron wouldn't make it home. The scene was beautifully done and I'll miss him! You all everybody!

I can't wait for next season to come around. February is so far away. Th NFL is still months away and when Lost comes back, the season will be over with! Oh well, what can ya do? Lost is a classic! I love the storytelling and characters. This is why we watch TV!
  • In the future, in the flash(back)forward...is Jack's father alive?????

BEST episode I have ever seen, oh and I’m going to miss Charlie, he was a great character. Walt Lloyd was back for view seconds, he was great too, but that is not really why I am writing this. Honestly I am very confused about other things in the flash-(back)-forward scenes. In episode 22 we were let to believe (as usual) the flash-backs where flash-backs and we were all trying to guess where and when in Jack’s past did these events took place? what was causing Jack’s stress and down-spiral? and in the confusion we let some things in episode 23 go by unnoticed, (since we believed the scenes were flash-backs) like…Jack’s FATHER being drunk(as usual) and ALIVE???? My head was spinning from the twist we all got at the end, so I didn’t notice this until later when I recovered shock. There is this scene where the nice doctor is trying to talk to Jack in the hospital (where Jack is drunk and medicated and sort of embarrassing himself) there when the nice doctor asked Jack if he is drunk, Jack said ”go and get my father here and see if I’m drunker then he is, then you can fire me!” Did anybody else get that or is it my TiVo playing tricks on me???
  • Flash Forward

I'm still shaking.. after watching this I am shaking. Haha wow that was completely unexpected I can't believe it. That was a superb season finale. Just when I thought i had figured it out, it completely took me by surprise. Some amazing scenes and twists in that episode. The first half was just alright, while the second part was completely astounding. It first I though they had made a production error as Jack had a new phone that was not yet released, but I never saw a flash forward coming! Very cleverly done and it seems Jack's father is alive... Simply amazing episode, season 4 should get interesting with this boat coming to get them... unless Ben was telling the truth. Charlie's death was so sad, really started to like him, overall wow great episode 10/10 come on season 4!
  • So... beautiful.... Should have sent... a poet.

I'm relatively new to writing reviews on this site, I've written a few for my favorite episodes of my favorite shows because I typically just feel compelled to break out the keyboard when the writers get the itch to remind me why I stay tuned. When I've reviewed in the past, they've revolved around me waxing eloquent about the plot, or character development, or acting. This time, the entire episode was just too beautiful. It's too full of everything that makes Lost truly great. It's too full of everything that makes storytelling great; plot, character development, acting, score, everything was exactly the way it needed to be. It was too full of things that are cool BECAUSE I can't write them, because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I literally spend half of the episode on my feet yelling in disbelief to nobody in particular; my roommate now thinks I'm a crazy person, and he may be right. This episode was so cool it may have blown my mind and left me insane. Totally worth it.
  • Elite finale! I dont believe this was an actual flash forward!

Elite finale! I dont believe this was an actual flash forward! Imagine you were walking to the radio station and thinking you might be saved after all this time. You would be excited at first but when reality sets in and you look at your life i.e Jacks life.. His father dead his soul mate divorced him etc, you would definitely worry what might be its human nature! Thats exactly what he is doing its just whats running through his mind as he is walking to the radio tower. It was sawyer in the coffin and that is why there was the scene with jack telling kate that sawyer did want her to go with him but he was just trying to protect her and she asks why he being nice to sawyer since he wouldn't do the same for him! also he says he loves her! Im pretty sure these are all clues to point this not being an actual flash forward!
    feel free to msg me if im wrong:>
  • Review

Looking back at the episode after having a couple of hours to take things in, the episode was nearly perfect. I couldnt give it a true 10/10 only because I dont feel it was another "Man behind the Curtain", "Man of Science, Man of Faith" or "Live Together, Die Alone" - the best episodes of Lost history in my eyes. Couple of things to review here...

Charlie/Desmond/Penny Storyline- I thought this was the worst storyline of the finale, but it was still really good and needed. Mikhail getting the best of Charlie with the grenade was really random and in a way kind of comical. I thought Penny coming over the transmission and saying that Naomis boat wasn't really hers was huge and a huge shift in the possible "rescue" attempt that we all know isn't going to be happening for the most part.

The Beach Scenes- Hurley "roflstomping" the others with his van was likely one of my favorite parts of the entire series. Sayid following it all up with a kill of one of the last others was another good ending and then Sawyer following that up by killing Tom was also very well done. Three people that had to die and three perfect ways that they all died. Jack v Ben- Another amazing scene, Ben did everything that he could do to try and keep Jack away from the radio tower and making that transmission. Jacks decision to let Sayid and company bite the bullet was huge, but it all turned out for the best. After Jack beat the crap out of Ben and picked up the walkie and asked for Tom I thought we were in store for a huge twist with Jack getting to Tom while he was on there side of the island and Tom had secretly killed the other two men on the transmission. However, that storyline was not to be and...thats that.

The Rattlesnake- Im going to have to watch the episode again knowing what I know about the ending of the show now. Im one of the people that do think that if that is the way it all turns out 48 episodes from now that I will be very sad. I am hoping it is some kind of possible future if they were to be rescued. I would be very happy to hear that everything we just saw in the Jack flashfoward is not going to happen - but I dont think the writers are going to go that far. People saying that everyone is leaving the island is so incorrect but it makes me laugh nonetheless. Pretty sure there would be an uproar if they left right now without any answers for the island. Bottom Line- The producers gave us something to talk about for the next couple of months, just as I was expecing them to do. The amount of talk that is going to surround the flash foward - I cant even imigine, but I will be one of the ones contributing to all of the discussion. I dont know what to make of it all right now - I just need to watch it again.
  • SIMPLY AMAZING! That's what I thought of the 2 hour long season finale!

[Review Continued From 'Through The Looking Glass (1)]

The second hour was mind blowing, so much happened my mind is still reeling! The scenes were shocking, suspenseful, heartrending and has left me utterly mystified. First off all it was simply amusing as Ben got the crap kicked out of him by Jack, even though we later find out there was some truth to what he was saying. Another great scene was when Hurley came to the rescue mowing down one of the Others with the Dharma van, proving that he was indeed an asset. The heart touching scenes came when Danielle and Alex were reunited and as Charlie fulfills his destiny. As far as Charlie’s story went I can’t say it was shocking because everything we’ve seen has led up to this point. But somewhere along the line I was still putting out some hope that things might have been different. It pulled at my heart just a little bit more as the scene cuts to baby Aaron crying in distress. I for one will surely miss this character.

The suspense comes as the finale winds down and the group reaches the radio tower. After turning off Danielle’s transmission Naomi and the group heads outside in order to pick up the signal so they can contact the boat. As she punches is the signal to place the call Naomi gets shot from behind, by none other the Locke! At this point we know that Naomi wasn’t sent by Penny at all. To the contrary a transmission came through from Penny after Charlie shut down the blocking signal in the Looking Glass hatch. So it seems there was some validity to what Ben was saying. All this leads to a showdown between Locke and Jack where Locke tries to warn him about placing the call. Eventually Locke backs down and walks away not being able to stop Jack. This part of the story ends as Jack gets through to the boat and it appears that rescue is on the way.

But it doesn’t all end here, the final part is the most shocking twist. We actually find out that the flashes we’ve been seeing aren’t flashbacks but what appears to be a flash-forward! As Jack finally places through the call he’s been trying to in all the flash scenes he makes plans to meet up with the person at a lot outside an airport. When the person shows up, it’s revealed to us that it is none other that KATE! The flash-forward is of the future after they get off the island, we know understand that all of Jacks distress is connected to trying to get back on the island saying it was a mistake for them to get off.

Leaving us in utter suspense and confusion the finale ends shortly after this. True to the ways of Lost there is yet more new unanswered questions. Like who is Naomi really working for? What caused Jack to go on such a downward spiral after getting off the island? What makes him want to go back? Who was it that died in the flash-forward scene (I’ve got a feeling it might have been Sawyer)? Was it really a flash-forward or was the rest of the scenes a flash-back? Is Jack's dad really alive? Did anyone else get off the island? Why was Kate so distant from Jack in the future? Who was she referring to when she said “He”? Was everything Ben said about Naomi true? If he was telling the truth, who are these people he was talking about? How is it that Mikhail aka “Cyclopes” seemed to survive what was two certain death encounters? ...

So many questions, so little answers and 9 months to ponder over them! In the end I have to say that this was in my opinion one of the best twist of the story since it began in season one.
  • WOW! The first hour was good, but the second hour was amazing.

This episode was very clever and perhaps the highlight of a rather unrevealing season three. Season three seemed to drag on midway through but picked up speed towards the end. This episode was amazing in its plot twists and surprises. I'm sorry for anyone who predicted any part of this conclusion, as I didn't and was genuinely suprised by the outcome, especially those last few minutes.

Now I'm left to wonder for months what will happen with John, who was it that Jack went to see, what becomes of Sawyer, and just how do the Koreans fit into weave of Lost anyway?

And how will ABC dish out the chintzy 16 episodes of season 4? Is there going to be a lot of waiting between shows, or will the season finish early like Prison Break?
  • AWESOME EPISODE

I should be in bed but...just got done watching the second episode and felt a rush of anxiety thinking that it was a "series finale." All my fav. TV shows are getting cancelled but thankfully we'll have Lost for a few more years. And yes, that was a fantastic episode.
  • The greatest two hours of television ever released. Old plot lines come to an end and new ones begin, television is not supposed to be this good. One line says it all: "We have to go back Kate. We have to go back." SPOILERS INSIDE

Oh my god is the only thing to describe this episode of lost as we learn that Jack and the other castaways make it off the island. Yes this is huge. The episode builds up the rumor that sayid and the other two were going to fail and die at the hands of the others but they make it through. The actions of Ben make no sense, why not bring a team to stop Jack? Why not actually kill the three captives? Jack also confuses the viewers by claiming his father is alive quite a few times in the episode leading the viewers to believe that the flash back was occurring in the past and not the future. We do not know what is going on as locke was willing to kill to stop the losties from sending that message. Ansewers were not as present as most fans would have hoped but this jump is moving the series in the right direction.
  • Finale episode was psyche madness. Ambushed my mind.

Ben’s up to his mind games. He fails this time. Hugo saves the three musketeers. Patchy plays his death and life games again. And, Charlie dies; he will be missed.

Interesting turns are cleverly sequenced, especially the last few minutes: John is alive, and signals Jack not to answer the gadget. Jack does, and responds. But, the next scene ambushed my mind. Is this a flashforward? Were Kate and Jack at some time point after they've been rescued?

In the scene, Jack earns some kind of golden travel pass around the world. Is this awarded to all survivors courtesy of Oceanic Flights? Were Ben and John right not to make contact with the world? Does leaving the island bring Jack back to an emotional wreck?

Need patience to endure through 2008.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8