Lost

Through the Looking Glass (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 23, 2007 on ABC

• In part 2 of LOST's third season finale Charlie dies, Locke 'has work to do', Jack and kate 'have to go back' and oh yeah ... Sayid snaps a guys neck with his legs.

After watching almost 5 seasons of LOST this remains the greatest episode the show has produced. After part 1 of the two hour show we were left with Locke in a pit being told he had 'work to do' by what seemed a two foot bigger Walt, it turned out that his work was to throw a knife in Naomi from the freighters back in attempt to stop Jack from leaving the island. For some reason Locke thought that tossing a dagger into an unarmed womens back would convince Jack that he was completley sane. Naomi was only one of the three prominent deaths that occured in the show (I won't count the people who Hurley mowed down in VW van as prominent)as Tom (aka 'guy with the fake beard') and Charlie met their match. Tom's was a bullet in the chest, while Charlie just managed to write 'not penny's boat' on his hand before drowning. We all know who the boat belonged to now but at the time it left us asking a lot of questions about what the hell Naomi was actually doing (Jack could have asked her but Locke didn't exactly give him chance). If that wasn't enough we got a look in Jacks life off the island as he became addicted to pain killers, tried to top himslef and visited Hoffs/Drawler funeral parlour after reading something very upsetting in the obituary part of a newspaper. All of this culminated in Jack finally making the phone call that rescued the ocenaic 815 survivors only for us to find that life in the real world wasn't all it's cracked up to be, when in one of the greatest twists I've ever seen on TV revealed that Jack's flash backs were in fact flash forwards and he and kate 'had to go back'.