Louie

Something is Wrong

Aired Monday 10:30 PM Jun 28, 2012 on FX

• Kinda lame.

I don't give a shit about race so a gimmick like having super white blonde children with a black mother is not going to make me clap and jump around like a seal.

I do wonder how casting a 60 YO as a 20 something would go over though -I mean it is scoring one against ageism after all..

Ignoring the glimpses of the white women who supposed to the mother up to now:

Blonde hair is recessive.

So either she is not the bio mother or she is mixed herself, anything else gets your ass kicked on 'are you smarter than a 6th grader' for being a moron.
  • A weak season opener, not terrible but not Louie-good

Louie's stand up bit at the beginning of this ep was priceless, I could not stop laughing... right up until the actual episode started, then I did. Because it wasn't good.

This was the "nothing's funny and nothing happened" episode, the only part of the non-standup of this episode that caught me was the confusion about the sign (both the in-story one and the one at the end). This was a real snore, the cinematography wasn't as good as the first seasons even, and the writing just felt like over-trodden territory that had nothing to say - although watching him wipe out on that bike was kinda good, that looked authentic when that bike slid into that truck so hard, I wonder if they expected it to hit so hard.

His moping through several scenes also lacked punch or statement for me, the joke is he's letting it all wash over him while he feels just outside of control of the situations - ok, that's whatever, but it seemed like there wasn't enough of a point behind it.

The motorcycle purchase felt very inauthentic to the character after seeing how cautious he was about being there for his kids, there was no driving force at all behind his choice, not even to get laid or feel alive, just the thinnest possible connection of needing transportation after his car got smashed in the silliest way possible (it was a great shock moment, but felt more like a dream sequence the way it paid off at the end).

The reveal of the wife also added exactly nothing to tje episode for me. Everything she said could have been conveyed on Louie's side of the camera. There seemed like a missing punch to the situation's comedy and statement, like it was apathetic to both sides of the scenario.

This isn't the first time Louie hasn't been a home run for me, I don't expect it to be the worst thing ever and the show is ruined and all that internet nonsense, but a season premiere sets the tone for the viewer, their expectations come from there, and that's what didn't sit well for me.
  • Worth the hype for a newbie

I have never seen an episode of LOUIE. till this one. everywhere i turned, internet, newspaper, newsweek, internet, tv, tv, everywhere was louie ck this, louie ck that.... o said, geez already... i'll check it out so you will stop shoving this in my face everywhere.

well louie is actually pretty good. i walked into season 3 knowing nothing except this guy is a professional comedian with an ex wife and kids, and anger and problems.

well, it was very good. it's a nice show, and this episode was very good. it reminds me if seinfeld, with a much more grown up feel.

i was worried when he started off with a masturbating/dick joke, but it was good, more witty than funny, but was a little of both, and then the joke got fuzzy, witty, doubled, and got weirdly dark whilst staying funny... that's got to be hard to do (no, no pun intended).

and that opening joke describes in a way the whole episode. from trying to decipher a group of parking signs, to breaking up, but letting the other person do it while you think about your ice cream... just really good stuff.

this show is pretty intelligent, and i'm staying