Love Connection

(ended 1994)

Love Connection Fan Reviews (5)

6.2
  • I'm going to host it when it comes back...

I'm actually the guy who went ona dare from my sister in law in 1988, and got the highest score ever on the show. I didn't know they were going to show me doing Bullwinkle in my interview as my clip for people to judge me!

The girl was 3 hours late getting to my house, (I'd be at a bar in under an hour now a days!) and she had a headache when she walked in too! Anyhow, I didn't want to go on t.v. and rip her apart, so I went along with the producers and acted like everything was great. It was a blast doing it, should have put "hi Mom" on the bottom of my shoe, I chickened out at the last minute...
  • A new twist to "blind dates".

It would be easy to dismiss this show as fluff. But when you consider the trash that is on today, at least this show had some class to it. It was funny when the dates didn\'t work out and the daters started trashing each other. It was also nice to see a date actually work out and the couple had a good time. Two things really helped this show- first, letting the audience pick who they thought was best. The second was having Chuck Woolery as host. Chuck was perfect for the show- smooth and he had some hilarious expressions when things were going bad and insults were flying back and forth between the daters. On the other hand, if a date went well, he seemed genuinely happy for them and interested in what went on during their date. One couple admitting to capping off their date with the \"Wild Thing\" and Chuck\'s reaction was perfect- didn\'t say anything, just gave this \"Are we going to get into trouble with our sponsors\"? look for the camera. All in all, not a bad show- I give it a 7!
  • Ahead of it's time

Not just ahead of it's time
    But also off the wall for a show like this
    Chuck Worley would become a household name with this show
    As well as his two & two fingers
    Daters decide who they want to go out with
    They could go out with that person or turn them down in front of a national tv audience
    But also the audience gets to choose as well
    Very off the wall show that is also a guilty pleasure at best!
  • The modern "Dating Game"

This show has brought comedy to a new level. A show which tries to match up couples for a love connection. The audience participates in the voting and that makes it even more interesting. Sometime the connections are great and go well and other times they are the disaster that you would expect. Many times we see couples bash each other when they tell about their dates other times we hear nice things that connect couples. Rarely do we hear of a nice date that just wasn't a love connection. Chuck is sometimes speachless when he hears the details of the dates. A great show.
  • My summary is about one of the most memoriable couple I have every watched on Love Connection.

I was watching a rerun of Love Connection that I tape everyday because of it being one of my favorite shows of all time. You had one episode that I will never forget, it was a lady whose name was Jeanne Erger who had a date with a spanish man. The date was awesome. I will never forget this lady. She was the funniest, cutiest lady ever to be on this show. I wish I new if she and this gentleman ever tied the knot? There will never be a couple like this again on this show!Never.