Love, Inc.

UPN (ended 2006)

Love, Inc. Fan Reviews (10)

7.6
  • exagerated acting

3.5
    I watched it the other day & couldn´t believe this show is actually returning. The plot is OK, but the actros are too exagerated. I mean for crying out loud, I´ve heard better pronounciation from a five year old trying to learn english here in Ecuador compared to Viviana´s OBVIOUSLY overdone latino accent. & don´t get me started on the creative genius who wrote her part, I mean how uncreative do you have to be, a single latino woman who throws herself at every guy to get her green card.
  • An OK show

6.7
    A show about a matchmaking service whose employees could benefit from the services they provide. The setting is New York City, and Holly Robinson Peete serves as the owner of the matchmaking service called 'Love, Inc.'. Although she's in charge, and arguably the most recognizeable actor on the show-she does seem to get upstaged by her costars quite often, especially Busy Phillips, who portrays Denise on the show. Viviana, the resident spitfire on the show, is also a notable scene stealer providing much needed comic relief, delivered in her signature Spanish vernacular. This show doesn't break any molds . . .but it definitely had potential to be a lot better than it grew to be.
  • An OK show

6.7
  • One of the worst shows on TV.

When I first heard that there would be a show that focused on a staff from a dating consulting company, I thought it would be a great show. I was even more excited about the show when I found out that Holly Robinson Peete would be on it. But after seeing a few episodes, I think this show is crappy. Even though the actresses and actor are quite talented, this show just doesn't do them justice. The writing is very poor, and there's no depth in the storylines. The jokes are not funny to me, either. This show just seems like something to fill a time slot that otherwise would be unoccupied since UPN doesn't have very many comedies. I'd like to say the show could get better with time, but there are two reasons I think this show won't even last longer than this season. 1) UPN is shutting down and merging with the WB to create CW, which will probably cancel most of the black sitcoms, and 2) the show isn't good enough to be renewed.
  • funny and has gotten funnier

It is a strong ensemble and the premise is unique. Busy Phillips is excellent, Holly Robinson Peete is always funny as well. Ion Overman is a hilarious hoot, a new phrase I just invented. And Vince Vieleuf is awesome!

In general, the writing and stories have gotten progressively funnier and more interesting as the season has gone on.

• Decent show.

I was up at LA, and I went to the studios they made this at (Paramont I think) So I sat there for almost 4 hours wacthing the actors do thier thing. Well after sitting there for four hours, I started to like the show. I had never heard of it untill I went to LA. Love Inc, is a decent show, it's funny, enjoyable to watch, but it aint the best. I don't watch it everytime it's on, but if I happen to be flipping channels and find Love Inc I'd wacth it.
  • Soooo funny!

This is one of the new shows I like this season. Its so funny and the cast has chemistry. The acting is so great. i love the character of Denise. Busy Phillips makes the character. I love Shannen Dohrity, but I can see why she was let go from the role. The role was clearly made for Busy. A must watch for anyone who loves to laugh!
  • I only watched a little bit and I liked it

I can't watch this because it's on when the OC's on so that gets crossed. During the break from the OC, I switched the channel to UPN and got a glimpse of it. I found it to be really entertaining but I couldn't miss the OC. I hope they change the day they show it soon because I really want to see and entire episode.
  • Don't care for it AT ALL!

0.0
    Love, Inc. was not all that. It was actually boring if I should say so myself. It took a minute to figure out what they did for a living and Holly Robinson-Pete can do better than that and so can ole' girl from Parenthood, those sisters have real talent and it should be broadcasted on a DIFFERENT TV series like KEVIN HILL for instance...oh yeah did I mention that KEVIN HILL should return to UPN and REMOVE Love, Inc.
  • BUSY PHILIPS (Denise) and ERIC WINTER(Mike)make this show

It was nice to see Holly Robinson Peete (Clea) again on TV. The "straight-man" role suits her well, but she seemed a bit too rushed. It was also unbelievable that her character wasn't MORE upset over her seperation/ impending divorce.

"TOO rushed" would be an appropriate description of much of the dialogue in the show. TIMING is everything in comedy. I understand that in the first episode you have to deliver a whole bunch of character info while still squeezing in things to make a fan base............BUT!!!! my 1 major complaint is in the seeming RUSH to get in dialogue.

Viviana (Ion Overman) seems interesting, Francine (Reagan Gomez-Preston) is a cutey pie though she had the least amount of screen time and dialogue, Barry (Vince Vieluf) didn't really deliver for me till the end, comedy wise.......Though I think they need to tone down the need for him to always deliver, sometimes strange, zingers.

DENISE (BUSY PHILIPS) and MIKE (ERIC WINTER) seemed the most at ease with themselves, dialogue, etc....Busy will easily become the star of the show (Thank the UNIVERSE shannon doherty didn't get this role in the end). The best part of course was the moment Eric Winter as Mike appeared on the screen. WOW!!!!! His experience on Days of Our Lives shows in his comfort with the scene. There were a few parts that he seemed a bit rushed in getting out a funny line as well.

Variety did a decent review of this show, but totally forgot to mention Eric Winter.........they could have at least mentioned his beautiful "moon child" face, dynamite smile, and soulful eyes.

Is this the new FRIENDS??????? Not without a catchy theme song, some time (Friends wasn't at its best in the beginning either), and more ERIC WINTER screen time!!!! The latter being the most important requisite...LOL