Love It or List It

Weekdays 10:00 AM on W Network Premiered Sep 08, 2008 In Season

Love It or List It Fan Reviews (44)

• It could be a good show

The contractors are ripping people off!
  • Loud background music

I love all your HGTV shows but the only problem I have is the background music drowns out the voices of people talking so its hard at times to understand what they are saying I have to keep replaying and replaying so please help me if you can do something to lower the background noise it would be beneficial and easier for seniors to watch and understand thank you, a loyal viewer Judy
  • A Different Plot? No!

Same story,different cast, different house. Why don't you actually complete what they ask for once in a while. No, always the same. Hidden damage, have to rewire. Redo the plumbing. Water damage. Never, but never get everything done. Same story, different houses and players. Come on and give something real! Does EVERYONE want Open Concept? Granite? Hardwood? Stainless Steel? Example, a couple walks into a real nice home and she says something like floors, are they hardwood?" David might say, "no they are She might say "OMG we will have to rip them out!" Guess what, we are not all so vain that all we care about is impressing our "friends".... Open concept is cheaper to build.... wall to wall carpeting is cheaper than windows are cheaper than windows with individual the list goes on and on. And the "farm sink" in the kitchen is ugly in my opinion.
  • I really like the show!

I really like the show & enjoy the host & hostess. They are a lot of fun and have fun working together. The part of the show that I feel needs to change is the formate. It is the same for every esipose. Maybe just go with the flow, not every show needs to have all the drama of things going wrong.

• Enough already

After watching this show for a while, this lady is a piece of work. Every time someone gives her she always finds something. I've even noticed this in newer houses. Her contractors are knocking her heads off. She never gets my thing completely done
  • love it or hate it i hate it

love it or list it sucks all tht other hgtv programs are good hillary and dave need to seal themselves behind one of the walls they build hes bald and turtle like why is thiis still on they never have enough in budget to finish job TAKE IT OFF THE AIR i dont want to spend a whole day watdhing them
  • Curious about L_O_L ??

Hilary is always saying that her time is running out to fix a house. What IS the time-line to get a house renovated on Love it or List it? How long does Hilary have to re-do a house and how long does David have to find a house for folks? Just curious!! LOVE the show!
  • Tim22

i would not choose Hilary to do anything! Every time she does a house, she always has additional expensive repairs that spoil the owners' dreams. Doesn't she ever conduct pre contract inspections??

I enjoy watching Hillary Farr re-image a space. She is one of my favorite designers. I wish I had her imagination. To be able to look at a space and see how by turning this to one side and the other thing to another side you will have a bigger more spacious result. It is a wonderful gift she has.
  • Love IT

Love the original with Hillary and David, Desta, Fergus, Eddie and more...

Don't like the new version, I will watch it, however, nothing like the original "snazziness"
  • Big Change

Just saw the first new episode in a while, I assume this is the new season. What happened to everyone? Desta, Eddie and Fergus are Gone. I miss them. I suppose I could get used to the new crew but I think that the Desta character, Hillary's assistant should be replaced. As to all the reviews I read on this page saying that the homeowners were ripped off - that is crap! Hillary goes into a home that is usually close to 100 years old, the people have lived there 20 years and haven't spent one penny on maintenance. The roof leaks, the foundation is falling down, the wiring is from the last century. Of course she has to address those problems. You can't put lipstick on a pig. To make it fair, the homeowners should pony up the money to fix all the deferred maintenance problems and let Hillary use her entire budget on her list. The only person getting ripped off on this show is Hillary.
  • Do people not watch this show before they try to be on the show???

On 'Love it or List it,' do the people that want to be on the show not watch this show first??? If they did, they would know that they're not going to get what Hillary tells them they will. And she should fire totally ripping her off!
  • Can't believe they are still on

What in the world is HGTV thinking?! This show is so I were a client and told to give them so much money for a remodel and then less than half gets done, I would sue. Property Brothers & other shows manage to get things done.
  • You have a Rip of contractor

All I can say you need to get rid of that contractor completely ripping the people off. Considering you can build a home for $150,000 and they can only do a fraction of the work for that total crap....... Quit ripping people the contractor. Ego is in his way....
  • So predictable it's laughable

God just for once let's see all the remodeling done within budget, or find the great next house in the first or second try, it's always number three. So sick of all the predictable drama. Worst show on HGTV . If the property brothers can do it why can't they?
  • Design Show or Psycho drama

Worst HGTV attempt yet. Everyone is angry-argumentative and just plain negative. That is not entertainment or a design show.. It is food for Psychology Today. Why would HGTV think this is something people would enjoy watching-the commercials are a welcome break in this one. Maybe that is the strategy-to draw attention to the sponsors. Marathon days are the worse. Hour after hour of anger, frustration, and frowns. Time to archive this one!!!
  • Worst Acting Ever!

Everyone knows reality TV isn't exactly real but the producers and cast of Love It Is List It don't even try. It is so cheesy, so staged. There is not a single element of this show that is authentic. Not one. Even the home owners are completely scripted. THIS SHOW IS HORRIBLE.

HGTV- you once had such high standards. What happened?
  • show should change its name

why is this show called love it or list it.. 99 percent of all of them love it change the name or changes the program getting old fast i mean fast...
  • why so mean....

why are the so called home owners always so mean .I know it is all part of the show but I see enough mean people in daily life, don't want to watch it on a show meant to give ideas on home remodeling. just crazy
  • Love it or List it, Really?

How much longer does HGTV plan to keep shoving these episodes down our throat? It seems like its on all the time. It's the same plot every show, bitchy homeowner, Hilary can't do half of what she said she would do, David shows two terrible homes and then they love the third. Homeowners whin at every turn, fight with each other, one partner net picks everything on the houses shown. Same old crap!!! Plus you can't rate this mess of a show 0!!!
  • expensive reno

David is OK but Hilary asks for so much budget but does not show much improvement. She can do so much better for the budget!!
  • not Good

This show is a waste of network tv time I don't like Hillary, david always finds houses over budget, seem that no budget is ever enough for her or him, she always ends up taking out items on people s list of must have... if she would actually work not have her assistant do all the work there would be more money in the "budget" these two seem greedy and more worried about there own profit. . I rather watch property brothers or the other two younger team then Hillary and david
  • Love It Or List It Review

David Visentin and Hilary Farr are the two home experts. David tries to have to find a home for the family to love enough to list their old one. Hilary on the other hand has to make the old home a beautiful dream home to make sure they love it and not have to list it. David will show them three really great homes that match their needs and stay with in the budget. Hilary has to design the home and make it exactly how they want it for them to stay with in their budget. Then they have one decision to make, are they going to LOVE it or are they going to LIST it. Find out on Sundays. Watch Hilary and David go to the troubles and the battle to find the family the perfect home.

-This review is done by:

Isiah Gray
  • Great for Sunday .

Watch it on Sunday for hours..
  • David is a joke find someone new.

David acts like a spoiled brat he has to have his way, he is very whinny and his interactions with Hillary is on a childish level.
  • Turn it off!

the show has run its course. its annoying to watch the interaction of the dialogue between David and Hillery. I prefer Property Brothers. They are much more professional and don't waste their air time with insults and jabs every chance they get. I cannot stand to see it anymore and at one time used to enjoy it. The best way to watch if one has to is with the volume off. Producers, learn from property brothers, and upgrade your scripts, it is by far the worse show on TV!
  • repetition, repetition, repetition!

I like this show, does EVERY show go the same way! Come on writers and produces! I know all about, if it ain't broke don't fix it but, how long can you continue to insult the viewers with the exact same format season after season? David and Hillary are likeable, but are we to belive that Hillary and her crew would be so bad at their jobs that they would make promises to every client knowing that things come up during renos and not have some budget for problems that might come up? Don't assume that your audience is ignorant! It works the first few times, but not EVERY time! The prop brothers is a bettershow
  • change the script

why does David ALWAYS show the people crummy places, then the last place magically is everything they wanted. Come on, how dumb do you think we are? I love the program & never miss it, but its getting a little boring.
  • this show stinks because of lack of reallity

this love it or list it has got to be the most unrealistic show I have seen in my life thos 2

David and Hillary are the most annoying ; she takes all the credit and the contractors get none

I cannot stand to watch it ; why it been acxt I will never know; the property brothers is so much ahead of this because of the reallity
  • Es muy bueno el programa

Es mu bueno el programa