TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Love Monkey Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on VH1Between Seasons

NICE PACKAGE: Discuss episode here

Rhino3434

[1]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    Tonight's (Jan. 24) episode was awesome!
    Tom Cavanaugh is probably one of the best actors on TV. That deadpan delivery and self-depreciating humor is hilarious!

Being a huge music fan, I LOVE all the refernces to music that are sprinkled liberally throughout the show. By the end of the episode I was saying along with Tom, "Song title" whenever someone mentioned one in casual conversation. I'm like that myself in my life so I can definitely identify with him.

Tom's got great taste in music too. I love all the references to the not so popular songs from even the most popular artists. The mention of Visions of Johanna was perfect.
    It's such a beautiful song that never gets played anywhere unless you own the Blonde on Blonde album. Add that to the previous episode when Tom's shower gift was The Essential Bob Dylan.
    The Cure's Just Like Heaven is another classic. I love that song! I could just hear Robert Smith singing, "Show me, show me, show me."

And that's what's so awesome about this show. It lets you enjoy the comedy and also take you on a musical journey. i thought it was classic when Julia said her all-time favorite was "We Built This City." Tom's reaction was priceless.

And did anyone catch that red baseball bat in the Pilot episode? Is that the same one that Tom Cavanaugh used on Ed?

The story has been great so far with Wayne obviously being a big part of it. The kid's obviously got a lot of talent and what a great showcase for him to play his stuff.

The side stories with Tom's friends will help keep the show fresh I think. We'll have to see what happens with Jason Priestly's character and the sexy nanny.

I'm really hoping that CBS gives this show a real chance because I'm looking forward to this show having a nice long run.
    Edited on 03/19/2006 7:07am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fmoore40

[2]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    I have watched the first two episodes out of curiousity. I am a big Tom Cavanaugh fan because of his role on Ed, which was my favorite show even though they lost the original charm along the way as they tried to save the show with a lot of gimmicks that didn't work out.

I like this show, but it is going to take time to develop, and hopefully the network will give it that time. In order for this type of show to develop the fans have to have a relationship with the characters. The romantic part of the show is off to a good start, and the music is awesome. But I hope this doesn't just attract hardcore music fans, because I think it's going to take more people to make it go for a number of years. It probably requires word of mouth endorsement from it's fans to build up it's base.

What really caught me on this show was the Zoe part of the episode. Who is the actress who played Zoe and who did the singing? Is Wayne singing his own music? I really loved the ending to this episode with Zoe and Wayne singing My Inner Pain. It gave the whole episode some emotional punch. And I thought Zoe and Wayne really sounded good together.

I am going to learn a lot about music. I love music, but you can never know all there is to know about it. I wonder if any of this has any truth in how the music industry works. Or is this just a buddy show. I hope not.

movethatbus

[3]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    i really liked inner pain too but i cant find it anywhere

other than that i agree with pretty much evrything rhino3434 said...im younger and dont completely know what theyre talking about with all the music references but i do like it when they put them in there

anyone else think the zoe thing was totally trying to copy gwen stefani (who i hate) with cool, etc.

tjaman

[4]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 32
    She seemed a lot more like Britney or Tiffany than Gwen. Yes, I know Gwen's got a song called "Cool," but otherwise the character didn't seem anything like her.

Rhino3434

[5]Jan 26, 2006
    fmoore40 wrote:

What really caught me on this show was the Zoe part of the episode. Who is the actress who played Zoe and who did the singing? Is Wayne singing his own music? I really loved the ending to this episode with Zoe and Wayne singing My Inner Pain. It gave the whole episode some emotional punch. And I thought Zoe and Wayne really sounded good together.

The actress who played Zoe is an 18 year old woman named Natalia Zvereva. She's a newcomer to TV and she had her breakout last year in a Broadway play with Diane Weist.

I assume she did her own singing on the show but I don't think that she is a professional singer.

Wayne on the other hand is played by a musician named Teddy Geiger. I'm sure his popularity will shoot through the roof because of his exposure on the show. If you want more info on him, go to the thread titled "Wayne" and it will direct you to his website.

quigley_lib

[6]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    CBS has put up a music from the show page. Here is a link to the one for episode 2. It has Inner Pain by Teddy Geiger.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/love_monkey/music/?ep=2

movethatbus

[7]Jan 26, 2006
    omg...thanks so much i havent been able to find my inner pain anywhere!

tjaman

[8]Jan 26, 2006
    Did you look inside?

* ducks *

Rhino3434

[9]Jan 27, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    Did you look inside?

* ducks *

You'd better duck! LOL

Thank you quigley for the link!

movethatbus

[10]Jan 29, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    Did you look inside?

* ducks *

lame...i laughed but it was still lame

tjaman

[11]Jan 30, 2006

movethatbus

[12]Apr 11, 2006
    just saw this...forgot how good this show is!

im gonna miss it even more when it ends again