Love Monkey

Tuesday 9:00 PM on VH1 Premiered Apr 11, 2006 Between Seasons

Love Monkey Fan Reviews (155)

• it`s a show about love its a great show

Best show ever! please where do i have to write ..i want that this show to continuu..I simply love it. I want that this show to have a seasson 2 . Tell us where we have to write or what we have to do that this show to be continued.Best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best best show ever
  • delete this post please

delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please delete this post please
  • A decent show.

Having seen the pilot tonight, me and my wife have added another show to our TiVo list. Love Monkey is about a mid-30s major label A&R rep who is at a crossroads in his life. Without spoiling the plot of the pilot... basically, it involves the lives of main character/narrator, Tom Farrell (Tom Cavanaugh), his sister and his best friends, male and female. Clever uses of flashbacks are used sporadically throughout the show, but not overused. The music is great and REAL, not pseudo-represented by cover bands imitating well-known artists/songs as is usually the case with most TV shows for some reason.

The outdoor city filming locations used are actually in New York, not a set or stock footage - kudos for that. Also, some interiors are real locations (not sets) as well. The show's title, which primarily refers to the main character, is somewhat revealed or explained in the pilot. Some of the plot is predictable, albeit there are a few subplot twists, but yet it is still an enjoyable show, nonetheless. It (pilot episode) revealed many different stories that will develop along the way and hinted at a few others - due to its setting and cast of supporting characters, there is much promise for good future writing.

"Love Monkey" is just a nice, feel-good TV show with a just a bit of sex, some love, friendship and a whole lotta great music. Highly recommend for adults, young and old.
  • I loved the premise and wished I could have seen more.

I love music, and I love television, and I love Tom Cavanaugh!! So, imagine my excitement when I saw a show about a music exec played by Tom, I was overjoyed. I waited in not very patient anticipation, and then my new favorite show gets canceled in like record time. I couldn't believe it. The show was good, it was hilarious, had great music, and a music exec with so much integrity, he quit his highly paid front office job for an independent label. I was so impressed with the show, and then it was gone before I knew it.
  • Typical american!!! canceling a good show...

I live in south america & have seen many good american shows getting the boot like Coupling.. but canceling love monkey is simply unforgiveable. This show is awesome, the music is very cool & the plot is very good. But watcha gonna do... Ratings are the ultimate judge... but I wonder why this show didn´t have good ratings... it might not be a revolutionary, blow your mind, 24-like show, but it deserves at least a season or two...
  • Great show!!!!!

I realy liked love monkey, specialy cus here in brasil we dont have that kinda quality in TV series!

I am a music producer and was very excited about able to see my profession having a real kinda cool series about it!

dont stop producing the series, please!!!

regard, Gil from Brasil
  • to bad that tom always gets shut down...

to bad that tom always gets shut down...i love this show. tom is a great comedy/drama-act and he is made for this kind of series. he plays similar kind of character here as in ED...now i miss both his series :( the rest of the cast is also great..refreshing to see jason priestley playing in the supporting role. Love Monkey is a show about cool music, cool lifes..like entourage you follow people living the dream :) the show also brought us teddy geiger...VH1 should get a new season started. Anyone now if there is a new season on it's way.
  • Great show, unfortunately not costant programming...

Well this is the classic esample of \"what r people watching these days\"..
    This show is really good..nice rythm, great music funny romantic...practically it has everything except...odience...
    i cant believe why people r watching stupid reality shows about miserable lifes of people instead of shows like this..
    I dont say its the best show but u can spend a nice 45 minutes with a pleasant show...
    btw any more episodes coming up?? I really hope so :)
  • This show is about a man in the world that learns how to face his life. He learns to enjoy the music of the world and he brings it to life once he signs the artists for the music label he works for. The show is defenitely a must see.

I believe this show is beautifully done. Anyone who has the time to watch this show should defenitely do so. It\\\'s funny, emotional, and so much more. I am a music lover and watching this show touches on all areas of music that I am interested in. Beyond that there is a great show that is about to break out. The whole concept of Love Monkey is something that has been touched on before; however, it has been put in this type of setting. I love this show! It is just ready to be seen by everyone and needs to be seen.
  • look at this as a male "sex and the city"..and if that show got such a high rating...then this one deserves much more!

this is a really cool show. its great the way the characters of the four friends..(five actually..if you include judy greer's character which gets considerable airtime too)..are built up and their ever present realism and camaraderie. besides for any music lover this is a real treat cause there is some really cool new music played on the show and that by itself could be a great rating puller if this becomes a launchpad for new artists (reality embracing fiction). Unfortunately i havent heard of too many ppl following this show which is a real pity! Definitely worth checking out for anyone!
  • CBS need to give shows a better chance.

This show is good CBS only aired like 3 episodes without giving it a chance how can they do that? If u c lots of peeps like this show. I luv this show since it came out and they cancelled it. I'm glad their giving the rest of the episodes.
  • CBS needs a "reality" check! Whatever bonehead cancelled this show needs to get a clue.

It's absolutely a crime that CBS cancelled this show without giving it the opportunity to build it's fan base. It is (was) a well written and acted, contemporary American "passion before profit" story that a greedy, moral-less, corporate entity like CBS would never understand. Which is why I suppose, they never gave it a chance to flourish. I didn't even know it was on until after it was cancelled! Sooner or later these suits need to figure out that America has more depth and intelligence than the plethora of spoon fed CSI and reality crap which seems to be the mainstay of CBS "entertainment". Leading the ratings by pandering to the moronic seems to be considered a good thing in the heartless, profit driven halls of CBS Headquarters. How surprised they might be if they found that providing quality entertainment that showcases amazing musical talent, worthy benefit causes like Music in the Schools and characters that reflect ethical substance (as Love Monkey does) are actually view worthy - it's just that those that would watch have been afraid to tune in that channel for fear of seeing one more CSI commercial! Let's see if any other networks (besides HBO) have the vision to bring back excellence in television by picking up this show in production. Otherwise, I'll just keep reading a book during primetime and suggest you do the same.
  • Giving this show the second chance it deserved was great on VH1's part.

I actually wanted to watch this show before it was cancelled, I just kept forgetting it was on and when I did find out it was cancelled, I was so sad. Luckily a few days ago, I caught it by accident and watched it for the first time and found it great. It was cool, funny, smart, and it had great music too. So really to me, it's not like all of the shows that are on Tv now. I actually find it quite refreshing. I would definately recommend this show to anyone and that's why I'm giving this a perfect 10.
  • A great show that deserves a good watch.

A great show that deserves a good watch.
    Tom Cavanagh does a great job in this role. Once again he plays the guy that everyone loves.
    The storyline of each show really has a point. The episode entitled 'confidence' really drove the idea home. Definitely worth being added to my favorites list!
  • Best Show on TV

This is a great show. Why is it not on the networks Prime Time Schedule? I am bewildered why a show of this caliber has been moved to an \"off\" channel. There is so many lower quality shows on all of the major networks and this one has been moved. I just don\'t get it!!!
  • A great show that can stand on its on VH1.

This is a great show, all the characters are well developed and interesting in their own respective areas. While it is a "buddy" show, there's alot of hidden truths revealed by the characters about men and our own issues that we never want to talk about. While not all the angsts are original, the way their presented and the resolved are original.

The show makes more sense being on VH1, than on regular cable TV. It plays more towards late 20's-30's yr olds. I love the cameo's by all the great artists and people in the industry, James Blunt, Leann Rhymes, etc..
  • I am glad that VH1 has brought it back. Cavanagh is great and the narrations are great. Music is placed smartly. To sum it up, watch it.

Loved \"Love Monkey\", however, not really sure about the title of the show. I think the title may have previously turned off some people to watching. Anyway, their loss, this is a great show. I am glad that VH1 has brought it back. Cavanagh is great and the narrations are great. Music is placed smartly. The style of the show is something that is lacking in so many others possessing \"prime time\" slots. I usually have commitment issues with show, because I loose interest. This one seems to have some smart writers and creators, thank God. To sum it up, watch it.
  • A show that never got a chance

It was, is or will be an excellent TV show. Plus, the coverage of musical acts that I, being in my 30's has actually heard of was something else that made it special, at least to me. Now some of the acting was weak, the love interest for Tom Cavanaugh being one of the weaker links. The show was better when they stuck to the ins and outs of the record business and then trials and tribulations of the four friends. Kind of like a thinking person's WKRP in Cincinnati. At least we will be able to catch the end of the storyline on VH1, but another show down the tubes I guess, to make room for more reality TV!
  • What is CBS thinking?

I can’t imagine what CBS was thinking when they pulled the plug on this show. For a network that has tried to shake it’s image as the getatric generation’s choice for programming (I site programs like Murder She Wrote and the Diagnosis Murder), but here it gets a cool, hip, well written show and just because it doesn’t have CSI’s ratings numbers they yank it, before it can develop a following. When I think of some of not-so-stellar sit-coms they’ve been airing lately I can’t figure why they would not give this show a better chance. Who doe CBS think it is ABC or FOX?
  • I LOVED LOVE MONKEY!!!

I LOVED LOVE MONKEY!!!I was upset when I found out that it wasn't going to be on anymore. And then I was happy, jumping for joy, when I found out that it will be back, but on VH1. I think VH1 is actually a great station for it b/c it is about true music. Thank you VH1 for bringing it back.
  • This show rocks and NEEDS to come back on the air!!!!

This show has been fantastic so far! To take it off the air would be a wrong and bad mistake. I would love to see this innovating and amazing show come back. The cast rocks and I love everything about this show. I love the music that gets on the show and I especially love sittting on my couch and enjoying every last minute of the show. To wait all week long for the next week show kills me! Please bring this fantastic show back on the air!!
  • Love Monkey must return!!

Love Monkey is a delightful mid-season surprise that I hope would resurface. I am glad that they have a temporary home on Vhl, but I would love to be assured that the show will continue.

I enjoy the music and the artist cameos, well maybe Vh1 is the perfect place for a show like Love Monkey! I just hope that it continues!
  • Relieved to hear the VH1 has picked up the show and will run the remaining episodes. Hopefully this is not the end for the show. LOVE IT.

Relieved to hear the VH1 has picked up the show and will run the remaining episodes. Hopefully this is not the end for the show. Hope either VH1 will renew or CBS will decide to renew.

I liked the chance to hear new music on this show and the cast was great.

• Bring Love Monkey back!

We were so disappointed to learn that CBS had pulled Love Monkey from the air after only 3 episodes. The writing was intelligent, the acting was fabulous and the plot was interesting. Not to mention the music! What a great concept. Too, too bad. Once again CBS uses poor judgement.
  • This is a well conceived progam with a nice story line and cast. I do not understand why CBS insists on thinking they know better than the audience what is good.

My entire family greatly anticipated Love Monkey. We were very pleased and the show not only lived up to the hype but exceeded it! The cast seemed to have nice chemistry and the developing story line was intriguing. America loves a good story about a nice guy doing the right thing and winning.
  • Do not take away my LOVE MONKEY!

Fabulously written and acted. Smart and funny. If CBS does not want it, hopefully another network, who knows smart and funny, will pick it up. Tom Cavanaugh is the epitome of TV charm and with wonder woman Judy Greer and all the other trusty sidekicks (great to see Jason Priestly), the show is a winner. Being yanked after three episodes is an insult to the show and the viewers. CBS, shame on you.
  • I was hooked on this show from the first preview, I cannot believe it got canceled, I kept hoping it would come back, I check every Tuesday night and much to my disappointment it\\\'s not. Love Monkey was AWESOME!!! WHY? WHY? WHY?

In all seriousnes, Love Monkey was/is amazingly written and the characters were perfect!

Alot of shows I have liked over the years have come and gone and I have never cared enough about one to get online and search to find out what happened until this show. I even passed on watching Boston Legal, which I love, just to watch Love Monkey every week, well now I\\\'m watching Boston Legal again, thanks to the network that canceled Love Monkey.

• Heard VH1 may want to bring it back.

Heard VH1 may want to bring it back. It makes a lot of sense for them. How do we convince them to do it? Anyone have any connections there? Any email addresses?

This is exactly the kind of show that should've started on cable anyway. The big channels never know how to treat anything with any innovation.
  • I am so disappointed that this was cancelled after just a few shows. Every episode shown was perfect. Who is making these terrible decisions at the network? Obviously they are not in touch with what the educated public wants in the form of entertainment.

This show is sharp and funny, from start to finish. The relationships between the guys are believable, and the perspective from someone inside the music industry was so original and fresh. Just the right balance between drama and comedy, with a little love interest thrown in on top. Add to that some fresh new artists and a great sound track- I couldn\'t believe it was network TV!!! I guess if it isn\'t a reality show, it is not going to make it these days. How sad!
  • When I saw the previews for this show, I couldn't wait to watch. It was just as I thought it would be, my new favorite show. Finally a show that didn't have to do with hospitals or reality tv.

Love Monkey was a show that kept me watching. I didn't feel dumber while watching it. It was a show that I could relate to and was a "breath of fresh air" as some would say. It was a show that found a way to entertain without having doctors and airhead women running around. This show was real, and It would be great if it was brought back to TV. I would actually have a show to watch! Love Monkey gave birth to the artist Teddy Geiger. I heard him for the first time on this show and then again on the radio today. I'm sure if kept on air, more wonderful artists would emerge. It is a shame to see it go. It was an awesome show!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6