Luck Forums

HBO (ended 2012)

First Impressions?

JNM911

[1]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 4

Luck premiered on Sunday (ignoring the sneak peek back in December) to raving critic reviews and a bunch of "Huh?s" from us "normal folk." After just one episode airing HBO has already picked up Luck for a second season. Obviously they see something in the show; the question is do you? What were your first impressions of the new drama? Do you think it's going to be come a viewer favorite? Or end up another show for the critics, like Treme? Will you even be sticking around to find out?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mlauzon

[2]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 8
    I didn't much care for it, I think it's going to be made -- and has been made -- for critics. It's actually quite boring, don't know if I'll watch ep3....

fweak

[3]Feb 7, 2012
    • level: 48

It was sooo boring. Even Dustin Hoffman looked bored out of his mind. There was also way too much racing jargon, which left us scratching our head as to what people were saying. I didn't finish the pilot and won't be watching it again.

mlauzon

[4]Feb 13, 2012
    Well, I caved and watched ep3, it was just as boring as ep1 & 2. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to greenlight this as a series.

Also, I cannot stand Ritchie Coster -- the wannabe Kevin Spacey -- if I wanted to see Kevin Spacey act, I'd watch a movie with Kevin Spacey.

AngelWhisper

[5]Feb 17, 2012
    • level: 1

From the point of view of a horse lover: I love this show! I love the smart dialogues, directing is amazing and there is no weak link in acting, everything is just perfect. My favourite new show this year. I can understand that horse-riding jargon might be difficult to understand for those who are not familiar with it, but writing is really, really great. This show is a real piece of art. Me and my friends will be looking forward to every new episode .

mlauzon

[6]Feb 19, 2012
    I am a horse lover, I lived out in the countryside in the late '70s to early '80s, but this show IS boring!