A Lucky 7 Community
ABC (ended 2013)
It was reported across the internet today, including in a TV.com article written by Tim that ABC's new drama Lucky 7 was canceled after two episodes. Now I will answer some questions that I have thought of to answer.

When will we get to see Lucky 7's remaining episodes?

The answer to this question is not known, but we can tell you when it will not be aired and give you an idea on where you can find the episodes. ABC will be airing Scandal repeats in Lucky 7's place until a new show takes over, so that means it's to the Saturday and/or summer or the internet with Lucky 7. All the episodes of all of ABC's canceled shows last year were seen in some way, whether they aired in their timeslot (Last Resort) or they aired in the summer (Family Tools, How to Live with Your Parents) or they aired on Saturdays in the summer (666 Park Avenue, Zero Hour) or the remaining episodes were released online (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23). It is unknown how many episodes are left unaired. It is highly unlikely that all 13 ordered episodes were produced. Wikipedia has listed episode titles up through episode five, so it sounds like at least 5 episodes were produced. My guess would be that somewhere from 5 to 10 episodes have been produced in total.

Why did ABC cancel Lucky 7 anyway?

In the TV world, at least on the major networks, it's [mostly] all about the adults 18-49 ratings. Lucky 7's first episode earned a 1.3 rating. That means that approximately 1.3% of people ages 18-49 in the US watched the episode on their TV or in some other way on the day it was aired. That's the lowest rating ever for a premiere of a fall drama on ABC ever. The next week, the show fell even lower, reaching a 0.7 rating. You may think that is funny because the show's name is Lucky 7 and it got a 0.7 rating, but that is not good news at all. So, the following Friday came a cancelation for Lucky 7. So don't go blaming ABC, blame the people ages 18-49 that are Nielsen viewers that did not watch Lucky 7.

What are your thoughts on the cancelation?

Why, thank you for asking! I am upset that Lucky 7 got canceled, but, honestly, I knew it was coming. It was going to happen probably this week or next week, and it did. I'm going to miss the show, it was really good and definitely had potential. And you know who deserves an Emmy? David Zebel & Jason Richman for their writing on "Inside Job" and Lorraine Bruce for her performance as Denise. But shows that got canceled after two episodes don't usually get Emmys.

ABC canceled Lucky 7 on Friday, October 4, 2013 after the show had aired two episodes.
14 Comments
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
You could say that this show wasn't... lucky
Yeah!
Flag
It's kind of ironic, some of the names of some shows that got canceled early on: Zero Hour, Do No Harm, Lucky 7.
Flag
Thank you for taking the time to write this post-cancellation report. It was/is a good show with, as you said, lots of potential. I don't know why no one watched, other than it doesn't fit into any of the usual, popular categories of the day. It's a shame, but not a surprise. I, for one, will continue to watch any episodes that may find their way to the air.
Flag
Your reasoning is spot on, and that's what's most disappointing about this. The show was brave in its uniqueness. It probably didn't get watched for the same reason Holly wood keeps cranking out Paranormal Activity/Saw/Scream/Scary Movie/Transformers 2, 3, 4 and Spiderman/Batman 1, 2, 3 and then a new 1... People love what is familiar and makes them feel secure. Apparently they don't like change. It's too bad.
Flag
You are very welcome and thank you for reading it. I agree with you completely, and I too will watch any remaining episodes I can see.
Flag
Maybe HuluPlus can pick it up as original programming. They've done that in the past.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members