A Lucky 7 Community
ABC (ended 2013)

The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are about 1 in 175 million, according to a quick Google search. But those are still better than ABC lottery drama Lucky 7's odds of surviving until the end of its 13-episode order after the 0.7 18-49 demo rating it posted in its second week. Television's Grim Reaper emerged from its mausoleum under the Hollywood sign today and strolled down to ABC, where it swung its might scythe into the heart of the two-episodes-old Lucky 7, making it the first cancellation of the fall season, according to TV Line

The drama starred Matt Long, Isiah Whitlock, Jr., Summer Bishil, and Lorraine Bruce as employees of a gas and service station who pooled their money and won a lottery jackpot, changing their lives forever, for better or worse. I loved the idea but didn't care much for the pilot, and apparently viewers didn't either. It debuted to 4.43 million viewers and earned a 1.3 in the adult demo before plummeting to 2.62 million viewers and a 0.7 rating this week. That is not good. At all. 

But some viewers will miss Lucky 7 for what it wasn't. It was not a cop show, a detective show, an FBI show, a doctor show, a lawyer show, a firefighter show, a superhero show, a serial-killer show, a vampire show, a werewolf show, a reality show, a zombie show, a home-improvement show, a singing show, a sketch-comedy show, a fairy-tale show, or a show about domes. So kudos for trying to be original, Lucky 7 (however, let's not forget that it was an adaptation of a British series). 

Repeats of Scandal, whose Season 3 premiere went bonkers in the ratings last night, will replace Lucky 7. There's no word on if or when ABC will air the remaining produced episodes. 

Last year, the Reaper waited until October 10 to make its first cancellation, claiming the soul of Made in Jersey after two episodes. The year before that? The Playboy Club, also on October 4.  

Did YOU have Lucky 7 in your Dead Pool?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/22/2013

Season 1 : Episode 5

189 Comments
Comments (189)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well I just lost the dead poll. Guess I know better for next time.
Flag
That's okay, I give Ironside one episode before it bites some dust!

Flag
Dead Pool--FTW!!!!
Flag
Lucky 7 had the same premise as Windfall, a summer show from a few years ago and the same problem as it and other shows with a singular inciting incident (like The Nine). After the single incident that brings these people together, there is nothing that holds them (or us, the viewer). There is a reason there are no great dramas about the local plumber or banker. So they won the lottery in episode 1. What are they gonna do in episode 2, episode 20, episode 100? We'll never know (and that's a good thing)
Flag
I watched maybe 15 minutes of this show and ran to the computer to see if it had be axed. No surprise. I had it in my dead pool.
Flag
Yes, this was totally on my Dead Pool. :)
Flag
also the 642 followers of this show ...are they just people who follow everything or did they have a real interest?
Flag
I had this in my hulu queue in case I ran out of other stuff and I would then maybe give it a shot. after watching the trailer though I knew I would probably have little to no interest in the show.
Flag
I didn't even consider this a real show!!
Flag
yay it was on my dead list !!!!! one down four more to go
Flag
I saw the UK version and can't be bothered to see this one.
Flag
yay my dead pool is off to a good start!
Flag
I knew this show was in trouble the moment I saw its premiere's Nielsen Ratings.
Flag
I WISH this had been in my Dead Pool list!

Flag
Yep. It was #3 on my "dead list".
Flag
Funny. I never even heard of this show lol.
Flag
Our Brit one was pretty awful; I feel sorry you guys had to suffer your own version......
Flag
Sweet. I put it in my Dead Pool list pretty much at random.
Flag
Check one off for my Dead Pool.
Flag
One ticked off on my Dead Pool list so far.
Keep 'em coming!
Flag
I should have put this in my Dead Pool. >.<
Flag
Had Lucky 7 in my deadpool, but I also had the Blacklist :/ *sigh*
Flag
RIP "Lucky 7." It was my first Dead Pool selection. It seemed the most obvious candidate.
Flag
Drat, I took it out. Bah.
Flag
This is annoying. And ridiculous. And distressing. How can a show be canceled after two episodes? You know what this is going to do? It's going to force other shows to cram as much story as they can into the first episodes so they don't get branded "slow" and lose their show before it even gets rolling. And that is not necessarily a good thing because it's going to be at the expense of the nuances that make a show great - building tension and suspense, character development, presenting mysteries... Sigh
Flag
No. Really. Don't do it. Don't confuse "total crap that should never have been aired and thus got cancelled" with "smart but slow and got cancelled without being given a chance". You're not talking about Kings or Firefly here, you're talking about a total disaster or a redneck-fest failure.
Flag
So - just to clarify - I do not think Lucky 7 was even close to on par with a show as amazing as Firefly. At least nothing that we've seen of this show yet. But that's the point - we don't really know whether the show was any good or not. We know almost nothing about it compared to a show with a full or even half season run. What I am saying is that a trend (should one arise) of canceling shows after only a couple episodes would be bad for TV in general, because those shows with Firefly-caliber potential won't get the chance to prove their worth. At least Firefly got 13 episodes and a movie. If we only got to see two episodes of Firefly before they yanked it, would it be considered the cult classic it is now? How could it with no real time to develop the story, the universe, the characters, etc. That's my only point - networks should give the shows they invest in a chance to get rolling before making hasty cancelation decisions.
Flag
I honestly never expected this, Lucky 7 was a show with no murder, darkness, death and destruction, was a breath of fresh air for TV for once
Flag
Exactly. Anything that's not another police procedural, I root for. Oh well, better "luck" next time. :-(
Flag
I sincerely hope they air the remaining episodes! I enjoy the show so much; it feels "real" in a way that few network shows do.
Flag
Damn, I got my dead pool down to six shows, and then I cut this one to make my five. This was always going to get cancelled, but with the sheer amount of garbage available in this new season, I hoped others would fall before it...
Flag
The first two episodes, I must admit, were bit slow but they had one thing, it was totally different from other offerings and I like that. Anyway nothing should be cancelled after only two episodes, that is outrageous. Any new show require at lest five to six episodes to find it niche. If Lucky 7 was cancelled then I guess the next one will be Welcome to the Family.
Flag

Wow 2 episodes in and it just gets the stick. Unfortunately I Never had it in my deadpool picks.

Flag
I liked the show, it was different, but not that interesting. I knew it was doomed though, it had no chance in the that timeslot and the lack of promotion. I had put it on my list. Happy/sad I guess...
Flag
Get in there!!!! Let's be honest, Lucky 7 was the easiest choice this year.
Flag
It's on my list!!!! Yes. This is my first deadpool and I got one right. Sorry it got cancelled (not that I watched it but I'm sure someone is sad it's gone). From the trailers I've seen I hope dads is next because it looks so bad and not funny
Flag
Damn. Not in my Deadpool. People who have it should get bonus points for it being the first show cancelled.
Flag
I don't think that they offer bonus points, but they should. Maybe next year.
Flag
Once I said I will never again watch a show about a detective (Sherlock doesn´t count), an FBI show ( but I do watch Homeland and Piper Perabo/Annie Walker), a doctor/hospital show, a lawyer show (Saul doesn´t count), a superhero show (does SHIELD counts?), a serial-killer show (of course after DEXTER), a vampire show, a werewolf show, a reality show (NEVER, NEVER), a zombie show (once TWD is finished), a home-improvement show (what is that?), a singing show (cut after American Idol season 3), a cop show, a New York cop show, a fairy-tale show, a LOST type show (though I am in season 5 of re-watching the show) and definitely not a show about Domes. Is not so easy to keep the early promises, and thank you American Horror Story for not falling into any of the previous categories.

Flag
So...pretty much you watch all the shows you said you wouldn't lol
Flag
Yeah, but there are less and less now, and once these are done, I am keeping my promises. Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, even Sherlock, don´t fall into the typical shows categories. And by watching again LOST, I understand how good it was, and how much crap new shows are.
Flag
IT WAS IN MY DEADPOOL! YESS!! Although, being from England, I did have a slight advantage having already seeing the original
Flag
Lucky me I never even heard of it. Sorry for all the people hoping and dreaming to work for 7 lucky seasons ;)
Flag
In my Deadpool. Something was just missing for this show. Can't place my finger on it-maybe it's busy looking for my lottery ticket. Good luck L7 Cast.
Flag
YES, it was on my dead pool.
Flag
As an inspiring writer I know I shouldn't feel happy that a new show has failed so quickly, but I can't help but feel a tad satisfied knowing it was in my Dead Pool.
Flag
An INspiring writer, really? So, who is inspired by your writing?
Flag
It should have been Aspiring writer, me thinks. But a mistake like that wouldn't have been caught by the spellchecker. Better get some good proof-readers. ;)
Flag
Yes, I better lol
Flag
what a shame. I liked it.
Flag
My first pick! :)
Flag
Yes - my first ticked box on the deadpool list !
Sorry fans of the show for being happy in your time of sadness.
Flag
So who'll embed a YuToob link with Clay Davis doing a "Sheeeeeeeit!" from The Wire? Or did I already miss one?
Flag
I had this in my Dead Pool!
Flag
Darn, and I was hoping Agents of Shield would be the first cancelled because it's absolutely the worst new drama this season, in my opinion. The numbers for it went down from ep. 1 to ep. 2. Hope that trend continues. As for Lucky 7, the pilot was ok and I was going to continue, but won't get that chance now.
Flag
Well...if you don't like it you don't really have to watch it..
Flag
I honestly thought that Dads would have been the first show to get canned this year
Flag
not with Seth McFarlane behind it; Fox has got to let it stink up the air waves just a little longer. I saw one episode and was done it was just embarrassing. That type of humor only works in cartoons.
Flag
I hope it lasts a season at least, I didn't put it on my Dead Pool specifically because of McFarlene's involvement, but I also didn't anticipation the NCIS/ Agents of SHIELD ratings dominance at the same time, so now I'm a little worried about its future.
Flag
It's in my dead pool it's racist and unfunny tic toc that show's going down
Flag
A show following 7 characters (none actors with general name recognition) going through the "I'm so happy! But I'm so sad!" stories about winning millions? Is anyone really surprised?

Flag
Already? Wow... I mean I figured it would fail, but not this fast.
Flag
Wow, that was fast.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members