TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Luther Forums

BBC (ended 2013)

The taxi driver...

Heather_H

[1]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 35

Did I miss something or did we never find out why the taxi murderer put his victims' belongings around their head like a halo? I know it's not that important to the storyline as a whole, but it bothers me that it was never explained.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TylerA46

[2]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 11

Heather_H wrote:

Did I miss something or did we never find out why the taxi murderer put his victims' belongings around their head like a halo? I know it's not that important to the storyline as a whole, but it bothers me that it was never explained.

Wasn't he some kind of purse-fetishist? If such thing exists. He took the purses only. Also, he was killing his wife over and over, but also "loved" her, and after the murders he felt some kind of "remorse" and had to leave the victims in order, so he arranged the things.

Edited on 06/02/2010 7:37am

almaslegacy

[3]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 3

Good question!!!

I thought the same thing. Why the arrangement? @TylerA46's explanation seems plausible but I want the writer's explanation.

Heather_H

[4]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 35

Thanks! Yeah, that explanation does make sense. The writers probably just wanted to make the murders to seem more intriguing and didn't have a reason for it so botched one together. Still, if that's the only hole I find in the show I'll be a happy viewer. REALLY looking forward to tonight