Luther Forums

BBC (ended 2013)

Well that's a wrap!

AbrarAhmed0

[1]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 4

Thoughts, folks? I preferred the extended character development this time around but I still have some gripes.

Also, any news on another renewal?

Cheers!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TylerA46

[2]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 11

Only 4 episode season, that's awful. It was so great, but at least it ended on a high. These twins were the worst evil in television... I hope Luther is back (with Alice, without Grey) and Elba finds time between his two movies with killer aliens.

Edited on 07/06/2011 5:18am

angeland8

[3]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 10
    Loved the first case - with Spring-heeled Jack, the second one - not so much. It started perfect with that scene in the shop, but than it became too much and too unreal.
    And there was not enough Alice! I missed her so much! That Jenny girl is ok, but I don't want to see her as a regular cast. Just bring back Alice and Mark. And of course I hope they will bring back the show

tonrdam

[4]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 3
    angeland8 wrote:
    Loved the first case - with Spring-heeled Jack, the second one - not so much. It started perfect with that scene in the shop, but than it became too much and too unreal.
    And there was not enough Alice! I missed her so much! That Jenny girl is ok, but I don't want to see her as a regular cast. Just bring back Alice and Mark. And of course I hope they will bring back the show
    i agree with you about alice, she was a perfect compagnon to luther.

About the second case becoming unreal, we see people taking a gun and starting to kill random people way to much, this version is out there sure but not that much. Loved the solution though "between a and l and aim lo"

balsy

vicbjones

[5]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 12

Why does Jenny let Tobey into the flat, and isn't that a question you'd expect John to ask? Also, what's to prevent Frank from snitching on John for intimidating a witness? I only saw the last three episodes, but I was particularly enthralled with episodes two and four.

DavidMaynard1

[6]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 2

Still have a few episodes left to go, but I felt compelled to comment. Although I like the show, there are a few plot points that don't make sense with Luther's character. In one episode (the one with the guy with the mask) he showed the importance of maintaining control over the situation, but in the latter episodes with Jenny he basically gave into the demands of the people she worked for.