Luther

Tuesday 9:00 PM on BBC Premiered May 04, 2010 Between Seasons

TheOldBill

Luther Fan Reviews (11)

• Dexter is what Luther scrapes off the bottom of his shoe...

Well, I'm glad that's over. Not an auspicious season.

Two points:

1. THE COPPERS IN BRITAIN SHOULD CARRY GUNS.

2. Any building with an inside lock on an exterior door (Luther's condo, apparently) should be investigated by OSHA (or whichever agency does that) in the since Britain doesn't have the proper inspectors for their real estate.

Any road, I'm glad that's over and I won't be spending my coin to see your movie, Idris. Sorry.

***

Interesting, no posts on this show whatsoever.

No matter, it's still light years a better show than Dexter. But one question:

DO THE COPPERS IN BRITAIN STILL NOT CARRY GUNS???????????????????????????

Oh, and on the malarkey, it was a red herring. Not a very good one, either. The last season was nowhere near as good as the other two.

Good luck in the movies, Idris. Don't become a Clive Owen or a Hugh Grant, I'm begging you.

***

On Season Three:

Oh boy, just as tough to watch as the previous two seasons. Elba is amazing, as per his usual.

All four last ever episodes are available On Demand. There will be a movie, it seems, to continue the series. Not for me, thanks all the same.

One bit of malarkey in the last season, episode one, to set up the finale. Again, glad to know what's coming, that is one of the best things about Brit shows that are spoiled in Wikipedia. Don't want to spoil it, but it's not believable, especially based on season two.

Well, to those who admire television as it should be made: steel yourself and enjoy.

On Seasons One and Two:

Wow. I have tried many times to watch this show, it is rough, and I can only watch it in small portions.

I have always loved Idris Elba, he was one of the best parts of The Wire. He is amazing in this show, but the storylines? Hoo boy.

Not for the faint of heart.

Glad it's coming back, but too bad the weasels at FIOS leave in the commercials when they put it on On Demand.

Oh well, back to the amazing show that is Luther.
PBS