MacGyver

Bushmaster

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 23, 1987 on ABC

• Mac to the rescue... Again

The ep was very adventurous, like almost every ep of the show. Some situations were a little predictable, like Kelly getting in the plane to rescue her father and her again screaming when the man was shot. I love Macgyver´s sense of humor. Even when he is in danger he has something funny to say. And I think that sense of humor saves him most of the time, making him stronger.

The girl was a little bit stubborn, knowing nothing about rescue missions and being very vulnerable because her own father was taken.

At the end, the ep was good, exciting and fun to watch.

LG
  • Despite high-adventure theme and plenty of cleverness throughout, the energy level just wasn't that high on this episode.

On paper, "Bushmaster" seems like it should have been a great episode. The adventure level in the Central American one-horse dictatorship was certainly on-point. Clever MacGyverisms, ranging from the use of a refrigerator's free-on cartridge to freeze a lock to using egg whites to plugging a radiator full of holes, also impressed. Nonetheless, the subdued tone of this episode, along with some marginal acting and a general lack of energy keep me from giving it a ringing endorsement. The opening scene with the war game didn't get things off to a great start as the acting was unconvincing by all. Also preposterous was Kelly's theory that she had to commandeer the rescue of her father so she could prove her credentials as "a son". All in all, the episode seemed rushed and kind of forced, clever at times but lacking in narrative inspiration. It would have been a good episode by the exhausted seventh season, but doesn't hold up as well as most in season two.
  • ok episode...

Mac is sent off to rescue a pilot and the pilot's daughter decides to tag along and almost screw up the entire mission. I did not really like this episode very much. The female character got on my nerves, but I found it funny how opposite she and MacGyver were. There were plenty of interesting MacGyverisms in this episode and also plenty of action. Still, the story was not up to par and the characters, other than Mac, were annoying. . . Oh, and the pilot's limp was terrible and it got on my nerves. Overall, just an ok, average episode.
CLOO