MacGyver

Harry's Will

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 05, 1990 on ABC

6.3
  • MacGyver's grandpa leaves clues in his will to a valuable pendent that leads MacGyver and Cody on an elaborate treasure hunt to find it, and along the way Cody learns that money isn't everything.

The end of this epidode is uncommonly hillarious. I love that the misterious guy in the black van that is traditionally very clever or very bad turns out to be a guy that seems to be loose from the crazy house! It was the most hillarious ending I have ever sceen. I also loved the part when Dent smashes the chicken at the drive-through. And the only responce to that is that an employee askes him what he's doing! The beginig is also funny when you think about the former Fonzy being a neat freak that pays way too much attention to detail. I also liked how they put in people from Happy Days and they immitated a lot of people at the end. It made for a great episode that way good on soo many leavels.
  • Good episode....

In this episode MacGyver gets a will from his grandfather and he inherits a 1957 Chevy Nomad. That is a pretty nice car. I really liked how they had Henry Winkler in the beginning of this episode, he of course played Fonzy on happy days I've never seen an episode of happy days but I still know who he is. MacGyver along with a friend of his grandfather are looking for this diamond and they run into a couple people along the way. The end of the episode was, well, it was different with that crazy guy there. I just had to laugh. Later...
  • This humorous, oddball outing provided a lighthearted example of the caliber of storytelling this show is capable of.

This heavily hyped parody of the 1960's film "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" was chock full of C-list stars and campy humor, and made for a very clever publicity stunt for a series that was always short on hype. I've never seen "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World", but I'm doubtful this is a direct ripoff given the MacGyver-specific subplots including MacGyver's grandfather. The story, and the treasure hunt, was very well told with some touching moments to go along with all the silliness and the late Lincoln Kibbee deserves acclaim for another first-rate script. The only part of the episode that flopped was the final scene with Rich Little, which unlike the clever silliness that transpired throughout the rest of the hour, was just pointless and stupid. And, by the way, the publicity stunt worked, as "Harry's Will" generated a 14.0 rating, the highest MacGyver got all season and the only time all year that MacGyver would win his time slot.