MacGyver

Passages

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 30, 1990 on ABC

• An emotionnaly charged episode.

This is a very special episode for me having lost my father when I was 8. MacGyver near death experience makes him travel to the other side with his grandpa Harry who suffered a stroke. The "death" is represented by a ship where dead people live. MacGyver finds out his parents, whom he haven't seen in a long time, are aboard and he wants to go in to see them (even if that means never go back). Harry knows and tells MacGyver that once the three horns are blown there's no coming back to life! Mac decides to go in because he feels his time has come. When he meets his parents the emotion is at it's highest, but Harry tells Mac that if he chooses to die and stay on the ship it will have consequences on the people still alive. So Mac learns that if he stays, his boss but also his best friend Pete will be killed. He then decides to go back (not without pitfalls), but Harry stays on the ship because his time has come and Mac makes peace with him and "saves" Pete's life.
    A great image of how your life can be after you die, it's the author perception and it's a great one filled with love and of course family!! A great finish to season 5.