MacGyver

ABC (ended 1992)

Gislef

MacGyver Fan Reviews (99)

• It's magic...

I remember when I was around 10. We were playing outside. Nothing could disturb our game, everyone was having fun. Then there was the signal, "McGyver is on TV", someone shouts.That's it.Everyone running to their houses to watch their hero. A man who is not a superhero, not particularly strong, he doesn't like to kill, he does not use weapons. But he does things that to everyone looked like magic. The show was nothing special technically, you can even say that it had some serious flaws. But honestly, who cares. I didn't care then, I certainly don't care now. Its amazing originality and the charisma of the leading man did the trick. Richard Dean gave life to one of the most likable characters ever created. If you add to that the supporting cast of his friends and villains, all together they create a miraculous result. This show is the perfect example that no special effects and sound effects and other technical issues cannot replace an ideal casting,its chemistry and a really original story. Violence is not the key to everything, just use your brain.Thanks for the lessons Mac.