MacGyver

ABC (ended 1992)

Gislef

MacGyver Fan Reviews (99)

• My All-time Fave Hero

I was 10 when I started watching MacGyver and no one can get me off in front of the television once it's started.I would collect all of RDA's posters and make it the wallpaper in my room.:P I still can hum its opening theme even after 25 yrs. After it ended I still kept on looking for networks that aired it again.I still adore this witty hero.No tv series have captivated and made me glued to my seat every Saturday night more than MacGyver.

Of course this tv series was way back then.Special fx in tv and movies have gone a long way.We can't expect the younger gen to appreciate it the way we used to.Technology were simpler then and so does the fx used.If you're looking for bombastic blasts and nerve-cracking adventures go "MI" or Indiana Jones.However, MacGyver isn't about that at all.It's just about using what we have during emergencies, being creative and witty.But please NEVER post a review if you haven't seen it!

What's also great about the hero is his being a gentleman.We don't have this kind of hero anymore.It's also about friendship and never having grudges.I really admire how Mac helped his nemesis "Murdock" when the later's sister was taken hostage.We can't find that kind of guy anymore.Who would help someone who never wastes his time planning a plot to kill you?Maybe what made MacGyver last for 7 yrs though some episodes do have some flaws is the hero's character.We can see a part of ourselves in him or wished we had.What we look forward to every week is what would Mac do and how would he get out of the trouble he's in.The story doesn't really matter.We loved his ingenuity and wits.Period.