MacGyver

The Odd Triple

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 29, 1988 on ABC

6.8
  • More entertaining Jack Dalton fare, but the execution of this episode didn't floor me as much as most third season episodes did.

7.7
    Returning on leap year day 1988 after the Winter Olympics, MacGyver and Jack Dalton embarked on another globe-trotting adventure that entertained, but at least in my opinion, didn't stack up among the best episodes of the season. The double-cross involving the jewel heist was cleverly crafted, and Pete's outrage as Mac's latest debacle with Dalton was hilarious, but the episode lost some of its energy in the second half. There was nothing particularly worthy of criticism in the second half (other than the usual silliness of "locking MacGyver up" for a few hours before following through with plans to kill him) and Pete's infiltration of the jewel auction was amusing and suspenseful, but I didn't walk away from this episode as blown away as I usually did at this stage of the series. I continue to harbor the same feelings about this episode which would have been extremely solid by the standards of your average 80's crimefighter series but doesn't stand out in the crowd by MacGyver standards.