MacGyver

The Stringer

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 1992 on ABC

• After 7 years, MacGyver leaves........with his son!!

I don't know why this website list this episode as being the penultimate episode, cause it was the last MacGyver episode (a Richard Dean Anderson address at the end proves it).
    It may not be the best adventure on this shows run, still it hooks up Mac with his son who's a photojournalist (a stringer). Nevertheless it's a very good episode that mixes well their "mission" with part of their past. Great to see the chemestry between the two. Like Pete says "he's a chip from the old block". But just the last few minutes of the show makes it great, Mac leaves with his son on a motorcycle and bids farewell to his long time boss and best friend Pete Thornton, an emotionnaly charged scene, to say the least, well acted. I'm really happy to see this series end on such a good note and to see a real ending, sometimes series get cancelled and they don't even get a chance to end it like it should, but they truly did a great job.

Thanks MacGyver for all the great memories that I was able to live back on DVD!!