MacGyver

The Widowmaker

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 16, 1987 on ABC

• Murdoc is back...

This is one of my favorite episodes maybe because it was the first episode I ever watched of this show.
    MacGyver is up in the mountains climbing with a friend who wants more than just a friendship but things don't turn out the way she wants. She has an accident and Mac blames himself for it. So he goes into hiding and not even Pete can make him change his mind. But Nikki Carpenter shows up as well as Murdoc and the chase begins.
    Poor Mac. Watching a friend die is a terrible thing. I liked the addition of Nikki Carpenter because they worked well together, even when we were all used to see Mac on his own, I liked how they were arguing most of the time. She was a good friend in this episode and was trying to get him out of his sadness and back into "the living" world. But Murdoc, back again, is after them and has a terrible end in a very exciting scene. When he cut his own rope and Nikki hanging from the cliff, had me on the edge of my seat.
    The take when Mac and Nikki get to the top of the mountain is simply wonderful. This is one of the things I liked from this show, the beautiful landscapes, the forest, the trees, the nature.
    It's funny how when Murdoc is at Mac's houseboat you see pictures of him with Jack, Pete and Mike, the deceased friend. There were so many women in his life and he only has a picture of her... I wonder where Penny Parker went. And how convenient when Mac is sending the SOS at the time the guy from the store in on the phone...
    Good and exciting episode, brings me back memories of my childhood.
    LG