Macross 7

(ended 1998)

SrRui

Macross 7 Fan Reviews (5)

7.3
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called Macross 7 in the first place?
  • I can't believe I actually enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures.

I can't believe I actually enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it. I can't believe I'm typing this but long live Macross 7. You have one more (secret) supporter here! Rating is 8.
  • I get a funny feeling whenever I watch Macross 7 on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception.

I get a funny feeling whenever I watch Macross 7 on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception. When I picked this up during my visit to Blockbuster, I knew I was in for a treat as I have been so many times felt before. I was right! If you haven't gotten this yet, beg, steal, buy or do whatever you need to get it. You won't regret it
  • Macross 7: The Continuation of Robotech, but with Max and Miriya as two of the lead characters...

You know when I found this series I became so happy. First it was a continuation of the Robotech/Macross time line and that's always cool, but the main characters this time around was Max and Miriya [Milla]. Even though the storyline was kinda lame and the main character was Max and Miriya's bi-polar daughter Myleene, it was still worth it just to see the two characters that got me started with anime in the first place.
  • Macross 7 is a sequel to the popular classic series, SDF Macross (aka Robotech, more or less). This 49 episode anime is not a continuation of the original storyline, but an independent side story revolving around a rock band, Fire Bomber, and their use o

1.2
    If you are a fan of Macross or loved the U.S. release, Robotech, then don't bother watching this anime. You will be sorely dissappointed by it's laughable plot, poor artwork and animation. In addition, every action scene is essentially just five clips used over and over again--a great way to cut costs and irritate the viewer. The plot is based on an egocentric rock musician, Basara, and his band members who battle aliens with their music. While the original Macross had some of the most ingenious and "cool" looking veritechs and robots I've ever seen in the robot anime genre, Macross 7 complements their poor animation quality with lame-looking "Fisher-Price" mecha. But wait, it gets better. Basara flies his veritech fighter with an electric guitar mounted in the cockpit. Yes, a guitar. He zooms out into space during every attack by the alien force and strums his guitar while singing the same rock song over and over again. If you aren't sick of the terrible song they've chosen to be the main theme music for Basara by the third episode, then you are more patient than Ghandi himself. The only redeeming part of this anime I've heard from others is that the musical score and songs are quite good for an anime. Aside from the main song sung in Basara's retarded "battle scenes," I'd have to agree that the other songs are not bad at all, even though I'm not a big Japanese rock music fan. If that's the case, then just go buy the OST or pick up a Fire Bomber album (which is a real group) and listen to the music. You'll save yourself about 1000 minutes of viewing disappointment. If this anime was intended for 5-year-old audiences, its weak plot, poor animation, and all around terrible qualities could be overlooked. Unfortunately, from the packed sexual innuendo, that's clearly not the case, and it makes this anime an absolute insult to the below-average man's intelligence.