Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Forums

NBC (Holiday Event 1948)

Am I dreaming things or has the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade gone downhill?

Antique22

[1]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 11

Every Thanksgiving I've noticed that every single Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year has gone downhill and I don't understand why a big Thankgiving tradition has gotten ruined and has caused the Nelsen Ratings for each parade every year to go downhill. Is it because Macy's is trying to give the parade a whole new attitude and a bigger audience to boost ratings for the most watched holiday specials every year? Or is it to get more people to see the parade in person and to cause more ticket sales? Because when I have watched it it has become a very fine mess and I can't figure outwhy Macy's and NBC has ruined and wrecked a very special holiday show. Take for instance have you ever noticed that EVERY single Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade shows 10 to 15 minutes of the parade then just when the next balloon or float seems to arrive they take a long commercial break and the commercials they show are not Macy's commercials but commercials for stores such as Kmart Target Kohl's and Best Buy and you might think that Macy's should have the guts to show their own commercials during their own holiday event. Another thing about the parade that I've noticed is that whenthey have a successful balloon or float for three or four years then retires them for no reason given and since the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has made this new rule I see less balloons and a lot more floats being added to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade a lot more. I remember when Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades in the 80's and 90's were the big affair of Thanksgiving and were wonderful and fun but look at the parade today and you'll see none of that but tons of floats are shown. And the final topic of this subject is every Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade I watch every year I get so tired of the way Santa Claus makes his debut during the end of the parade and when Santa appears he practically is silent and annoyingly waves his arms like the president and they should make Santa say "Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to make the parade end smoothly,

Do you think the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has gone downhill?,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Antique22

[2]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 11

Here's another thing I noticed about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that I cannot figure out why this became a habit and it has caused the parade to go downhill. Why is it that every Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has stars from it's NBC sitcoms and dramas and lets the hosts spend 20 to 45 minutes talking to them about anything from Thanksgiving plans to family life and this annoying habit annoys me so much that I consider these celebrity interviews a waste of time during the parade and these interviews take so long that they go to a commercial break when it's finally over. In my opinion the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade should give the hosts a time limit of ten minutes to hold a conversation and say Happy Thanksgiving to the celebrities and then focus on the balloons and floats. The other thing I noticed about the parade is why does NBC have the Today Show hosts be the stars and in my view and I discussed this with my father is NBC should have comedians or game show hosts be the stars of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade rather than the Today Show hosts and that would give the parade a new attitude and better ratings,

Do you agree?,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.