Mad About You

Deconstructive Criticism

Aired Unknown Dec 09, 1993 on NBC

• Lisa acquires her 15 minutes of fame under a pseudonym in her shrink's book, and Paul is caught in the middle of the sibling squabble that follows when Jamie takes exception to being called Lisa's overbearing sister.

This episode was really quite cute, but for some reason it just never really sparkled like it should have. The only reason I can think of for this, is that the argument between Jamie and Lisa kept going in circles instead of taking on more depth. So, Lisa thought Jamie was "overbearing and oppressive", but in what ways? I wanted to hear more stories and they were not forthcoming. But, otherwise, Lisa was her usual compulsive, in-your-face, funny self. And the rapport between Paul and Jamie was both warm and humorous, even with the touches of frustration which arose from what was going on with Lisa. Also, Steven Wright makes another makes another funny appearance and Ursula shows why she's so funny. It was, in most respects, a nice, entertaining episode. And even though I wish the riff between Jamie and Lisa had been more revealing.