Mad About You Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

Where are you all?

MissyPea

[1]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 5
    Am I the only Mad About You fan in he world? Am I the only person who thinks Paul Reiser is a genious?

Where are you all?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

koqexpert

[2]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 6
    Hi! I love Mad About You! My Fox station has recently started airing reruns, and I forgot how much I loved and miss this show!

MissyPea

[3]Dec 27, 2005
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am not alone... Please more people join us...

Do you have the dvds that have been released? I have the 2 first seasons I can't wait for more though (I think the third is out, but I don't have it)

koqexpert

[4]Dec 29, 2005
    No, I don't have any DVDs, but I may consider getting some. Which season is better, in your opinion?

MissyPea

[5]Dec 31, 2005
    Well I think they are all good - right now just the first and second season are on dvd - And if I had to cvhoose one it would be the first season. There is a dvd collection with mixed episodes of Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser's favourites... I contains 21 episodes picked from he seven seasons. I'm planing on getting all the seasons as they come ou, so I haven't gotten the collection. But if you don't want all seasons, then the collection, I guess is good. It has some extra material also. (Only region 1 though)
    Happy New Year!

koqexpert

[6]Jan 1, 2006
    Thanks for the info. I'm a big King of Queens fan too (hence the screen name), so I've been working on collecting those DVDs. But my next choice would be Mad About You, so maybe I'll start on those next. I hope they come out with more seasons than just the first two. The earlier seasons have always been my favorites, though

hmnut7

[7]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 12
    I am a huge mad about you fan too. I figured there would be more people here.

hammerz_13

[8]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 11
    I am A HUGE M.A.Y. fan!.....

but for those who don't know..i have some startling & "mad"ening news!... i have been in contact with the guys @ tvshowsondvd.com, for i was curious as to the studios plans to release seasons 3-7 of this AMAZIng tv show...&
    the response i got was

"there are no plans for any future releases", this came before the "collection" came out..then i asked why they did not continue with season sets & moved to a "collection" and the response i received was..."sales weren't good so this was kinda like the last ditch attempt to see if fans out there were really into the series, to warrent further continuation of the season sets"...

now i know this may seem like bad news, but i for one am glad i have the 3 releases (season 1 & 2 & the collection), and can only hope that in the future...the studio realizes that they didnt reallyadvertise these releases (as i say i am a huge fan & i only knew about them by accidentally finding them on the shelf of my local Futureshop)....

so i hate to be the bringer of bad news (if it is only bad news temporarily) but there are not current plans for future releases...hopefully that will change in the future thou!..

Question thou...what is everyone's favourite episode(s)?

koqexpert

[9]Jan 3, 2006
    Aw, that's bad news About the DVD's, I mean.

I am going to start a new thread for everyone's favorite episodes. Now that more people are visiting this forum, maybe we can get some discussion going.

koqexpert

[10]Jan 7, 2006
    Yippee! I got the Mad About You Collection for my birthday! I have already watched 4 episodes on it and LOVE IT! Plus, the extra stuff is good too :-)

BlondeAtHeart

[11]Jan 7, 2006
    I am also a HUGE Mad About You Fan. I was so sad to see that barely anyone wrote forum messages on TV.com! I have the 1st season and the Collection! R u really serisous that they aren't going to come out with any more DVD's? That is ridiculous!

ukwildcatsfan1

[12]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    I'm a little confused about the series on dvd. I read a review that encouraged people to buy the Favs dvd only if they didn't intend to buy the whole series. I may be wrong but I believe that season three should be out sometime this year. At least that's what I was told at Circuit City. Can anyone add any info?

hammerz_13

[13]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    ukwildcatsfan1 wrote:
    I may be wrong but I believe that season three should be out sometime this year. At least that's what I was told at Circuit City.

if so...i'd be the happiest person alive!....but ill hold in my excitment til there is/if there ever will be an announcement!

lovethalis

[14]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 7
    ukwildcatsfan1 wrote:
    I'm a little confused about the series on dvd. I read a review that encouraged people to buy the Favs dvd only if they didn't intend to buy the whole series. I may be wrong but I believe that season three should be out sometime this year. At least that's what I was told at Circuit City. Can anyone add any info?

Hello to all! HUGE M.A.Y. fan since the "beginning of time" and yes, I too think Paul Reiser is a GENIUS (funny someone else said that because if you read my review of the show that's exactly how I described him).

Now to add my 2cents about the DVDs, I too have seasons 1 & 2, did I buy the collection DVD? Not so much. I absolutely REFUSE to buy that garbage! I mean, what a slap in the face to the fans! There are shows out there like Laguna Beach and airhead Jessica Simpson's shows on DVD but Mad About You we can't have? Anyone else see something wrong there?? So until the "higher powers" decide to show the fans some appreciation and release the remaining seasons, they can shove the collection dvd up their tuchus!!

meli_f86

[15]Mar 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE mad about you.... I see reruns almost everyday!!!...

ukwildcatsfan1

[16]Apr 22, 2006
    • level: 1

After more research I to have found out that to date there are no plans to release future seasons on dvd.  Apparently season one and two have not sold as well as Sony hoped they would. Maybe season three will be produced next year if enough people ask.

I do agree that if a no talent ditz can have a show on dvd, then a academy award winning actress should have her show on dvd.

dcollette

[17]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 3
    I'm so glad to see that there are more fans than just me!!!!

LikeFineWine

[18]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    I LOVE M.A.Y.  I use to work with a couple who were so much like Jamie & Paul.  I kept telling them this and they finally watched the show. . . .they had to agree with me.  Hated to leave that job. . .it was lol action every day with those two.  I didn't know about the dvd's out there, but i'm excited and have put them on my wish list!

wikiman48

[19]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 19
    I love Mad About You! I started watching it when it started airing on Nick At Nite. 

Mattevt

[20]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 41
    I love Mad About You simply because Paul Reiser is amazing at life.