Mad About You

The Final Frontier (2)

Aired Unknown May 24, 1999 on NBC

• The finale was extremely out of character for the show. The show was always lighthearted and funny, and the finale was sad and dark. It made me cry. Not a very good way to send viewers away remembering the spirit of the show.

Why would they make the finale a speed view of Paul and Jamie's future? If that idea wasn't bad enough they did it in some sort of strange retrospect from Mabel, a character that was not a major part of the show. During the last season, half of the time I wondered where Mabel was because Paul and Jamie would be on their own. I'm also bitter about the sadness that was conveyed in the finale. 'Mad About You' was always a lighthearted view of the things that Paul and Jamie were dealing with. All of the sudden, there's this finale that makes the viewer feel sad. I thought the purpose of a finale was to send the viewer away with a memory of the show. This did nothing but upset and confuse me.