Mad Love

CBS (ended 2011)

laurameyer

Mad Love Fan Reviews (13)

7.4
  • The pilot is just not good enough.

When I first heard about this show, I thought it would be somewhat similar to 'How I Met Your Mother' but still be different. After having watched the pilot, I think that it is just a scaled down version of it. There were quite a few jokes and punch lines, as expected in a pilot. But, most of them weren't funny and the 'laugh track' didn't help either.

Jason Biggs was at his 'pie' best which just wasn't enough for the show. I was really disappointed to see Sarah Chalke doing this show. She could have done so much better after Scrubs. Judy Greer and Tyler Labine weren't that bad, however, their odd chemistry couldn't hold the pilot together.

If this show was to premiere on NBC, I think it could have lasted long. But, I don't see this show going anywhere on CBS unless they get rid of the HIMYM shadow. Frankly, even if this show was to improve in the next episodes, I don't think it could go beyond a season. Well, I hope I'm wrong and this show does continue because I really want to see more of Sarah Chalke and Tyler Labine.

For all the effort and little bit of comedy, I would like to give the show 4 stars.