A Mad Men Community
AMC (ended 2015)
staff
staff
staff
Discussion
Sep 18, 2013
Let's Discuss: Is Splitting the Final Season Over Two Years Insulting to Viewers?
In the age of Netflix unveiling full seasons at once, is AMC running a huge risk by spreading out the final season across two calendar years? Mad Men is one of my favorite shows, so I'll be tuning in nonetheless, but I have to admit that I'm pretty annoyed.

Could any other show get away with this, or do you think it's only something a more critically acclaimed show can pull off?
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Mad Men

Join in on the Mad Men general show discussion.

Discussion
Sep 04, 2013
Which Mad Men poster is your favorite?
1) Season 1 Seated Shadow

2) A Show about Truth

3) Sex. Lies. Storyboard

4) At the top

5) Deadly Sins

6) Men and Women

7) Season 2 Stairs

8) Season 3 Under Water

9) Season 4 - Window

10) Season 5 - Mannequin

11) Falling Man

12) Season 6 Illustration

Poll ...
Read more
Discussion
Jul 01, 2013
Vincent Kartheiser's Putrefaction

In the last two seasons they've really pushed for Pete's physical appearance to mirror his fairly rotten personality, sort of like the Picture of Dorian Grey without the picture. While I can appreciate the symbolism (and symbolism's what Mad Men's all about) it does make me sad, he was beautiful and now I don't know what he is. Vincent has really committed himself to the role, purposely gaining weight and having his hair shaved back to fake a receding hairline. And that's what I really wanted to mention, the hair. I should find picture(s) to post about it but I'm still intimidated by this site's copyright warnings. Luckily I found a site that with a slideshow on this to save me the trouble.

So the hair. Looking at it in Season 6 it has consistently looked fake and distracting to me ...

Read more
Discussion
Jun 27, 2013
I Think We should talk about all those dropped Storylines

Yeah so what I really noticed this season was that there were a whole bunch of dropped storylines (which really bugged me) Ill just list a few (and anyone else is free to add more). Idk do you guys think that they will even be mentioned next season and if so what do you think are their outcomes?

1) Dawn's friends marriage. This story was brought up earlier in the season and was talked about for around 3 but really went nowhere and I really thought that it was leading to something interesting with Dawn but I guess not. 2) Of course Joan and the Avon account 3) Anything to do with Mr. Bob Benson

hmmm for some reason Im drawing a blank but I know there is more.... ill think of them later

staff
Discussion
Jun 25, 2013
What were some of your favorite lines from Season 6?

I'll start: "That poor girl, she doesn't know that loving you is the worst way to get to you." - Betty

Follow this Show
Members
Episode 14 Season 7
Person to Person
Aired
Episode 13 Season 7
The Milk and Honey Route
Aired
Episode 12 Season 7
Lost Horizon
Aired
Episode 11 Season 7
Time & Life
Aired
Episode 10 Season 7
The Forecast
Aired
Don Draper
Roger Sterling
Peggy Olson
Joan Holloway Harris
Betty Draper Francis

It's New York in the 1960s, and the men and women who work at the Sterling Cooper Advertising Agency are some of the top names in the industry. Master manipulator and leading ad man Don Draper is at the top of his game, but there are those who want to see him topple down. Can he maintain his formidable status? Writer and executive producer Matthew Weiner of The Sopranos fame is the man behind this 13-episode original series on AMC.

moreless
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Dateline NBC
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    20/20
    NEW