TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Mad Men Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Which character would you most like to see jump out the window?

ceosmom

[1]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 20
    I would love to see some of these men jump (or get pushed) out of one of those big Sterling Cooper windows, none more so than the smarmy, creepy and socially inept Pete. What a jerk. I mean, here's a guy who wanted his wife to sleep with another man so he could get a short story published, then he chided her for not doing it. If it comes out that he's gotten Peggy pregnant, this would be the perfect "out" for his character. Good riddance. He isn't even interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dashedhopes

[2]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 3

personally, I'd keep Pete on. He may be a horrible person, but I definately want to see his character be developed. I think that he has some great potential to expand and become a complex person in later episodes, espicially with the possible Peggy Preggers plot coming up; it seems like it'll be do or die time for the both of them.

One person I'd like to see jump out a window is his wife. She pisses me off so much.

ceosmom

[3]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 20
    ...and she's a one-dimensional BORE.

neptune0909

[4]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    I can't stand Pete either but I have never liked the actor who plays him. I'll keep Joan around and that's about it.

MrBovineOrdure

[5]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 6

My money is on Don Draper being the jumper. I've got a feeling this will be in the final episode. After season 3, I can see how this could happen...

Don's secret past life as a deserter has been revealed to his wife

His wife left him

Though he's not bound by the "non-compete" contract with his office any more, the merry band in their new startup company is certainly guilty of theft.

Though I can see this going on for several more seasons, I get the feeling they'll initialy get away with the theft, their business will slowly get successful, Don will amass more wealth, then his wife will expose his secret to the rest of the world. Though the real Ms Draper in California won't have any issue with this, I'm sure the US government will.

Mr BO

MrBovineOrdure

[6]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 6

On review, I think it may very well be Pete...

In the title sequence we see a corner office. One that looks a lot like Don Draper's office but with an important exception. There is a picture on the wall (tape-measure folded in a random 10-sided figure, red outside, white inside with some kind of rectangular feature.) that we also see in Pete Campbell's office in the 2nd season. Also the twin goose-necked lamp on the desk is missing. I take from that that Pete will one day get Don's old office. Now whether or not the person we see entering the office then defenstrating himself is Pete is up for conjecture.

Also this would require that Pete would come back from the mutiny and end back in the Sterling Cooper building.

I agree he's the one I'd most like to see jump out the window. He's a soul-less creature.

Other pictures in that office include what looks like a window-front building facade with the address 8806 and a mostly black picture with writing on top and a see-through piece of luggage that has some kind of apparatus in it. I'll have to keep a watch out for those....

An addendum...

I saw the red picture in their meeting room.... Sort of shoots the theory...

Mr BO

Edited on 04/17/2010 11:59am

Petrophaga

[7]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 4

For all I care, they can take each others hand and jump all together. There is not one likable character on the show. The only enjoyable episodes were the last two and if the show would end at this stage - fine with me. So push them all out of the window and we are done with it. We may start with Betty, this petulant, annoying little b!tch who cares for no-one but herself and treats her children like sh!t, so push her first and let all the others fall on her to make sure she is really gone.

tjaman

[8]Oct 25, 2010
    • level: 32
    Duck. Duck is a horrible human being. He can fall on top of Roger when he's coming in.

Akinaria

[9]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 7

I wanted to see every single one of them pushed out the window when I first watched it. I still hate every single one of them as a person but I like watching them ruin themselves now. I liked Salvator. Sadly he was the one that did get, metaphorically, pushed out the window.

fembot1005

[10]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 2

None of them I love them all!

HelloStuart

[11]Jan 6, 2011
    • level: 63

Is there any reason why Harry is still around? They've barely given him anything to do these last two seasons.

On that note, whatever happened to Paul?

Edited on 01/06/2011 10:34am

CourtenayBush

[12]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 1

Well, I love Don Draper, not what he does outside of work. But I think he's pretty sexy. However, I'd LOVE to see Pete jump out a window. Or better yet, get thrown from one. He's a nerdy little boy who doesn't know how to do his job properly. And it's pretty clear that only got his job from his family name, which is not right.

1001consejos

[13]Oct 26, 2011

Idon'twant any of them to be out of the series...Why?Becausethey all make the series what it is now...and I wouldn't want to miss any of thecharacters of Mad Men. Some of them are awful people but that is theinterestingpart, the differences in their personalities and the impact in the drama story.

hazben

[14]Dec 23, 2011
    PETE!!!!! absolutely. he is a walking jug of summers eve [ask yer sister or wife] and has no heart or soul. the perfect corporate nazi. back stabber, cheat, cad, liar, greedy, just an all around puke, a wet sack of human garbage!

i think its obvious, from the first episodes opening theme that someone is scheduled to do a maddison avenue swan dive before its all said and done. in one episode, last year or year before, after one of petes many defeats and a bad meeting with his family, pete is alone in the office late that night with a shotgun. he was pouring down the hooch and had that "just end it now" look on his face.

and i do agree with poster above who said that all the characters, liked or not make the show, and i agree. but, i think someone is going to take that plunge. it could be any of 5-6 characters, sterling or cooper, the gay guy that draper caught in the hotel on a biz trip, don draper himself, the pudgy guy who heads up the tv adverts who is self defacing, paranoid and buried in debt. DUCK is my second "hope its him". but pete is my hope its him AND the most probable.

jonchun

[15]Mar 26, 2012
    • level: 11
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Is there any reason why Harry is still around? They've barely given him anything to do these last two seasons.

On that note, whatever happened to Paul?

I wish they would get rid of Harry. He does absolutely nothing and is worried about money. He's not at all important in the show. Paul was written out as not being chosen to move onto SCDP. I think 3x10 made it clear that Peggy was much smarter than Paul by her being able to make up a slogan off a quote Paul said. They should get rid of Harry and give Ken more to do. Roger has become a bore.

fairuser

[16]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 4

Pete, definitely. Hate him. Unfortunately, it seems Roger, my favorite character, is being marginalized and is depressed, so I could see him jumping. I can only hope he makes an amazing comeback at Pete's expense.