Mad Men

Love Among the Ruins

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 23, 2009 on AMC

• Weak episode

Mad Men always gave an artistic touch to most episode. But in this one, they failed miserably trying to make it look like a Woody Allen movie. Characters evolving into something different is artistic and lends a bit of class to the entire story, but it looks stupid when they put on a random face picked out of the blue. The trials and tribulations of Don is a widely used motif in the show. In here, he out of nowhere changes his mind to let Gene stay in his house. I, in fact can put up with Betty Draper's tantrums, though she seems to be the most annoying face of the show. However, ever since the third season has started, she is going crazy.

All storylines, right from Roger getting chucked out of his daughter's wedding to Pryce dropping the ball on Madison Square to Don contemplating on cheating again, seemed so random. I am not looking to connect the dots, and all I can do is to feel sorry for the show for wasting 45-odd minutes.

Peggy Olson has a revelation, and she ends up hooking up with college student. Her actions of trying to be like the men are getting stale. Final word. Average episode.