Mad Men

Maidenform

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 31, 2008 on AMC

• Duck gets a visit from the dog, peggy attempts to join the boys club, Don's affair continues, Pete picks up a model

5.7
    Rare plot driven episode. it was average and seemed to be setting up future plot points rather than resolving anything.

Of note was us learning Duck is divorced (rare back then) and has a drinking problem which he was battling. (by the end he seemed to be back on the bottle) His abandoning the dog was kind of shocking and his character obviously took an unsympathetic turn.

Don is still caarying on with the comedians wife and was angry when he learned she and his other conquests were talking about him. (this isn't good for a married man lol)I have a feeling his wife is going to find about his cheating soon.

Peggy's stroyline was most entertaining as she showed up at a strip club to be "one of the boys" as she was missing out on the deals and ideas the guys were doing after hours. I believe this is to show how difficult it was for woman to succeed in business back then as she is the only woman at the agency that is not a secretary.

Pete picking up the model was a head scratcher for me as I did not see the relevance of it, and I did not get what the mother being home when she took him back to her place represented. All in all an average episode and I had the feeling they were giving some of the other characters something to do (pete and duck)
  • Sterling Cooper misses out on another account.

4.1
    Mad Men's idealistic, yet stereotypical view on the 1960's continued on AMC tonight with another episode that failed to dazzle the viewer or keep them from dozing off on the couch. The one-dimensional acting of the program is only furthered by obvious plotlines and endings. The jokes have a worse batting average than Jason Giambi without steroids and the less than spectacular writing leaves the viewer wondering how this show is receiving such critical acclaim. This episode accomplished nothing and this "more of the same" vibe that Mad Men is producing is not even attempting to reinvigorate my interest in the series.

When Mad Men premiered last summer it was fresh and original. A slice of Americana when the Presidents were war heroes instead of inexperienced moguls with large mouths, and equally humongous ears. The addition of the dog in the office seemed like the comic relief portion of a CW Network TV series instead of a contender, and possible victor of the Emmy award for Outstanding Drama Series.

Instead of bad sex scenes how about the show trades in for exciting storylines. The stock of Mad Men is falling at Enron levels in Season 2.