Mad Men

Maidenform

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 31, 2008 on AMC

• Duck gets a visit from the dog, peggy attempts to join the boys club, Don's affair continues, Pete picks up a model

5.7
    Rare plot driven episode. it was average and seemed to be setting up future plot points rather than resolving anything.

Of note was us learning Duck is divorced (rare back then) and has a drinking problem which he was battling. (by the end he seemed to be back on the bottle) His abandoning the dog was kind of shocking and his character obviously took an unsympathetic turn.

Don is still caarying on with the comedians wife and was angry when he learned she and his other conquests were talking about him. (this isn't good for a married man lol)I have a feeling his wife is going to find about his cheating soon.

Peggy's stroyline was most entertaining as she showed up at a strip club to be "one of the boys" as she was missing out on the deals and ideas the guys were doing after hours. I believe this is to show how difficult it was for woman to succeed in business back then as she is the only woman at the agency that is not a secretary.

Pete picking up the model was a head scratcher for me as I did not see the relevance of it, and I did not get what the mother being home when she took him back to her place represented. All in all an average episode and I had the feeling they were giving some of the other characters something to do (pete and duck)